Need help finding a rare? Check here first!

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Loki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Re: Need help finding a rare? Check here first!

Unread post by Loki »

Regarding Loque'nahak, for me he spawned only once pre-Cata (the one I tamed, 4 days before Cata), but since I have seen him 3 more times, all randomly, so I guess now as the Basin is more empty random flyovers are the way to go. I camped Loque and Sambas due to the mass of hunters after them (no chance they was going to stay up for more than a few minutes), but now it's after Cata Loque should be easier to find. As far as I know his timer is still 6-12 hours (and may or may not be affected by the possible Northrend rare spawn cap), but he is likely to stay alive for longer now. Checking in the morning (between 7-9 server time) seems to be good as well, since they could well still be up from spawning in the night (that's how I completed Frostbitten, each morning I'd generally find 3+ rares up).

Oh, and make sure to log out at one of his spawn points. He might suprise you when you come back on (Arcturis, Gondria, Karoma, and Skoll I got this way). Good luck :)

Avatar made by the awesome LupisDarkmoon. Tameable giraffes please!

Pets Wishlist:
Goats
Yaks
Shoveltusks
Stags
Talbuks/Gazelles
Giraffes!

WoD and Legion best expansions! 6 down, 1 to go!

Nightstalkêr
Realm: Hellscream

Unread post by Nightstalkêr »

Success! Thanks to everyone for the advice! I did find Loque yesterday after raid! He is awesome! And as an added bonus I decided to check for Arcturis and he was also there waiting. Now I have all my Spirit Beasts and Krush. Thanks again for all the help. Also, posting in the Magic thread works!!
Tuls
Realm: Frostwolf

Arcturis, help!

Unread post by Tuls »

Hi! I'm a new member to the forums and to the Petopians guild. And my question/plea for help is...Arcturis!
I've been sitting at his spawn for about 12 hours to no avail. I've heard he spawns 15 min after the hour, 5 to the hour, and 5 after the hour. Each of those have been "confirmed" by many people who have tamed him. I'd just like to get your opinions and maybe some helpful hints on what I can do to increase my chances of getting to the spawn point at the right time, thanks in advance! ~Tuls
Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Re: Arcturis, help!

Unread post by Ziarre »

His spawn timer varies a LOT. I'd be prepared for a long camp with a good book/movie.
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Truthfully, his spawn timer ranged 15 - 26 hours....

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Tuls

Unread post by Tuls »

Ouch :x That's a long time. Well wish me luck! Here goes a long camp lol. (Thanks for the replies!)
Samarachan
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Samarachan »

Save yourself the time and just login on peaks and half hours :) It works, confirmed on all my hunters.
Tuls

Unread post by Tuls »

Oh! Ok I'll do that :] If your information is correct and I get my shiny bear I'll love you forever!
Lyiar
Realm: Shadowmoon

Unread post by Lyiar »

I don't know, a lot of people theory certain time marks and such. But my Arcturis spawned at :22.

My advice is to prepare for a long sit if you're unlucky. I spent about a total of 31 hours just sitting on one spot between two separate days. Good luck, brethren of the hunt!
Samarachan
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Samarachan »

Lyiar wrote:I don't know, a lot of people theory certain time marks and such. But my Arcturis spawned at :22.

My advice is to prepare for a long sit if you're unlucky. I spent about a total of 31 hours just sitting on one spot between two separate days. Good luck, brethren of the hunt!
Well thats close to the half hour mark, I'm talking about 5 plus or minus. Did he spawn then or did you find him then?
Comett
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by Comett »

I'd just like to say, technically there is no rule via half-hour or hour spawns or 15 mins or 5 mins either side. :) It's just a guesstimate... and by the time you say "he could spawn at all these times" you've practically sat there the whole hour anyway. Regardless, checking on the hour and half hour marks is a pretty solid practise, even more so now that there are less people in Northrend.

My Arcturis hunt was a pain. I don't remember exactly but it was somewhere around 22 hours that he finally spawned for me ._. I hope yours isn't as bad!

Lyiar
Realm: Shadowmoon

Unread post by Lyiar »

Pretty much what Comett said. A spawn could appear at :37 mark and one could just say, that's close to 15 minute mark give or take a few. They are all just theories.

I didn't "find" him. He spawned under me after a 15 hour camp. I was getting ready to give up for the night when my NPCscan went off. That is one camp I really don't want to repeat. But I am sure as long as they keep putting new rares out, I'll be camping it til I get it. hehe.
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

After going through what seemed like hundreds of screen shots on Argent Dawn and Nesingwary, Arc has always spawned for me on either the :00 (or just shortly there after) or at the :45.
Most of the times have been in the early morning hours like 01:00 server time. Only once did I see him in an evening time which he spawned at 7:47 pm.

Not the best info but yes still with the :00, :30 and :45. ;) Good luck.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Lyiar wrote:I don't know, a lot of people theory certain time marks and such. But my Arcturis spawned at :22.

Mine did that too or on :55.

LisaaraPokefarm

Tuls

Unread post by Tuls »

That sounds doable, my play times range from 12:00am to 5:00am. I'll be checking, if not sitting, at the spawn point till I see the bugger! Unfortunately on Frostwolf he is still pretty well camped. Last I checked there were 4 people sitting on his spawn point which will make it rather difficult. But thanks for the good wishes I'm hoping for the best myself :]

Also as a side note I'd like to say I'm already very fond of this forum and find it very responsive and helpful. I hope to stay with you guys for a long time and hopefully transfer my hunter into the Petopians guild soon!
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Good luck on your Arcy! He's definitely worth it. I love Mjolnir to pieces.

LisaaraPokefarm

Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

I thought his timer was 21-24 hours, give it about half hour extra though to be sure I.M.O (refrence from Wowwiki a year ago, northrend wasnt touched by cata or 4.0.6 so im positive it hasnt changed)? Anywho, he does seem to like to spawn around 00:45 (give or take several minutes) cause twice in a row, tamed by my friend one night at, he said 12:37am and I tamed the day after him at 12:47am and it was after a server shutdown so it was a confirmed 21:37 hours for his pop up after the shutdown for mantinence had started and 24:10 hours exactly between my friends tame and my own

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Heleos
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Medivh

Unread post by Heleos »

Also view the guide where it tells you how to get the add on overlay. it'll alert you when a rare spawn - spawns so you don't have to stare at your character sitting in grizzly hills.
Heleos
Night Elf Hunter
Medivh- US
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Xakaal wrote:I thought his timer was 21-24 hours, give it about half hour extra though to be sure I.M.O (refrence from Wowwiki a year ago, northrend wasnt touched by cata or 4.0.6 so im positive it hasnt changed)? Anywho, he does seem to like to spawn around 00:45 (give or take several minutes) cause twice in a row, tamed by my friend one night at, he said 12:37am and I tamed the day after him at 12:47am and it was after a server shutdown so it was a confirmed 21:37 hours for his pop up after the shutdown for mantinence had started and 24:10 hours exactly between my friends tame and my own
Showing only 2 pop ups isn't really definitive. :)

LisaaraPokefarm

Snowwalker
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Suramar

Unread post by Snowwalker »

I'll tell you how to get Arcturis to spawn...

Park, and start playing with the new headset you got for christmas. NPC will not hesitate to blast those wardrums in your ear and startle you off your chair.

Well it worked for me... Sending ya some of Snow's rarehunting luck. [It found Karoma for a friend in 5 minutes this mornin...]