[speculation] new spirit beast? [vid of Fandral's cat form]

Read-only since Patch 4.1 is now live.
Megrarthon
Realm: Proudmoore

Re: [speculation] new spirit beast? [vid of Fandral's cat fo

Unread post by Megrarthon »

Wow, I love that model. I'd definitely have a hard time choosing between it an Skoll of it was tameable.

Also, if it WAS tameable, I can just imagine the number of "Red XIII" variations for the name... :roll:
ceronn
Realm: Stormrage

Unread post by ceronn »

I really wish this would turn out to be a tamable hunter pet without the armor. It'd be even more of a stretch to ask for it NOT to be a spirit beast lol.

I'm going to be realistic here and say we won't see this incarnation with/without armor as a spirit beast or tamable pet, ever.

Besides its clearly not a transparent copy of a normal pet skin, therefore it won't be a spirit beast :lol:

Last "unique" spirit beast in terms or model was Skoll and we got that last expansion. Just sayin.
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

That is quite possibly one of the ugliest things I have ever seen. :/

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

So that's what it looks like with the armour on! Thanks. I couldn't get the armour to render in WMV, which is why I posted it naked in that other thread.

Model and skin names aren't always a good indicator of what the model will actually be used for, as ideas change. For example those arcane wyrms were originally meant to be nether dragons in BC. But in this case, the model is so fresh we can probably assume this really is a very angry Fandral Staghelm, or one of his followers.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: US - Skywall/Cenarius Alliance - Nesingwary Horde

Unread post by Seilahyn »

I was thinking the other day about "new designs for a spirit beast". One of them was a flaming lion model with a mane of fire and maybe a trail down his back with a puff of flame on the end of his tail. Was thinking it would be interesting to see some "elemental" type spirit beasts.

Seeing this, although not a Druid form or a tameable mob, I really -REALLY- wish it was. That is almost what I was imagining without the armor. I wasn't sure if I wanted it as a solid or slightly see through; but seeing the video I think the slight transparency works well. I got a little tired of the "ghost" spirit beasts. I love Loque and Skoll for their original look over the ghosty look. I do love my Gondria, which was fine for one of the earlier ones.. but it got old.

Er, anyway. More of this. It's a very beautiful model even if it is just a reskinned druid cat form.

*prays for a mount form of it at the very least even though she knows it probably won't happen*
Davarra
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Kargath, Suramar, Eitrigg, Korialstrasz, Nagrand

Unread post by Davarra »

Wow...he's beautiful. Staghelm's a total waste of such a gorgeous model!

Sig and av by the very talented Kurenio!

Zangor
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Lightbringer-US Nessingwary-US

Unread post by Zangor »

you guys seen this? maybe theres a chance for a dog spirit beast with the firelands patch!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHnJozCltPQ
Silivren
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

Davarra wrote:Wow...he's beautiful. Staghelm's a total waste of such a gorgeous model!

So not true! That said if it was tamable I'd get it and name it Fandral if possible just cause I love him.. :lol:

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Vulpixen wrote:
Davarra wrote:Wow...he's beautiful. Staghelm's a total waste of such a gorgeous model!

So not true! That said if it was tamable I'd get it and name it Fandral if possible just cause I love him.. :lol:
Yay! I'm not the only Fandral lover!

(For those who need to educate themselves on this poor elven man, feel free to read here: http://www.wowpedia.org/Fandral)

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Jroaeyl
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Jroaeyl »

Maybe it's time for new sets of beasts? We have Spirit Beasts that are all white and wispy (or electric for Skoll). How about tameable Fire Beasts (similar fiery skin) and Water Beasts?

I'd camp for them :)
Comett
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by Comett »

Very nice :)

But Lore-wise, personally I'd be... um. Infuriated? Devastated? If this *is* Fandral and Blizz adds in a hunter tame equivalent. Haha. If it's not used as a major lore figure, fine (Har'koa doesn't count as quite as major a lore figure). But if it is, there are some skins/models hunters just shouldn't be able to tame. XD

Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

Jessibelle wrote:
Vulpixen wrote:

(For those who need to educate themselves on this poor elven man, feel free to read here: http://www.wowpedia.org/Fandral)

Okay, now I feel really guilty for hating him before. >.< Poor guy!
Not that I *like* him now. I still don't like his personality. However, I can't hate him for being nasty after all he went through.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Re: [speculation] new spirit beast?

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Zangor wrote:if that where to be made into a spirit beast it would come with 4.2 and id be kinda let down that it was another cat :P
I don't think I would be let down if the next SB was another cat, I'm all for different types of SB's, but the SB icon is a kitty's face after all. If this were to become a spirit beast my guess it would be the model without the Armour in which Wain had already shown us. And if it was to become a SB, regardless of it being a kitty or not, it would be great to see that Blizzard are considering using elemental SB's, which would open up the SB designs to a massive spectrum of other options (rather than most of the current "spirit/ghost" versions) ... more like Skoll for eg.
Zangor wrote:you guys seen this? maybe there's a chance for a dog spirit beast with the firelands patch!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHnJozCltPQ
Hahaha, you and your addiction to bones Zangor... I'm surprised you haven't race changed to an undead hunter yet... or have you? :lol:
ceronn wrote: Last "unique" spirit beast in terms or model was Skoll and we got that last expansion. Just sayin.

Actually skolls model is not unique at all, his colors sure are, but his skeleton and model are the same as all the other saber worgs. The closest unique model we have received for a SB would be loq, whom still shares it's model with it's partner Hakkar. That a Arct was also fairly unique, but uses a druids model if I'm not mistaken. I'm all for unique models, but I would not count on it too much.

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Silivren
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

Jessibelle wrote:
Vulpixen wrote:

Pssh lol when I made my first toon. (Night Elf Druid) I saw him and thought he was the leader of the night elves.. I was so impressed by his height and his way of getting stuff done I loved him and respected him right off the bat. Hes has his trials and he made a mistake, hes suffering for it and thats punishment enough imo. He deserves a little break, hes awesome.

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Vulpixen wrote:
Jessibelle wrote:
Vulpixen wrote:

Pssh lol when I made my first toon. (Night Elf Druid) I saw him and thought he was the leader of the night elves.. I was so impressed by his height and his way of getting stuff done I loved him and respected him right off the bat. Hes has his trials and he made a mistake, hes suffering for it and thats punishment enough imo. He deserves a little break, hes awesome.
AnaKasha was my first hunter, technically, but it was back in BC so I didnt do much with her but she always had a respect and thing for Staghelm.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8wtEtyHZHU

Some night elven-ish looking NPC skins bearing a resemblance to our flaming kitty friend here.
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

Celi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Saurfang, Oceanic

Unread post by Celi »

Oooh, I like her. She'd be even cooler with a fire tat on her back like the male.
Darknez

Realm: Bloodhoof - EU, Hellscream - EU

Unread post by Darknez »

Out of interest, just what is the name of this model's skin?
Adam-Savage
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Anvilmar

Unread post by Adam-Savage »

Someone mentioned it could be a Firelands Boss model. It also follows the same design as the hell hounds.
Ziarre wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8wtEtyHZHU

Some night elven-ish looking NPC skins bearing a resemblance to our flaming kitty friend here.
That is there cat form as they are druids. ;)
Last edited by Adam-Savage on Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Magnakilro
Realm: Eonar

Unread post by Magnakilro »

According to MMO-champion....Fandral Staghelm will be a boss in Firelands...so he may use that cat model too
Avatar made by the awesome Senna-umbreon