Mysterious Camel Figurine: 4.1

Read-only since Patch 4.1 is now live.
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Mysterious Camel Figurine: 4.1

Unread post by Acherontia »

Just so anyone hunting this bad boy is aware, the camel figuring is untargetable on the PTR. NPC Scan will still pick it up, but you'll have to hunt it down manually (by eye) : /
Pooksie
Realm: Burning Legion

Re: Mysterious Camel Figurine: 4.1

Unread post by Pooksie »

I'm yet to find a single one on live servers haha. I guess I just fail :)
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Oh well. I've only been able to find one so far, anyway--must have a lot of competition on my server.
ummeiko
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Illidan / Cho'gall / Blackhand

Unread post by ummeiko »

Glad I've got mine already. It was a pain to find even while it was targetable. Yay mind vision.

Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Acherontia wrote:Just so anyone hunting this bad boy is aware, the camel figuring is untargetable on the PTR. NPC Scan will still pick it up, but you'll have to hunt it down manually (by eye) : /
What a dumb change =/
I don't want to have to use NPCscan to find a figurine @_@ I do not like that addon. D:

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I've still not seen any. But it's good to know what to expect. Thanks :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

ummeiko wrote:It was a pain to find even while it was targetable. Yay mind vision.
That a bit of a shame about it not being targeted. I have only ever found 1 before (dusts).. well the scanner did and it also took me a good minute to find it, even with the big green triangle on its head. :D

Thanks for the heads up Archer.

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Cenarion Circle (US-Alliance)

Unread post by Cialbi »

Pooksie wrote:I'm yet to find a single one on live servers haha. I guess I just fail :)
Well, you're not alone, if that makes you feel any better.

I think I may just have to decide that these Mysterious Camel Figurines aren't worth losing some of my sanity over.
AKA Nazthandol, in <Petopians> (US)

Cute doesn't need an explanation.
_____

Avatar by LupisDarkmoon, and image caption by Kurasu. Thanks!

Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Yeah, I've been searching quite a bit; found 3 that were dust, no real ones :(

It's a shame, because I LOVE rare mounts. Even if these figurines were *common* it'd currently be hard to find them; they're tiny in a world of BIG, and even with NPC Scan's raid target icon they're damn hard to find.

Searching "by hand" is going to be painful at best; it took me almost 10 minutes to find it, and that's only after Shadowpaw came and explained that it was probably untargetable now : / When I found it and tested to see if it was targetable, one of my friends was like "Oh, good, now people won't have an advantage with NPC Scan." I replied, "Erm, now you will NEED NPC Scan! You won't be able to find it by macro at all anymore." I really feel bad for non-addon users : /
Mozag
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Several on EU.

Unread post by Mozag »

Acherontia wrote: I really feel bad for non-addon users : /
You shouldn't, really. It's completely our decision not to use NPCScan, etc. I don't, because quite simply that whole cache thing sounds like a load of hassle, and also, I rather enjoy the old-fashioned hunting way. I don't even use a macro. :D

This decision is mine, and only mine. If that means I lose out on some rares when I'm randomly flying around, no biggie. It has luckily never been an issue at all for getting rares that I've wanted, including Madexx, KK, Loque and Gondria. So don't feel sorry for us, we could easily install if it we wanted to! :D
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I guess you're right :)

I do have friends that prefer not to use addons in general--whether for fear of their account safety, or whatever. I personally can't say the same; I'm absolutely fully stocked on all addon types, on sale now, get 'em while they last :D But yeah, those people, I still do feel bad for. I am not sure why they're making this change anyway--damn statues are hard enough to find!!
Worba
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

Rikaku wrote:
Acherontia wrote:Just so anyone hunting this bad boy is aware, the camel figuring is untargetable on the PTR. NPC Scan will still pick it up, but you'll have to hunt it down manually (by eye) : /
What a dumb change =/
I don't want to have to use NPCscan to find a figurine @_@ I do not like that addon. D:
iirc that addon sneaks around the "no targeting" restriction normally applied to scripts by building a text link using the target name, and then seeing if it returns null or not (returns null if there's nothing nearby with a matching name). Pretty cool stuff - I tried to reproduce that in my own addons (since I didn't feel like using NPC_Scan or SilverDragon) but couldn't quite get it right. :|
bloodysam
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Scryers!

Unread post by bloodysam »

Dang that means when i do actually try and get this beastie its gonna be difficult i have yet to find one of these figurines. :(

Born a lonewolf...choosen to be with pets!
Thanks for the awwsome signature Pooksie!!
Teevo
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Elune

Unread post by Teevo »

Pooksie wrote:I'm yet to find a single one on live servers haha. I guess I just fail :)
Ya, I only came across one so far. No luck. Taking a break from looking for now, sick of the Uldum desert after my Madexx hunt lol

Special thanks to Pooksie for my Sig!

Agravaine
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Bleeding Hollow

Unread post by Agravaine »

Found mine today... while going from one known spot to another. Actually I was at Armagedillo's spawn spot going southwest when I picked it up with my /tar macro. At first I thought it was among the animal bones on the desert floor, but it turned out to be in a group of palm trees on the Vir'nal Oasis right at the edge of the plateau at 46, 45.

Ironically I reached exalted with Ram'kahen a couple of hours later in my daily heroic and picked up the other two camels... a dollop of mounts in one day :) It's ironic because I was stuck at 94 mounts for months until I got my seahorse, then it was another couple of months till I got the skeletal raptor... now I'll probably be stuck at 98 mounts till fall :(

Edit: By the bye, I don't use NPCScan myself, but for those of you who do: it has 2 NPC IDs. You will want to use this one, and this one only: http://www.wowhead.com/npc=50409

Why? Because this one has the Sandstorm ability. The other one does not. ;)

Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

Agravaine wrote:it has 2 NPC IDs. You will want to use this one, and this one only: http://www.wowhead.com/npc=50409

True. But if you don't pick it up, then leaving the non-sandstorm ones out means that the other has no chance to spawn, right? Since they share spawn points, one needs to disappear before another spawns. Like nodes.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Agravaine
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Kurasu wrote:
Agravaine wrote:it has 2 NPC IDs. You will want to use this one, and this one only: http://www.wowhead.com/npc=50409

leaving the non-sandstorm ones out means that the other has no chance to spawn, right?
You know, you're right. :oops: :) Going through the comments on wowhead, it looks like this item has the spawn characteristics of a rare spawn beast -- spawns singly every 12 hours or so.

Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

This is why I have both of them loaded into my NPCScan. Sure, I'll find way more 'dust' ones than not, but if everyone with the scan is ignoring the dust, then at least *one* person will be helping to clear the way to the camel-spawning ones! ;)
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Agravaine
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Good luck... mine was the first and only figurine I'd ever seen in 3-odd months of searching.