White Whale Post #2.

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Spiritbeests
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Quel'Dorie

White Whale Post #2.

Unread post by Spiritbeests »

I posted this one a long, long time ago. Basically, what pet has managed to evade your taming efforts, no matter how hard you try? After having tamed Loque'Nahak, Skoll, Gondria, Arcturis, Karoma, Ghostcrawler, Terrorpene, Red Madexx, King Krush, Aotona, Chrommagus, Jadefang, Sambas, Lord Kri and Huhuran (takes a deep breath), I still can't find Nuramoc. Anyone else have a rare that avoids thier nets? Nuramoc vs. Buitre. :twisted: Should be an epic search.
Cerah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Alterac Mtns, Maelstrom, Nesingwary, Silver Hand

Re: White Whale Post #2.

Unread post by Cerah »

Loque'nahak was my white whale for quite a while, but I finally managed to find him after months of looking on Christmas day. Dreamer's my Christmas present from Blizz :D

Right now, I have yet to even *see* Maddex or Terrorpine, alive or dead, never mind tame them. Guess I should just keep looking and hope I get lucky.

Visit Pop Seagull Publishing
Original Canadian Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror
Sleep is Temporary. Reading is Forever!

Lotusii
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary/Argent Dawn

Unread post by Lotusii »

For the longest time Loque'nahak was my white whale. I never saw it in the wild and got lucky the same day I had some friends help me get my Chromaggus. (I need to get around to actually using Devastator...) It took me from a month after Wrath came out until about two months ago to find that cat. I love my Blackout (Decepticon name pet theme). I decided to go after Madexx about a month or so ago (any colour but black or brown) and have yet to see any Madexx in the wild living or dead. Someday I will find that scorpion. Some day.
Last edited by Lotusii on Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sig by the AMAZING Sookie.
Grokan
Realm: Garrosh

Unread post by Grokan »

Mine are King Krush and Madexx. I found King Krush once, and that was after using my Wormhole Generator to port to Sholazar. I spawned it and _NPC-scan went off immediately, so I swooped down and targeted him, only to find that a nelf hunter had just finished the tame. I was pretty bummed. :(

Madexx on the other hand, I've never seen him out in the wild, and I've only seen one other hunter with one of the non-common skins.
Ellonna
Realm: Ravenholdt

Unread post by Ellonna »

I wish all of you were on my server! I ALWAYS see pets I am not looking for...

My white whale is green Madexx. Never even seen him, not even tamed.
Spiritbeests
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Quel'Dorie

Unread post by Spiritbeests »

Ironic. It seems the two colors of Madexx that people spend alot of time looking for are red and green. Those are the two I've found. I want a blue one or a black one :( anyone for a trade?
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Spiritbeests wrote:I posted this one a long, long time ago. Basically, what pet has managed to evade your taming efforts, no matter how hard you try? After having tamed Loque'Nahak, Skoll, Gondria, Arcturis, Karoma, Ghostcrawler, Terrorpene, Red Madexx, King Krush, Aotona, Chrommagus, Jadefang, Sambas, Lord Kri and Huhuran (takes a deep breath), I still can't find Nuramoc. Anyone else have a rare that avoids thier nets? Nuramoc vs. Buitre. :twisted: Should be an epic search.
Nuramoc has a very long respawn timer so you'll have to sit there for a long time.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

At the moment, I haven't got a 'white whale', other than the mount rares. The last White Whale I had was Ghostcrawler (for some reason, Nimhar decided it was the spirit beast for her), but just today when I logged in to check something, boom. Ghostcrawler. :)
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

Blue madexx (or any madexx) is my white whale. I've never seen any live/dead or tamed...never seen it at all on my server.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Hmmm...
Well, Blue Madexx is being mean to me. THat's all. >.<

I used to have a lot of them, though.
Arcturis was very mean for months, but he finally accepted my challenge and spawned.
Loque hated me for a few months as well, but now he happily spawns all the time for me.
KK despised me. Got him randomly about a year after I heard about him.
OCJ also was nasty, but he finally spawned as well.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

lilaughingwolf
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Zul'gin

Unread post by lilaughingwolf »

Right now mine is Sambas. Im hoping he'll change his mind and deside to join my happy band of companions....I have even been saving him a special spot :) Oh and a brillant macaw....I have for the last few months hit dead mines till it locks me out and still no pretty birdie :( (I have the matching vanity pet so REALLY hoping on finding it some day)
Last edited by lilaughingwolf on Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nubhorns
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: WrA

Unread post by Nubhorns »

Bronze Madexx.

Spawned enough that people complained about him and how icky and non-unique he was, and then I show interest in him and poof! Hide nor hair of him at all lately.

In all honesty I haven't seen Madexx ever. Never tamed him, never even seen his corpse.

Karoma was my white whale. I repeatedly threatened to punch her instead of tame her when I found her. I was only out there for maybe four days, but it was really rough on me.

|| deviantART || armory || magistream ||

Arisia
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard US (H)

Unread post by Arisia »

King Krush... I have found him dead ONCE in over a year of looking. True, I only camped obsessively for 2 weeks, but in that entire time, doing circuits for 8 hours a day, fourteen days in a row, I never ever saw him, alive or dead... and remember getting so very angry when I logged for 20 minutes, heartstoning to Orgrimar, only to log in to a hunter joyfully saying how he JUST tamed the green dinosaur

::headdesk::

He'll never ever be found by Arisia... never...
Aistiande
Realm: Icecrown

Unread post by Aistiande »

Loque'nahak, King Krush, and Aotona. I was finally able to get both King Krush and Aotona after the Shattering. I actually had a little difficulty finding Nuramoc as well, until I read on Wowhead that he tends to patrol kind of far away from the ledge in the southern part of Netherstorm.
Teevo
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Elune

Unread post by Teevo »

I consider myself pretty lucky, having tamed all the rares within a months time. But Madexx was definately the most challenging.. specifically green.

Special thanks to Pooksie for my Sig!

Pent
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Pent - Mt. Hyjal - Alliance

Unread post by Pent »

It took me about 7 weeks of evenings to snag Aotona. When I did finally tame her I had about 3500 Saronite ores and about 300-400 Titanium ores.

I am getting ready to head into week 12 of my Green Madexx hunt. I don't count Madexx as being my "White Whale", but going in only wanting a certain color and 12 weeks later having tamed every color except green... it does seem to be eluding me in some way.

If you are asking why I don't consider it to be my "White Whale" it is because I tamed A Brown Madexx in about 10 days after I started looking so I got the skin, but not the color. Total RNG going on there.

If you are curious here are some of the other rares I have tamed and the amount I camped them:

King Krush - Camped and pleaded in General for 11 days.
Loque'nahak - No camping. At L.77 arrived in SB and flew right to him... on a VERY busy server.
Nuramoc - First time: 2 days. Second time: He was waiting for me.
Skoll - Camped for about 6 days right after he was added.
Arcturis - Camped about 3 days... actually stayed awake for 27 hours and never saw him then... fluke maybe.
Gondria - First time: Parked character at spawn location and logged on at 3am. Second time: About 3 days. The other two times were fly-bys. (Yeah, I ditched him 3 times because I needed stable space.
Terrorpene - Camped about 2-3 days and finally got him by logging on at 4am.
Sambas - No camping. Was looking for Karoma, but thankfully found Sambas when I did.
Karoma - No actual camping. Checked in on him every few hours and then went AFK above one spawn. came back and he was there. Maybe 3 days.
Ghostcrawler - No actual camping. Just logged off and logged on every so often til I saw him.
Jadefang - Used lag trick to get up on the ledge (the daily was never there for 8 days straight). About 4-6 hours later Jadefang spawned. Then logged off and about 12 hours later logged back in to get mini-Jadefang.

I tamed all of the Cataclysm rares (except Madexx) on or before Dec.18th. Jadefang was my last on Dec.18th... and I have been in Uldum camping ever since.

I am sure I am missing a few lower level rares that I "camped" for, but I honestly don't remember any taking longer than 3-5 days way back when.
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." ~ Terry Pratchett

I need more hunters, IMO.

"A hobby should pass the time, not fill it." --Norman Bates "Psycho"
Lukhela
Realm: EU - Malfurion

Unread post by Lukhela »

My white whale was the blue Madexx. Found him on my first day of started camping, but an allianz rogue was faster and killed him. Camped then for weeks and often logged in at 3am in hope to have more luck at this time. And one time I found the green one.. I thought "Madexx knows all" and tamed him.
Then last friday at 19.20pm (very busy time on servers I think) I flew per chance over his spawn point and there he was. By luck I had space and no pet active so I started the tame immediatly. And now I'm very happy with my blue Madexx ^^ And I feel very sorry for all who are camping the green one.. cause I got him and dismissed him right after I found the blue one :(
Loki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Loki »

Seems to be Arcturis on my alt for now, been parked at the spawn for almost 8 hours per day for the past 4 days and no sign.

Avatar made by the awesome LupisDarkmoon. Tameable giraffes please!

Pets Wishlist:
Goats
Yaks
Shoveltusks
Stags
Talbuks/Gazelles
Giraffes!

WoD and Legion best expansions! 6 down, 1 to go!

Yaone
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Lightbringer

Unread post by Yaone »

Oh my, in vanilla it was Deathmaw, by far, I was in Burning steppes for almost 4 weeks looking for him. BS was a Very high traffic zone with tons of farmers killing and skinning the elite dragons. And he had a horrible respawn timer.

For Burning Crusade it was a tie between Hawkbane and the crock from Nagrand.

Wrath? King Krush, I had him killed under me so many times I actually lost count... Oh and Gondria. She just didn't want to be found for the longest time. After I got her, I seen her all the time and rehomed her at least 20+ times.

Cata has to be Madexx in blue. Only seen in the wild twice, dead. But I got black, and green and I am done looking for blue ... I don't deny when I am out there that I do make a fast round tho, just in case. >.>
Griffley
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Outland - EU

Unread post by Griffley »

I camped king krush for weeks
yesterday night he was there, and Arcturis, Ghostcrawler, and Karoma all as well!
I was so lucky