Re: Female Reproductive Health [explicit]

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Eh I should have some lube somewhere. Hmmm atleast I used too >.>

Edit: nope just an empty condom box. :S
lilatha

Realm: EU-Emerald Dream

Unread post by lilatha »

Just don't buy the heat one! It says on the back to blow on it to heat it up but it will heat up from anything >.>
Wark
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Earthen Ring-US

Unread post by Wark »

lilatha wrote:From what I was told about the patch ... Well this is UK only, the patch is offered alot due to it being easy to forget about, so it can fall off and you might not notice till its to late and such.
Unless you guys get a WILDLY different patch than we do, you get a couple hours' grace period to notice, and the list of places you're allowed to stick it (no, you can't just stick it anywhere, pretty sure it screws things up if it's not sitting over top the right tissues) includes several easy-to-check areas, like your upper arms or belly/hip area. If it falls off and you notice right away, you're supposed to stick it right back on-- chances are good that there's still a lot of adhesive, so unless you do something silly or very wet it'll likely stay. (Pretty sure it's advised against if, say, you swim a lot.)

That said, it's definitely not for people who have problems only remembering something once a week! On the flip side is someone like me, who's very good at checking my calendar about once a day, but has such a goofy schedule that it's almost impossible for me to do something at the same hour every day. So the pill was a logistical headache, but I really liked the patch. I'd actually say it's a very important consideration if you're trying to use hormonal contraceptives for the contraception part, as they have different grace periods and touchiness.

RE lube: it's probably just a sign of how boring I am, but the idea of using lube for anything besides the lubrication purpose turns me off. Hot/cold? Sounds distracting (and potentially "AUGH IT BURNS" painful). Flavors are just a horrifying idea, but then I don't play so well with artificial flavors/scents.
lilatha

Unread post by lilatha »

Yeah one good thing about England and our TV shows .... Theres alot about sex on to be blunt! And its nothing rude its teaches the right and wrong way and what things are and how to use them. I remeber one recently going around schools (so kids between 14-18) asking them if they knew the basic facts ... shocked me how many don't makes you wonder what the schools are like here D: I know remeber my sex ed lessons being more like the birds and the bees... D:
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

I also recommend Planned Parenthood. I got my birth control through them when I was without health insurance, and as a bonus received the most thorough well woman exam I've ever had along with counseling. I've heard they also offer good pre-natal care up until birth, and sex ed classes for teens.
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

I figure you guys should know something about this...

BF wants to try anal sex. What's the best way to tell him "HELL NO!"?

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

I tell my bf exactly that, "HELL NO!" :lol:
If that doesn't work, maybe try explaining to him exactly why you don't want to have anal sex?

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
lilatha

Unread post by lilatha »

Saturo the best way is to tell him you feel uncomfortable with the idea of it, if not you could go into detail on anal fissure or hemorrhoids. May freak him out enough about it but if he cares about and you tell him how uncomfortable it makes you free he shouldn't even ask twice :)
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Mmkay.
I think I'll go for some mix of you two then. Clear and explaining. Shouldn't fail TOO badly... Right, thanks. :)

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Miraga
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin

Unread post by Miraga »

*grumbles* I'm on my period and my boyfriend was poking me. *twitches* Everything bothers me SO MUCH MORE when I'm on my period. Also, my uterus hurts. That's all I have to say. Stupid period...

EDIT: About the patch; I used to be on it before I was really sexually active. I'm not a skinny girl and I was told by the RN that the patch is less effective for girls over a certain weight. I can't remember what it was but it was relatively low, I think... I also had one hell of a time keeping mine on for a bath. I looove soaking in the tub so not being able to do that very often was a bummer for me. It also came off in the shower a few times too. I may just have bad luck though. I was also about 16 so I may have put it on wrong. Just my experiences with it. :)

If you have trouble remembering to take your pill, what I do is set an alarm on my cell phone for the same time every day. It goes off at 8pm without fail and I just take all my meds at that time. I've yet to miss a pill and the RN told me I have about an hour grace period before the pill is actually "late". Hope this helps! If you have a nice calendar on your phone, you could set events/alarms for certain dates if you have birth control that needs to be replaced every week, too.
Last edited by Miraga on Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
lilatha

Unread post by lilatha »

Like I said when in doubt freak him out! I know it sounds harsh it maybe just who I am, being rather blunt ftw!, but if hes going to try to force you into something no harm in doing in your own pace. Im not againts anal sex but if done incorrect can be painful. Maybe tell him 'Maybe one day right now it freaks me out to much.' Cas this way your not saying no but your not saying yes either, just take these things in your own pace and when you feel up for trying it remember there are numbing lubes out there!

/hugs Miraga demand chocolate from him! That or tell him if he keeps bothering you when your off he won't get anything :3

Ive just noticed how harsh I sound sometimes when it comes to stuff like this ... Forgive me its kinda my thing? People normal get that im joking like when I freak my boyfriend out about child birth .... Again /blame Med students D:
Miraga
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin

Unread post by Miraga »

lilatha wrote: /hugs Miraga demand chocolate from him! That or tell him if he keeps bothering you when your off he won't get anything :3

There is a chocolate stash in his freezer that I have taken advantage of. :D *noms on delicious chocolate*
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

lilatha wrote:Like I said when in doubt freak him out! I know it sounds harsh it maybe just who I am, being rather blunt ftw!, but if hes going to try to force you into something no harm in doing in your own pace. Im not againts anal sex but if done incorrect can be painful. Maybe tell him 'Maybe one day right now it freaks me out to much.' Cas this way your not saying no but your not saying yes either, just take these things in your own pace and when you feel up for trying it remember there are numbing lubes out there!

/hugs Miraga demand chocolate from him! That or tell him if he keeps bothering you when your off he won't get anything :3

Ive just noticed how harsh I sound sometimes when it comes to stuff like this ... Forgive me its kinda my thing? People normal get that im joking like when I freak my boyfriend out about child birth .... Again /blame Med students D:
I like your sense of humor. :lol:
I used to scare boys like that in high school because I learned how to castrate animals.

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
lilatha

Unread post by lilatha »

Lol TygerDarkstorm love you right now <3
But back in school I did really well in science so ofc I learn a lil' more then the birds and the bees I learnt both good sides and bad sides of things which most people don't really know.

And on om nom nom chocolate I was in your boat last week and I felt like running on empty hate that feeling and the draining feeling it kills D:
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

:D :hug:
I was a part of FFA and agriculture classes in high school and loved every minute of it. :lol:

[/center]
Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Mania »

lilatha wrote:Yeah one good thing about England and our TV shows .... Theres alot about sex on to be blunt!
Torchwood ... *drool*

Saturo wrote:BF wants to try anal sex. What's the best way to tell him "HELL NO!"?
I went with "Um ... no thanks." Same basic idea, though. He asked why not and I told him I was squicked out by the idea. He sent me some website links (persistent little bugger, no pun intended). I told him I still wasn't interested and he backed off. Had he kept pressing, I would have progressed to the actual "HELL NO!" stage.
lilatha

Unread post by lilatha »

Mania wrote:
lilatha wrote:Yeah one good thing about England and our TV shows .... Theres alot about sex on to be blunt!
Torchwood ... *drool*
OMG don't remind me I want that show back! Like now D:< C'MON BBC!
Silivren
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

lilatha wrote:
Mania wrote:
Torchwood ... *drool*
OMG don't remind me I want that show back! Like now D:< C'MON BBC!

K, I'm curious - What is it o.O?

VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Quel'Dorei, Nessingwary
Location: Saturo's necromancy class. Karma = World's Worst Necromancer.

Unread post by VelkynKarma »

Well...I've been lurking around this thread for a while and keep coming back to it. I guess it's as good a place as any to put my problem out there. Admittedly I've been rather nervous about doing so (I'm rather uncomfortable with topics of a sexual nature) so it took a while to work myself up to actually doing so. But I don't exactly have a psychologist or anything to talk to about it, and you guys seem pretty supportive here so far, so...here we go.

Here's the dealio. I'm not sexually active (in fact to be perfectly honest the very thought of it terrifies me). I have no plans on changing this any time soon. I'm twenty-two but I've never once dated, willingly (I've been asked out a few times, but always turn them down). It's a bit awkward, actually, since...well, my family doesn't exactly seem to get it. Not that they're not totally understanding people (we have family members who are homosexual and we're 100% supportive of them) but most of my family doesn't seem to really, I dunno, get my lack of interest in and/or discomfort with sex and such. In fact, it's such an awkward topic that nobody really knows how to deal with, that I don't think I've ever told any of them I'm more than a little terrified of the whole mess.

There are other factors involved too. My mother always laughs off when I say "NEVER, EVER HAVING KIDS," because she claims she said the same thing until me. Of course, for me this is an even easier decision to make...you can't have kids without sex, y'know?

And there's the fact that I loathe physical contact with a passion. I hate hugs. HATE them. They feel disgustingly entrapping and too close for comfort. The only people that get away with hugging me are a few close relatives...and I can never bring myself to hug back.

Where the hell are you going with this, Vel? Okay, okay, here we go, the actual problem:

Notice my age. Twenty-two. I'm told this is usually around the time one visits a gynecologist for the first time. A few people have reminded me of this, over and over, for the past few years. Cue complete, abject panic. I haven't even gone to a REGULAR doctor in four and a half years since my college required a basic physical, because every time I leave the doctor's office I feel like I've been violated for the rest of the day. Visit a gynecologist? Heeeell no! If I hate it when strangers tap me on the shoulder, there is no way I am letting anyone near me THAT intimately.

But I am aware of the health implications. So I don't know....you guys probably know more about this than I do. What the hell should I do? Is there anything I CAN do? My mother especially keeps reminding me of this, and I just have NO idea how to explain to her (or anybody else for that matter) how completely uncomfortable-bordering-on-terror with the whole 'intimate contact' thing.

And now, hopefully this little 'confession' won't come back to bite me in the ass....>>;

~VelkynKarma

Silinrul and Jiaphyon of <Ominous Latin Name>

A big thanks to Vephriel for the awesome signature :)

Help my Dragons

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I'd recommend seeing a gynecologist I mean you never know you might have cancer or somesuch! They are very gentle well the ones I have had are. The one I useally see is a man but hes very nice.

You know you people are lucky I like anal sex but I can never find anyone who wants to do it >:( its allways hell no you crazy girl! etc It seems I'm the only girl in west auckland who likes that kind of thing lol