Not Tamable.........but it has a diet...?

Read-only since Patch 4.1 is now live.
Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Not Tamable.........but it has a diet...?

Unread post by Rawr »

Not sure if this was already posted....... only found 2 so far (not counting Hydras) [testing all, but only listing exclusions, for now]

The Boa snake model has the Serpent diet (meat) [excluding Twilight Serpents,Shadow Serpents]
WoWScrnShot_031511_012453.jpg
WoWScrnShot_031511_012453.jpg (259.66 KiB) Viewed 2564 times
The Sand Worm, or in this case a Dune Worm, has well the Worm diet (cheese, bread, fungus)[can't find Fulgorge]
WoWScrnShot_031511_012625.jpg
WoWScrnShot_031511_012625.jpg (309.1 KiB) Viewed 2564 times

I'll add more when I find them (here's hoping we get more than Hydras in the next few patches) :mrgreen:

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Re: Not Tamable.........but it has a diet...?

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

The boa constrictor models have had diets since the Cata beta.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Rawr

Unread post by Rawr »

TygerDarkstorm wrote:The boa constrictor models have had diets since the Cata beta.

Hmmm, well it seems not all of them have it...wonder why.............. :mrgreen:

Edit: Wait, does this mean the Sand Worms didn't? still gunna poke at the rest of the Boas to see..........Its 3am...going to bed Ill check the others in the morning.

Moore
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Venture Co.

Unread post by Moore »

It's sad because they could use the snake wrap animation from the Salramm fight to give the constrict ability to the boa-type snakes :( I really like those too.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

From what I was told, apparently those python style snakes were given diets purely for theme purposes. And unfortunately that was all :(

Those Outland style worms (sand worms, bone worms etc.) wouldn't have had diets on the beta because they weren't classed as beasts then (or at least most weren't). I sent Noah a list of them a while back and he updated them. So it doesn't signify they'll become tameable, just that they're now classed as beasts and worms for cosmetic reasons. Maybe if they ever create mobile skins for them they'll be allowed to be tamed :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Moore
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Venture Co.

Unread post by Moore »

Shame, I'm always a fan of the smaller animals being pets, I love the whole "You don't have to be super huge to dislocate your jaw and swallow a tauren hole" aspect of pets... Well.. I think that's an aspect of pets :P

Worba
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

Wain wrote:From what I was told, apparently those python style snakes were given diets purely for theme purposes. And unfortunately that was all :(

Those Outland style worms (sand worms, bone worms etc.) wouldn't have had diets on the beta because they weren't classed as beasts then (or at least most weren't). I sent Noah a list of them a while back and he updated them. So it doesn't signify they'll become tameable, just that they're now classed as beasts and worms for cosmetic reasons. Maybe if they ever create mobile skins for them they'll be allowed to be tamed :)
I would love to see them make mobile versions of the sand worm / dune worm - imo they are so much cooler than any of the existing worm pets... *drools*
Magnakilro
Realm: Eonar

Unread post by Magnakilro »

If they do ake the burrower worms tameable.....how bout a rarespawn with Magmaw's skin?
Avatar made by the awesome Senna-umbreon
Rawr

Unread post by Rawr »

Magnakilro wrote:If they do ake the burrower worms tameable.....how bout a rarespawn with Magmaw's skin?
I'm liking this, also I tested all the Sand Worms in Outlands, and they all have diets, but none of the Boas do........not sure what happened there. :mrgreen:

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Rawr wrote:
TygerDarkstorm wrote:The boa constrictor models have had diets since the Cata beta.

Hmmm, well it seems not all of them have it...wonder why.............. :mrgreen:

Edit: Wait, does this mean the Sand Worms didn't? still gunna poke at the rest of the Boas to see..........Its 3am...going to bed Ill check the others in the morning.
Sorry, should have been more clear--the boa models in Tanaris have all had diets since the Cata beta, and were temporarily tamable as wolves.

But I believe Wain cleared things up for us saying that gaining a diet and classification is not necessarily grounds for becoming tamable. :)

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

rofl tameable as wolves? thats epic... thats also prolly why they have a diet, its actually the wolves diet from the beta when they were species-confused lol xD my bf was sooo sooooo sooooo sad when he couldnt tame one of the white Boa Serpents in wailing caverns-- i myself would love for one of the 'shadowform' serpents in shadowmoon valley :P

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Magnakilro wrote:If they do ake the burrower worms tameable.....how bout a rarespawn with Magmaw's skin?
That'd be awesome :) And could fit in a few zones. It'd certainly need some tweaking, though. Magmaw's model is composed of a few pieces and looks kinda ricketty if you examine it up close. Hopefully its textures could be mapped onto a mobile worm model, though.

Magmaw was on the "set as beast" list too. I wonder if it's now classed as that on the ptr?
Rawr

Unread post by Rawr »

That would be nice if next expansion I could grab Magmaw and Chimaeron. Magmaw being the only non-pink Sand Worm, hopefully he would get his head on straight by thenhttp://www.wowhead.com/npc=41570#modelviewer :lol: . Ten or twenty more stable slots would be great too. :mrgreen:

Edit; whenever I log onto the PTR I'm left with a small reminder of what could have been :cry:
Hissy
Hissy
WoWScrnShot_031511_170722.jpg (114 KiB) Viewed 2564 times

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Rawr wrote:Magmaw being the only non-pink Sand Worm,
Actually, there's grey ones in the game, such as: http://www.wowhead.com/npc=21849#modelviewer

They use a different model, though the models are pretty much identical to the eye.
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

I wish Magmaw was tameable.....or his skin atleast.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine