Anyone good at writing poems? D:

Moore
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Venture Co.

Anyone good at writing poems? D:

Unread post by Moore »

>_> I need someone to help me out with one I'm working on and tell me if it reads right. I'm no expert at all, just a big fan of it, and have one that I'm trying my hand at but it just doesn't seem right to me. Would prefer PM's as I'm not exactly ready to share it ._.

Also didn't know if this should go hear or creative writing; because most people seem to be using the creative writing an art forum more towards art; where as I've seen poems posted here and most written stuff goes into RP. D:

rubybeam
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter

Re: Anyone good at writing poems? D:

Unread post by rubybeam »

Iv'e...never actually helped anyone with anything, I usually write peoms myself most of the time getting complements on how mature it is despite my age >.>

If it helps though when I write poetry I write it on stuff that inspires me, usually as a vent for anger, fear, sadness. for example
My shadow follows my footsteps under the glow of the virgin of the moon
My shadow follows my foot steps under the fiery blaze of the sun
My soul follows my footsteps under the blinking stars alight
My soul follows my footsteps under the drifting clouds
My footsteps lead on a journey
A jouney that is one with god
A jouney with newly discovered secert's untold
A jouney that find's storys of those old
With my shadow and soul following
My footsteps.
is a poem I wrote after taking a nice walk outside at night. this is made from inspiration of the night sky
It lurks inside with the aura of a demon
it slowly corrupts
Feeding off your soul little by little
trapping you in a cage before you know
Taking your body and using it like it's own body
It will gain your trust, then turn it agasint you
Then it will ruin your life little by little
Harming those dearest to you
With no control
you have to wait for your doom
this was made after I had a really hard time controlling my anger and wanted to hurt someone
You don'r have to post your poem also I Understand that you may be a little uneasy posting it, what I sugguest is to go over it with someone in real life even if they don't write poems
Awesome signature by the awesome pengupuff!
fatman
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Aman'Thul (both sides)

Re: Anyone good at writing poems? D:

Unread post by fatman »

What kind of poem are you planning to write?

Is it free-form or structured? Many songs, even rap, are actually free-form or structured poems set to music. Shakespeare wrote many of his plays in a kind of poetic stylistic meter. Japanese haiku is a kind of structured poem.

Will your poem be a story or a "letter written to someone"? Again, songs are an example of this.

From what point of view will be the poem's vision? First person? Third person? Past, present, future? All of the above?

I'm not really a good writer but pretty much, when you hit a block, you can always ask yourself the questions I posed so you can at least make a mental map for the poem you will write.