Recent Events

Zinagaro
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Recent Events

Unread post by Zinagaro »

In short this is just a forum post to let people know I will no longer be on these forums.
To be completely honest the forums have lost their meaning in a manner of speaking, and I'm starting to get kind of weird-ed out.
If you wish to contact me, I am in the Petopians Guild on Nesingwary US Server under the name of Zinagaro.

Adios : D <3

- I Be Indestructible Mon! -

"One thing I've learned about idiots - they are utterly without shame." - Worba

Ikutai
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Re: Recent Events

Unread post by Ikutai »

Thankfully, I have you on RealID. So we'll still be in touch. I'm sad to see you go, but I understand your reasons.

See you in guild chat. <3

"The days are short, and are too soon over. The nights, for good or bad, can seem endless." - Neil Gaiman

Signature by the illustrious Saturo

"Steps 3 through 47: Profit!" - Steampunk of Nesingwary

Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Mania »

I've removed some off-topic posts from this thread. If you have questions or feedback, please send me a PM.
Moore
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Venture Co.

Unread post by Moore »

Way cool, I'm done posting here as well.

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Sucks that you two are going, but I understand why. The forums have sucked lately.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Zinagaro
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Saturo wrote:Sucks that you two are going, but I understand why. The forums have sucked lately.
So you understand that multiple subjects that have nothing to do with anything positive have been brought up by select members in completely different threads, have been completely unwarranted and is a disgrace to what these forums used to stand for? Also that these subjects tend to alienate and upset a vast majority of people and are quite unsettling to talk about.
Derailing is one thing but, derailing into a subject that destroys the original topic in such a way as to forsake the entire topic into nonsensical crap that has no place on the forums in the first place, is different.

AdamSavage
Illustrious Master Hunter

Unread post by AdamSavage »

Wouldn't happen to do with a certain thread the lady's have been visiting quit heavily lately would it ?
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Zinagaro
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

AdamSavage wrote:Wouldn't happen to do with a certain thread the lady's have been visiting quit heavily lately would it ?
This is not gender specific, it isn't One Persons fault here. It's a culmination of multiple people who encourage each other in their derailment, which often times leads to subjects that are breaking the rules of the threads that have been laid out multiple times by giving it the guise of possibly being related.
As of late, a lot a threads have contributed to this.
Once again it isn't just one occurrence, it's multiple multiple occurrences across the entire board.

Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

I'm a bit torn on this. On one hand, I'm with you Zin. Things have been....different, in a bad way around here lately. The bit with certain mods getting attacked really upsets me, the weird sexualized slant things seem to be taking so often, the general tone getting more combative....but then....I'm not ready to give up the forums. I met too many wonderful people thru them. I'm hoping it's a phase and things will turn around. There's not much I can do about it, though. I know I haven't been posting much and honestly I am grateful that no non-forum guild applicants have turned up lately cause I'm not sure I want to direct them to the forums just now....
As for the "men's and women's threads" I am again unsure. While I think a frank and open discussion of such things is healthy, I'm not entirely sure what it's doing here. However, if things stay on topic and respectful, I guess I don't have a problem with it. However, things have not stayed on topic and respectful. While I do have an extremely perverse and inappropriate sense of humor, there is a time and place for everything. I think the public face of Petopia might not be one of them.
AdamSavage

I personally don't understand why people feel the need to share personal (sexual) stuff like that on a public forum..It just boggles my mind to no end. For the derailments..They have been getting alot worse and I'm not pointing the finger at any one person either.
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Zinagaro
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Teigan wrote:Things have been....different, in a bad way around here lately. The bit with certain mods getting attacked really upsets me, the weird sexualized slant things seem to be taking so often, the general tone getting more combative...etc...

As for the "men's and women's threads" I am again unsure. While I think a frank and open discussion of such things is healthy, I'm not entirely sure what it's doing here. However, if things stay on topic and respectful, I guess I don't have a problem with it. However, things have not stayed on topic and respectful. While I do have an extremely perverse and inappropriate sense of humor, there is a time and place for everything. I think the public face of Petopia might not be one of them.
I couldn't agree more, while it is fine when handled like an adult it is impossible to keep a thread of that nature on the right tracks. I'm not against the idea of fellow Petopians helping one another with these problems. In fact, I've actually had quite a few Petopians help me with problems similar in nature. I do however also agree that the public face of Petopia is not the place to be discussing them.

Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Mania »

All right, let's try this again, preferably without me getting frustrated and trying to put my fist through my monitor this time.

Zinagaro wrote:So you understand that multiple subjects that have nothing to do with anything positive have been brought up by select members in completely different threads, have been completely unwarranted and is a disgrace to what these forums used to stand for? Also that these subjects tend to alienate and upset a vast majority of people and are quite unsettling to talk about.
Derailing is one thing but, derailing into a subject that destroys the original topic in such a way as to forsake the entire topic into nonsensical crap that has no place on the forums in the first place, is different.
I feel like I'm very out of the loop here because I'm not entirely sure what threads you are talking about, Zinagaro. I get frustrated when I read posts like this because I like to think that if I know about a situation I can help fix it. I try to keep up with everything, but obviously I am not doing a very good job. So please, can you let me know when there's a problem?
Zinagaro
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Gladly, but perhaps we can get a Live messenger chat going with not just me but the others who also feel the same way.
I'll pm you in a bit.

AdamSavage

Mania wrote:All right, let's try this again, preferably without me getting frustrated and trying to put my fist through my monitor this time.

Zinagaro wrote:So you understand that multiple subjects that have nothing to do with anything positive have been brought up by select members in completely different threads, have been completely unwarranted and is a disgrace to what these forums used to stand for? Also that these subjects tend to alienate and upset a vast majority of people and are quite unsettling to talk about.
I feel like I'm very out of the loop here because I'm not entirely sure what threads you are talking about, Zinagaro. I get frustrated when I read posts like this because I like to think that if I know about a situation I can help fix it. I try to keep up with everything, but obviously I am not doing a very good job. So please, can you let me know when there's a problem?
Swearing at him out of anger doesn't help at all... :|

Dr. Who Video!

Zinagaro
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Nor does further provocation on the subject.
Just drop it Adam, we're trying to better the forum not turn this into another flame war or finger pointing match.

Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Mania »

Nor does swearing at myself, which is why I edited the message I posted first. If I were swearing at Zinagaro now, you would know it. ;)
Zinagaro
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

In light of recent less than pleasant events; can we lock this topic and continue in pm's as you have suggested in your first post.

Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Mania »

As you wish!

Although I am very tempted now to start point at the ;) and yelling "Respect the smiley!"
But I suspect that might be rather problematic derailment.