The Little Beetle That Could...ish

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

The Little Beetle That Could...ish

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

**UPDATE**27/4/11
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Unfortunately due to such a small model on this beetle once tamed, Blizzard has decided to edit it by increasing its size to a larger scale.

Things to note~
* He still currently obtains his black trail upon movement.
* His size is still actually smaller compared to other beetles of the same model, but vastly larger than previously.
* Some how during the growth spurt process, he has lost the ability to run properly and now has a "gliding" type run animation.
* Currently his "Shield' ability still scales as to his previous smaller size, making it much larger than the graphic is supposed to be (Image kindly posted by Jelani on page 6). This may possibly be edited again as it's clearly not intended.

.....and just remember to all those whom do not love your beetle as much anymore and are thinking of letting him go.... He still loves you! ;)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1st and foremost,
a BIG thankyou goes to Wain,
without his dedication we would not have even started looking at the lists of pets untameable in the 1st place,
and without his help I would have been able to manage to tame this little guy too!
/target Wain
/cheer!

Now, On with the show

INTRODUCING... The little tank that packs the biggest punch, the angriest inch you'll ever come across, the mightiest of all but certainly no mouse.. the one, the only...

Mini Me the Corpse Scarab!

This little guy may be small, but his cute factor is off the scales! He comes fully equipped with a black beetle carapace, and for your viewing pleasure, a little black running trail, just so you don't miss him as he's running by your side.
~

His stature may be mini, but his shield is still massive and more than happy to show those trying to squish him who's boss!
~

And as for bestial wrath.... Before
~

and after! ~

Quake in terror as his size makes him a force to be reckoned with!

How to Find.
This little guy is currently tameable in Naxxramas via the encounter with Anub'Rekhan.
During the boss fight he will summon a Crypt guard.
Once you dispatch of these Anub'Rekhan will use their corpse to summon, you guessed it... Corpse Scarabs.
http://www.wowhead.com/npc=16698

** All sizes and attributes stay after taming, re-summoning, stabling and death.

Enjoy!

Last edited by SpiritBinder on Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:44 am, edited 4 times in total.

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Re: The Little Beetle That Could!

Unread post by Kalliope »

D'awwwww!!!!! He's SO CUTE! :D

Nice work! <3

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Dewclaw
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Lol, that's adorable.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

This guy is so cute! :) Interestingly he has a different base model to the majority of beetles in the game, despite the base appearance being the same as any grey beetle. Presumably the size and streaky running effect are tied to the model itself, which is why there's no worry about losing an effects buff.

Since they obviously want it to look like that for that fight the worst they could do is either:
(i) make it untameable or
(ii) make that model scale upon taming (but hopefully it'd keep the cool running effect)

Of note, the Nerub'ar Swarmer is the only other beast that shares this model (there is another undead one). Wowhead doesn't list it as tameable, but that doesn't mean it isn't. Unfortunately I can't work out how to get it to spawn.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Nubhorns
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: WrA

Unread post by Nubhorns »

That is...disgustingly adorable. I have to have one! D:

Unfortunately I don't think I could get a Naxx group. I'll go check out the Nerub'ar Swarmer Wain mentioned and get back to you guys if I find anything out. :)

Edit: Verdict is in!

It took a bit of waiting*, but this is what I got:
:(
:(
WoWScrnShot_032811_092220.jpg (212.26 KiB) Viewed 5210 times
So to all you would-be hopefuls looking to skip a Naxx run for an adorable little beetle, it's a no-go. The swarmers are not tameable and guards will kill them pretty much instantly anyway, as the screenshot shows. :P

*The web-lords will rarely turn the webbed victims into 'Infested Victims' which die after a few seconds, spawning 6 or so of these little(not really) guys.

|| deviantART || armory || magistream ||

Endlessagony
Realm: black dragonflight

Unread post by Endlessagony »

I got them to spawn. :) you have to wait until a Nerub'ar Web Lord pats into an npc on their own. I did this my freeze traping a Web Lord until right before a horde npc came along. When they fight the Web Lord turns them into an Infested Victim. Unfortunately the Neru'bar Swarmers are not tamable but it was fun figuring out how to do it :)

You beat me to it!! lol
Dolias
Realm: Thrall

Unread post by Dolias »

thats a hard body find right there
The Lone Hunter
Kalhoun
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Ghostlands (H) & Kirin Tor (A)

Unread post by Kalhoun »

Oh..... my..... god.

I wonder if I can arrange a run of Naxx with a couple of friends. Getting to that boss is simple enough. :D
Loki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Loki »

If you are 85 you can 2 man it. Me and a friend went there and he tanked the boss while I killed the add and tamed the beetle. He looks tiny, and awesome :) Very nice find.

Avatar made by the awesome LupisDarkmoon. Tameable giraffes please!

Pets Wishlist:
Goats
Yaks
Shoveltusks
Stags
Talbuks/Gazelles
Giraffes!

WoD and Legion best expansions! 6 down, 1 to go!

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Awesome.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Pawtrack
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Venture co., Duskwood, Hydraxis, Draka

Unread post by Pawtrack »

That... is... the most amazing discovery ever... :D It's adorable!

Death leads to life
Life leads to death

Siela

Unread post by Siela »

This is now my most favorite pet in the game. I named mine Leetle, and my friend named his Juice (off of Beetlejuice ;P ).

Someone told me it makes no sense at all having the little guy tank things, but I think it makes just as much sense as a gnome warrior! :lol:
Endlessagony
Realm: black dragonflight

Unread post by Endlessagony »

Just soloed the tame.
1.Grab a trash bear pet right outside naxx and spec it to full survivability

2.Send the pet on the boss and wait for the Crypt Guard to spawn healing your pet the whole time.

3.When it spawns MD the Crypt Guard to the bear and pop BW and last stand on the bear as well as have the bear attack the Crypt guard.

4.Focus fire down the Crypt Guard and wait for Anub to spawn the Corpse Scarabs. (If you pull off taunt with the bear or feign death)

5.drop the bear, pop deterrence, and tame quick

I died after the tame but now I have a widdle Corpse Scarab

Also Anub may not spawn the Corpse Scarabs if another add comes out i just feign death and tried again.
Livio
Realm: Hyjal

Unread post by Livio »

As soon as I saw this I logged in and got a friend to group with me so I could get in there. It took a few attempts, but once I got it down I managed to successfully solo tame one! I love it... such an awesome find!:)
Livio
Realm: Hyjal

Unread post by Livio »

Oh, yeah, named mine Squirt... just seemed fitting.
Griffley
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Outland - EU

Unread post by Griffley »

Totally getting one tomorrow. good job :-)
Kirrandria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Kirrandria »

Here's hoping it stays tiny and epic FOREVER! Pleasepleaseplease. At least people won't complain about giant pets :D Just tamed one of these and it's -amazing-
SgtMakkie
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Twisting Nether EU, Bloodhoof EU

Unread post by SgtMakkie »

Got myself one, totally crazy about the little fellow. Decided to try and tame the little guy solo and after missing him with 1.5 seconds on the tame I finally managed it. Awesome find tyvm :)

SgtMakkie

Sig by Kamoodle

A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.

Everything in moderation. Even moderation.

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Aw, how very cute. ^_^

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Fafnir
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Fafnir »

These are amazingly cute <_<

Anub refused to spawn scarabs from the first stalker for me though, ever. He would only spawn them near the end of the first insect swarm while killing the second stalker, but YMMV. My 85 turtle sort of has a tank build, and he still took a pretty thorough beating even through that.