Rare rare rare ...

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
Comett
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Aman'Thul

Rare rare rare ...

Unread post by Comett »

Some of you might remember/know of my TLPD camp? Well as evidenced in my sig, I was finally successful after about a month. :) But there's an awesome little story to follow!

A couple of weeks back, I met a hunter out there who was looking for Skoll. He seemed quite nice and I said I'd let him know if I found it. Time passed and yesterday a rogue said in general, "any BM hunters here?". I asked him if Skoll was up - it was - so I whispered my hunter acquaintance and the rogue and I watched him finally tame his Skoll. As I flew back to my TLPD spawn point, I jokingly thought "lol maybe I can get some good karma now". What would you know, not five minutes later, guess who my scan spots flapping across my path? :D! I think I almost had a heart attack, but for once my game wasn't laggy (it's laggy in Storm Peaks and Twilight Highlands for no apparent reason), I could hit my macro without a fault and Time Lost was finally mine!!! I call him Thyme. I'm besotted.

Anyhow, after that exciting incident, I sorta didn't know what to do with myself so I popped onto my dusty hunter alt to quest and have some fun. This morning, who should I chance upon but the lovely Aotona, flapping around alive and well and waiting to be tamed? n_n Aotona was one of the main reasons I even made the hunter alt lol, so she has completed my alt's Sholazar set. After I'd got to know my new birdie a bit I thought, as I'd just hit 77, I might as well waddle over to Zul'Drak and see if Gondria was up. Gondria was cached in my NPCscan so I used a common old targetting macro which did its job beautifully and I dropped down and tamed the lovely Gondria over at the Mammoth/slimey area.

So yes, not too bad a catch over the past few days! I have to admit I feel slightly lost in regards to "what to camp" next. Baby hunter will be snuffling after Skoll herself most likely in the future, and then she wants green Madexx and Terrorpene, but I've always had a pretty reasonable run of luck with "common" rares like those... they seem juvenile after the TLPD camp... but I suppose I shouldn't speak too soon XDD

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Re: Rare rare rare ...

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Many congratulations. ^_^

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Comett
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Comett »

Thanks so much ^_^

My goblin gives her pets human names, often old-fashioned ones. I'm thinking perhaps Sofia or Sophia for Gondria, and Gloria for Aotona? Hmm.

Loki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Loki »

Just look at Pent's ordeal and you'll see getting a specific Madexx color can be far from a "common" and "juvenile" rare camp. If you want another hard one maybe even try getting all 5 colors.

Avatar made by the awesome LupisDarkmoon. Tameable giraffes please!

Pets Wishlist:
Goats
Yaks
Shoveltusks
Stags
Talbuks/Gazelles
Giraffes!

WoD and Legion best expansions! 6 down, 1 to go!

Comett
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Comett »

Yeah, I totally didn't mean it as an insult. x_x

I've seen all five colours in the wild in reasonably short periods of time... I see them reasonably regularly via flybys. I've tamed a couple though was keeping green specifically for my alt. So yeah, perfectly personal experience but I also said I probably shouldn't speak too soon.

Thanks for your input.

Ralanost
Realm: Terokkar

Unread post by Ralanost »

I haven't seen a single Madexx. Not even the brown one. Only found one mysterious camel figure that turned to dust. No TLPD or Aeonaxx either. /sigh
Novikova
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

I named my Gondria Sofia. :D It is a most apt name! Sofias forever! I wish you lots of luck and congratulations.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Comett
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Comett »

@Rala: Yeah, I had pretty nice luck there for a while. I just random chanced upon my camel (I only put the "real" camel figurine into NPCscan, so when it went off I knew I'd got it). Aeonaxx was a tiny bit of camping, effective research and a huge lot of luck. TLPD though was hardcore camping and a long hard wait. :/ Plenty of Vyra kills and I missed TLPD twice when I was there, both times due to terrible luck... so yeah. As for Madexxes, I stopped camping them after I got my blue (who I didn't want originally but I'm not hideously attached to), and happened to stumble upon the rest over a period of time... they seem to spawn quite late at night on my server, reasonably consistently ^_^ I tamed a red but the rest I just left there cause I don't want any more than my original one apart from my Goblin when she's high enough who wants my original love, green.

@Novi: Thank you! ^_^ It's a very pretty name. I was fond on it for my original Gondria (on my main) but it didn't fit her. It suits Tezz and her Gondria perfectly though. Weird. All hail Sofias :D

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Congratulations on your lucky finds Whocat, your TLPD camping was above and beyond what allot of people are prepared to do, very well deserved :)

/cheer! :D

Oh you may have to update your signature too, I'm sure there is a little room in there somewhere for a tiny beetle ;)

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Comett
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Comett »

*hug* < 3