Rogue Leveling Build

AdamSavage
Illustrious Master Hunter

Rogue Leveling Build

Unread post by AdamSavage »

I'm just wondering if anyone is familiar with rogues. I'm sub right now but most of my damage comes from being behind the target. However it does have its perks. I'm looking for a good pvp sub build and for my dual spec I have not made up my mind what spec I'm going to pick. I do like daggers so I will be sticking to them for melee weapons. :)

Here is the armory link for my Rogue:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... har/simple
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Re: Rogue Leveling Build

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

I've been playing my rogue as sub and just BGing on her. So much fun. ^_^
But I won't say I'm the best or anything, and my knowledge of rogues tends to be slim to none. Sorry I can't be a greater help. XD

Shadowstep is such an awesome ability. And I have my rogue pretty twinked out with ironman too. XD Give her a healer and I tear through people.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
AdamSavage

I can take out a dk usually, the ones I still have trouble with are frost dk, shadow priest and pally. The shadow priest just messes me up as well as the frost DK. Hunters ironically are the easiest to take out.
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Yeah, my rogue is still in the 20s brackets, I've been lazy about playing her. So unfortunately I can't offer a lot of advice. :(

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Geirrhilde
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Geirrhilde »

I have leveled one Rogue to 85 and am in the midst of leveling a second (low level PVP is too much fun) when not leveling my hunter. I'm not overly skilled in PVP so I cannot help you much with your PVP questions but My advice if you want to keep using daggers, is to make your second spec Assassination. Mutilate spec has no facing requirements (though you want to be behind any target when dungeoneering regardless), and in PVE has fairly simple rotation. Much more in the way of specs, gear, poison usage can be found here. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1658707015

Hope this helps :)
Tydarus
Realm: Ghostlands

Unread post by Tydarus »

I have an 85 rogue as well and he's currently specced Assassination, but I mostly leveled him as Combat. I think you're fine with either, Assassination probably does a bit more damage, but finding weapons for Combat is just so much easier as there just aren't that many daggers in the 10-60 level range. Plus, leveling as Combat gets you Blade Flurry which lets you take on 2 mobs at once, and you get access to the Improved Recuperate talent which is just badass for leveling. Also Killing Spree = win.

I'd recommend looking here for all the info you could want: http://wow.joystiq.com/2010/12/08/encry ... #continued

Hope this helps!
Finick from the Petopians Guild

Tydarus' Stables
AdamSavage

I dunno If I plan to do any raids with my rogue, I know I wanted to be a pvp rogue. One annoying thing about sub is the positioning requirements for back stab which is the hardest hitting non finishing move attack I do have a duel spec so I'm going to try combat and see what I think of it.

Dr. Who Video!

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

AdamSavage wrote:I dunno If I plan to do any raids with my rogue, I know I wanted to be a pvp rogue. One annoying thing about sub is the positioning requirements for back stab which is the hardest hitting non finishing move attack I do have a duel spec so I'm going to try combat and see what I think of it.
The requirements for sub are why my bf hates using it for PvP, however, it has far more mobility than Assassination right now which is what keeps sub over mut, I believe. The key to sub in PvP is getting your teammates to keep your enemies distracted while you hit them from behind. Not perfect, I know, especially in PuG BGs, or you could always try combat or mut and see how you like them better.

[/center]