WHY???? Q.Q (edit: GOT HIM)

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
Pawtrack
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Venture co., Duskwood, Hydraxis, Draka

Re: WHY???? Q.Q (apparently now the random thread of randomn

Unread post by Pawtrack »

Guess what? I found skoll!!!!

But now I shall share the nervewracking story of how I found him.

I went over to storm peaks after having the feeling I should check for skoll while grinding on mobs to level up in skinning. A quick flight over and I was in K3. I mounted up, flying past the disk spawn point. Nothing. Oh, look who's here, Dirkee! 20g, 20 frostweave, some crystalized water and a nice blue and I went on my way. Flew up past the lake, nothing. Then, flying up the pass towards his northernmost spawnpoint. Yellow dot on minimap. Oh my god. Is it really him? Yellow dot = Skoll.... yes? No... It can't be... but IT'S HIM OH MY GODDDDDDDD. I see the beautiful wolf patroling around below me. But.... "NO NO NO NO NOOOOO" I yell aloud. My mom asks what? "SHE'S KILLING ITTTTTT!!!!" Oh god... trembling, fearing skoll will die. The alliance warlock is 80, she and Skoll are both down to half health. I'm on a PvP realm. Panic, spam arcane shot. She's dead. But, more importantly, SKOLL'S ALIVE. Skoll runs back, resets, he's at full health. I run over as fast as posible, don't remember to lay down a trap. Tame. Aggro a Jormungar, but Skoll turns green and attacks it. Jormungar is dead, the alliance is back. /sorry! She tries to kill the tamed skoll, I let her kill me. I feel so bad for killing her.... but... I've been looking for this rare for at least 6 weeks... and I didn't want to see him dead in front of me again. Still trembeling some. That was the most stressfull tame I have EVER done.

I.... just... oh my god. I'll make an alliance and send an appology to the alliance soon.

But now I want a TLPD to ride on.... >.>

Death leads to life
Life leads to death

Pawtrack
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Oh, and I'll get some screenshots soon. I was too paniced to take any.

Death leads to life
Life leads to death

Royi

Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Royi »

dont feel bad about it. granted yeah first come first serve, but you got to tame her :)

the alliance only would have gotten 30-40g out of the ordeal (including the item). you have a lifelong friend now that you've drooled over for a long time
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
Foru21dr
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Tanaris (Alliance) Nessingwary (Horde)

Re: WHY???? Q.Q (edit: GOT HIM)

Unread post by Foru21dr »

It's a pvp realm... prime for the picking.... She died... you got...
Nesingwary Petopians - Bitka, Quïll Xendral, Ximbol, Saehi, and Tryxter
Nesingwary Petopian Alliance - Sorree and Xylda

http://dragcave.net/user/foru21dr My Cave
Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Cenarion Circle (US-Alliance)

Unread post by Cialbi »

Grats! And yes, same sentiment here; you don't apologize for killing someone on a PvP realm if you want what they're after. If they get offended by that, then they picked the wrong realm. First come first serve doesn't apply to PvP realms any more than it applies to the Gurubashi Arena trinkets.
Last edited by Cialbi on Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AKA Nazthandol, in <Petopians> (US)

Cute doesn't need an explanation.
_____

Avatar by LupisDarkmoon, and image caption by Kurasu. Thanks!

Chimera
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

even tho she got there first i still cant believe she'd kill him in this day and age where you can grab a grey item and its worth like 3g.. he isnt tied to an acheivment so it still confuses me as to why people kill such rares other then the fact that it is a rare. Glad your on a PvP server so you could save him!!

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Miraga
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin

Unread post by Miraga »

I wouldn't feel bad at all. PvP server and they were just killing the poor guy anyway. Now he has a home with someone who REALLY wanted him! Congrats!!!!
Pawtrack
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

...And... test run of NPC_Scan. Vyragosa... darn. And forgot to get a screenshot before the idiot me killed and skinned her (don't worry, I said something and general, not that there was anyone on to care about seeing the corpse). Ah well. I'll be back in a few hours, just you see!

Attachments
Vyragosa.jpg
Vyragosa.jpg (58.14 KiB) Viewed 2404 times

Death leads to life
Life leads to death

Chimera

Unread post by Chimera »

Hahaaaaa lol at least you killed her before the guy killed you :lol:

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

I'm gonna go against the grain here.

It may be I'm on a RP server. Maybe I'm not a religious, die hard, cultisty hunter. Maybe I'm in the wrong.

But in my belief, I think you should apologize, because in my eyes, that's not right. I am a believer in first come first serve. The warlock was there first, and she had every right to do what she wanted with the rare. It still drops things. It may be small and worthless, but she still got there first. And you went in, killed her, tamed the rare.

Maybe it's not a serious offense to you. In fact, I think a lot of people will say I'm wrong, and you were every inch in the right. But frankly, I think that was mean to that warlock. In my eyes, you're like that dwarf that once killed my King Krush underneath me. I had it tagged, he would've gotten nothing out of it. And he went, "Lol. I are mad I don't get it, killing tiem!" and he went and killed it.

So yeah. I think you should apologize.

But, grats. Carry on. Enjoy your Skoll.
Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Unread post by Sasrei »

I say grats on your skoll, I mean really id rather see Skoll find a good home, then someone try to sell of the useless blue that basically is just vendored. I mean if you had emoted him to stop, I doubt he would have, he would have killed skoll, then killed you. So either way you were going to do but atleast skoll got a nice home instead of being some corpse.

And Azunara.. actually.. it would be more like the lock is the dwarf cause the lock was trying to kill it while he wanted to tame it, its a huge difference between killing a guy who tagged a a rare you want to tame, then someone just killing it for kicks and to be mean.. atleast thats my opinion anyways.

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Cenarion Circle (US-Alliance)

Unread post by Cialbi »

Azunara wrote:I'm gonna go against the grain here.

It may be I'm on a RP server. Maybe I'm not a religious, die hard, cultisty hunter. Maybe I'm in the wrong.

But in my belief, I think you should apologize, because in my eyes, that's not right. I am a believer in first come first serve. The warlock was there first, and she had every right to do what she wanted with the rare. It still drops things. It may be small and worthless, but she still got there first. And you went in, killed her, tamed the rare.

Maybe it's not a serious offense to you. In fact, I think a lot of people will say I'm wrong, and you were every inch in the right. But frankly, I think that was mean to that warlock. In my eyes, you're like that dwarf that once killed my King Krush underneath me. I had it tagged, he would've gotten nothing out of it. And he went, "Lol. I are mad I don't get it, killing tiem!" and he went and killed it.

So yeah. I think you should apologize.

But, grats. Carry on. Enjoy your Skoll.
If we both are in the Cape of Stranglethorn, and hear Short John Mithril's announcement, and both go to the Gurubashi Arena, are you honestly just going to let me take the trinket just because I got there first? I entered teh Gugubashi Arena willingly, and the whole idea behind that event is a fight to the death over the treasure chest. The way I see it, any encounters with players of the opposite faction in a PvP realm go by the same rules as the Gurubashi Arena - to the victor goes the spoils. What Pawtrack did was completely keeping with the spirit of PvP in this game; she killed a member of the opposite faction, and was nice enough to not kill that player a second time when the player was foolish enough to attack her.

Besides, I really think that killing a tame out from under someone is completely different from killing someone (in PvP) and then claiming their tame/kill for themselves. In the former, you have the beast tagged; in the latter, you lose your tag because you died, and thus are forced to forfeit your right to the loot from that beast. Pawtrack wasn't killing the player through shady BS like pulling aggressive mobs on top of the other player; she killed a player of the opposite faction in a realm specifically designed to not only allow for but foster interfaction strife in the game world.
AKA Nazthandol, in <Petopians> (US)

Cute doesn't need an explanation.
_____

Avatar by LupisDarkmoon, and image caption by Kurasu. Thanks!

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

My point is, the lock got there first. How was the lock supposed to know some hunter would want to tame it? No one is in Northrend these days, they're in Cata content or leveling alts or camping TLPD. How do we know the lock was killing it for kicks? As far as I am aware, from the story I read, the lock got there first.

If Paw had actively been taming it and the lock started killing, sure I'd be against it. But I also think First Come, First Serve does tend to apply to things.

Also, if we're applying that rule, then okay. Next post that ever crops up about, "Oh noes! I was on a PvP realm and some other hunter came in and killed me and took my pet and now I'm sad." I'll say, "Ah well. You're on a PvP server. SoL. Oh well. Sucks to be you." Cause that's the kind of message I'm getting.

*shrugs.*
Chimera

Unread post by Chimera »

Azu, im exactly like you in your case with Krush with a little tweak in the story. I held down Arcturis for 15 minutes when a human warlock (why is it always warlocks..) flew down and i ignored him because hey, i had him tagged, why would he kill it, he wont gain anything from it. Then all of a sudden he starts critting shadow bolts on him for like a quarter of Arcturis's health and in 3 1/2 (he didnt have as much health as the shadowbolts damage so it was an overkill) shots the bear was dead.

He /cackled, mounted, ran circles around me and flew off. I wont kill another player if they're trying to tame or hold the beast down (not that i can anyways, im on 2 RP servers too). People like us get very few breaks and those we do get are very far inbetween. No one cares how badly you want it, how long you've camped it, or if you have it tagged.

So i say, if someones killing a beast you want to tame and you can do something about it, go for it. They wont show you mercy, why should you? Why should you show mercy to someone who doesnt care about your story? Show mercy to those that show mercy back. Dont waste it on people like that warlock and the warlock i had faced off with.

I was there first, i had tagged him first. The lock came down after, just like how Paw came down after the lock had already tagged Skoll and Paw killed the lock. My enemy killed the bear. 98% of a server does not follow the rules of curtousy regardless of the situation.

Pawtrack
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

I think I managed to type out a hasty /no, with no response, before killing the Lock. I don't really remember, though :\ Either way, I will be apologizing, once I scrounge up a few more gold on this alliance alt. Although, technically she had it tagged, so I suppose I was probably in the wrong. Hopefully she will get my letter and forgive me. I just didn't want to be so close to getting Skoll and lose him again... :?

Death leads to life
Life leads to death

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Pawtrack wrote:I think I managed to type out a hasty /no, with no response, before killing the Lock. I don't really remember, though :\ Either way, I will be apologizing, once I scrounge up a few more gold on this alliance alt. Although, technically she had it tagged, so I suppose I was probably in the wrong. Hopefully she will get my letter and forgive me. I just didn't want to be so close to getting Skoll and lose him again... :?
*smacks with rolled up newspaper* Bad....bad paw. You dont need to apologize. You're on a PVP server. It's no holds barred on servers like that. She had something you wanted. You fought with your heart to get it. You did nothing wrong.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Chimera

Unread post by Chimera »

Yea... theres lots of people (i know it first hand.. which is why i'll never touch a pvp server again) that people will outright kill someone just because they can. Skoll or not its just like one of those incidents where someone kills another cause they are able to, Skoll just happened to be in the conflict-- it could of been a herb or a deposit or a random monster like a quest target or absolutely nothing at all and they were just taking a break to do something :]

Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

While an apology may not be strictly needed, it is a nice thing to do. :) *snugs Paw*
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

Comett
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by Comett »

It's nice of you to apologise, but just keep in mind that the Warlock is probably a 13yo boy who is of the belief of "opposite faction are scum" and will go off at you. Alternatively they might be really nice and not mind (but trying to kill you afterwards doesn't lead me to that impression lol).

In perfect honesty - if I were on a PVP realm, and someone was killing a tamable that I'd been tracking for a long while, yeah, I'd do everything in my power to interrupt the kill. Tame? Not at all, if a Hordie was taming I'd cheer and let them go ahead - because I personally see more value on a beast getting tamed as a beast getting killed. If it was an achievement rare I'd probably ask to either share the achieve kill or if I really wanted it, try and pay them out. But as far as I think, non-achieve rare, no-good-loot kill, hunter pet wins over dead pixels :)

Pawtrack
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Comett wrote:It's nice of you to apologise, but just keep in mind that the Warlock is probably a 13yo boy who is of the belief of "opposite faction are scum" and will go off at you. Alternatively they might be really nice and not mind (but trying to kill you afterwards doesn't lead me to that impression lol).

In perfect honesty - if I were on a PVP realm, and someone was killing a tamable that I'd been tracking for a long while, yeah, I'd do everything in my power to interrupt the kill. Tame? Not at all, if a Hordie was taming I'd cheer and let them go ahead - because I personally see more value on a beast getting tamed as a beast getting killed. If it was an achievement rare I'd probably ask to either share the achieve kill or if I really wanted it, try and pay them out. But as far as I think, non-achieve rare, no-good-loot kill, hunter pet wins over dead pixels :)
Yeah, I'm hoping the warlock will accept my apology. And yeah, killing a rare is one thing, taming it is another... would never kill someone taming a rare. That's just evil.

Death leads to life
Life leads to death