New vs. Old wailing Caverns

Read-only since Patch 4.1 is now live.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Re: New vs. Old wailing Caverns

Unread post by cowmuflage »

It would be a topic on the vanilla ones not the new ones.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Either or works.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

I greatly approve of this. Sure, it's less fun, but after getting lost in there too many times to count with a bunch of idiots I've tired of the maze.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Saturo wrote:I greatly approve of this. Sure, it's less fun, but after getting lost in there too many times to count with a bunch of idiots I've tired of the maze.
^ This x 100

LisaaraPokefarm

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Saturo wrote:I greatly approve of this. Sure, it's less fun, but after getting lost in there too many times to count with a bunch of idiots I've tired of the maze.
I was beginning to think I was the only one who felt this way. :)
Not to mention, something people forget is that fun is a subjective term. I don't have fun getting lost in WC. :)

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

TygerDarkstorm wrote:
I was beginning to think I was the only one who felt this way. :)
Not to mention, something people forget is that fun is a subjective term. I don't have fun getting lost in WC. :)
Me neither......and listening to the many sexual puns made about the bosses.....by morons that think they're clever and original.

LisaaraPokefarm

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Jessibelle wrote:.....and listening to the many sexual puns made about the bosses.....by morons that think they're clever and original.
Sexual Puns? wth...
Jessibelle wrote: and whats Arugal Sexual Puns got to do with Wailing Caverns exactly? o.o;

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Spiritbinder wrote:
Jessibelle wrote:.....and listening to the many sexual puns made about the bosses.....by morons that think they're clever and original.
Sexual Puns? wth...
Jessibelle wrote: and whats Arugal Sexual Puns got to do with Wailing Caverns exactly? o.o;
All the bosses are named after serpents. Thats got quite a lot to do with Wailing Caverns....and the things I've heard while running in circles in Wailing Caverns with derpy groups.

LisaaraPokefarm

evil950510
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Alleria

Unread post by evil950510 »

But none of the bosses are being removed, so how is that going to stop people from making sexual puns? Just because they’re shorting WC it is not going to stop "derpy groups" from making jokes. The point is Blizzard is trying to simplify the game. The first time I went into St after Cata my first thought was "did I just show up in the middle of failed group?" Then I looked around and saw the portal behind me and realized that blizzard had changed it. I didn't think ST needed a change and after running it feels less epic. It’s become very straightforward and forgettable now.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

evil950510 wrote:But none of the bosses are being removed, so how is that going to stop people from making sexual puns? Just because they’re shorting WC it is not going to stop "derpy groups" from making jokes. The point is Blizzard is trying to simplify the game. The first time I went into St after Cata my first thought was "did I just show up in the middle of failed group?" Then I looked around and saw the portal behind me and realized that blizzard had changed it. I didn't think ST needed a change and after running it feels less epic. It’s become very straightforward and forgettable now.
I never implied they were? Where did you see that exactly? O_o;

I just said I wont have to be stuck in a dungeon with people bored enough to make puns while we're lost in the maze.

LisaaraPokefarm

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master

Off topic but relevant to current discussion.

Just curious, how many times, do you run WC per week, and of all those runs, how many groups have been "lost" within it's design, and within those groups how many groups have been derpy? And of all those runs each week, where you are lost, with derpy people, do they then start making sexual puns about the bosses?

As I/you said before

Is there anyone here who has had this overwhelming problem? I would be quite interested if this is a common occurrence as I for one have never some across this problem myself...

..or it it's simply an old odd grudge or prior bad personal experience within the instance that for some reason has added to this discussion for a strange need of negative comradely, I'm not sure.

On Topic

Things generally seem to be getting more and more stream lined in wow all the time, and this comes with it's pro's and cons. While it does seem to lose it's sense of epic achievement on it's current completion due to the shear size of it, I'm happy for them to stream line it a little. It's current size is one of the larger still left in wow at the moment, and as its' a low level dungeon, I don't see it as being too bad that they are a little smaller as people are still learning their toon alot at the instances current intended lvl
Last edited by SpiritBinder on Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

­
­
­
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Spiritbinder wrote:Off topic but relevant to current discussion.

Just curious, how many times, do you run WC per week, and of all those runs, how many groups have been "lost" within it's design, and within those groups how many groups have been derpy? And of all those runs each week, where you are lost, with derpy people, do they then start making sexual puns about the bosses?

As I/you said before

Is there anyone here who has had this overwhelming problem? I would be quite interested if this is a common occurrence as I for one have never some across this problem myself...

..or it it's simply an old odd grudge or prior bad personal experience within the instance that for some reason has added to this discussion for a strange need of negative comradely, I'm not sure.
Ah lets just say on my lowbies I play when they end up getting WC.....in ratio its 7/10 times people get lots.....2/10 people just go "AW FUCK THIS!" and leave. 1/10 people know how to navigate it.

As for puns, it's 5/10 times that the puns erupt. But then again, I get made fun of for being on Moon Guard too so it seems to stem from there.

Why are you in such disbelief that the maze made people confused?

LisaaraPokefarm

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master

Jessibelle wrote: Why are you in such disbelief that the maze made people confused?
Jessibelle wrote: I never implied they were? Where did you see that exactly? O_o;

This is my original post
V

Spiritbinder wrote:
Sexual Puns? wth...

­
­
­
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

*is really confused* XD

But yes....people did make sexual comments. I wont say em here tho.

LisaaraPokefarm

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master

I already noted that, and your seemed to already be conjunction with the same sentiments by previously stating.. ..

...in regards to trying to keep the orriginal topic on track.

So again, what do "sexual comments" have to do with the original topic... and why would we want to hear them, no one asked to hear them did they?

I agree though, you do seem to be "really confused"...

­
­
­
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I'm sorry they're removing the maze section in its entirety. I liked the look of it. I hoped they'd just engineer a few cave-ins and rock-falls to make it a simple circuit, though.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
evil950510
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Lady Anacondra
Lord Cobrahn
Kresh
Lord Pythas
Skum
Lord Serpentis
Verdan the Everliving
Mutanus the Devourer

These are the bosses of WC. I can't think of how people are turning thier names in to sexual puns. Well Skum maybe.
evil950510
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Well this also brings up a new topic. Should Blizzard go back and redesign more of the old school dungeons? Do you think they should remove or add ares to dungeons? Should Blizzard make them more like Stockades or Sethekk Halls with all the rooms and bosses in a linear pattern?
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

I don't think everything needs to be in a straight line type of thing. Admittedly, Stockades can be pretty boring, but on the other hand, getting lost in a maze-like instance with a bunch of people you don't know sucks too, especially if they're less than pleasant/capable. Just my opinion, of course. :)

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

I wouldn't really want straight-line kind of dungeons. I mean, I absolutely HATED ToC, but I also wouldn't want something like BrD or old WC.

What I feel is the most annoying though is optional bosses. I don't like them. When I need something from them they get skipped, when I don't need anything (and nobody else does either, ofc) the group insists on doing a full clear, even if we end up wasting a lot of time because the healer can't understand tactics like ''Don't stand in the dragon's pink mouth-fire'' (draka). Such a horrible waste of time, or such a horrible PITA when you need something from them.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.