New Kitty

Kira
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers

New Kitty

Unread post by Kira »

It was hard to lose Xiara, she had been with me since I had begun my journey's here in Azeroth as a hunter. The spectral cat that I had come to love was as unique as one could imagine, and the stories I could tell...but they're much too painful for me to speak of, and will be for some time.

When I saw her fade more and more I knew that it would only be time, and it seemed that she and my other companions knew as well. We spent a good deal of time together, cuddled up at night with the rest of my hunter family gathered round. One day I could barely see her, and I knew that it was time. I flew to the Basin, her favourite place to be and walked with her until she let out a groan and stopped. It took over an hour for her to leave completely, her spectral body unable to keep her spirit for any longer.

I stayed in that spot for a very long time, mourning my oldest friend. I knew the danger of being alone in such a place, the stories of monstrous lizards and Sabre’s with fangs as long as my arm, but I didn’t care. I was too caught in my emotions to think clearly, I almost wished that one of them would come to finish me off, it would reunite me with my Xiara. It was for this reason that I didn’t even notice the soft padding of paws behind me until a head butted my shoulder, which gave me enough of a start to jump, promptly landing on my tail as my feet flew out from under me.

The nudge was hardly the biggest surprise, as two amazingly blue eyes stared back into mine. My breath caught, my body freezing up as I realized who I had been nudged by. It was Loque'nahak, the mate of Har’koa. I had heard stories of how he was here in the Basin, but I could not have believed I would ever meet him. His head seemed to tilt as he moved closer and he only stopped when his nose was nearly touched to mine. I could feel my heart racing as he opened his mouth, I was sure he was going to roar at me, at the very least, but instead I felt a tongue against my cheek, the tears that had been there gone.

My feeling began to return to my limbs after the lick and I was torn with what to do. Loque'nahak backed away from me enough so that I could stand if I wished, but instead I kneeled. I held out my hand, palm toward the feline that could easily kill me. He tilted his head before putting it down enough to rest his chin against my fingers, which prompted me to scratch it. I could feel the bond flowing between us and I could not help the huge smile that had taken over my face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wow, that was longer that I planned it to be. Now that I got that out of my system, I need you're help guys. As is obvious from reading that, I have recently tamed myself Loque. Several days of randomly flying around the Basin, knowing that there was another BM hunter out there looking just as I was for him. Flying past the south west spawnpoint past the mosslight pillar and spamming my macro and BOOM 'Loque'nahak' sent to me in a tell from myself. Landed and dismounted from my flying mount, which isn't epic (another reason I figured I'd Never get him), and switch Sunki out for Xiara, abandon my baby girl (did actually cry) and then trap, shoot, and tame beast. 20 seconds later and he is Mine.

Me and my new boy

Dragon Cave

Please help my Pokemon hatch

Deviant Art, enjoy!

Awesome Avi done by Moonlost!
Equally Awesome Siggy by Kamalia.
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Re: New Kitty

Unread post by Teigan »

Grats on taming Loque. He's such a beauty. What kind of cat was Xiara, though? Ghostsaber?
Kira

Unread post by Kira »

Yes, she was. I had a friend help me hunt her down when I hit the right level to tame her. Said friend ended up killing the first ghost that spawned but I got the second. And thank you, that cat was the main reason I leveled my hunter.

Dragon Cave

Deviant Art, enjoy!

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Hmm, what kind of name are you looking for?

Anyway, my first suggestions...

Lanayru - Legend of Zelda reference, /cough. Loque reminds me of the Light Spirits in Twilight Princess, and Lanayru Province is guarded by one such Light Spirit.
Odin - See "Lanayru". Another province, this one sounds like a more masculine name.
Wisp - Simple enough. The blue glow makes me think of twisting, wispy smoke curling in the air.
Cloud - It's the spots. They say "cloud".
Susanoo - Japanese mythology - Incarnation of storms, ruler of the sea and storms.
Tsukuyomi - Japanese mythology - Incarnation of the moon.

Can't think today, I'm afraid.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Kira

Unread post by Kira »

Odin - See "Lanayru". Another province, this one sounds like a more masculine name.
Do like that name, but I think I'll save it for another dog. Seems more puppyish to me, I'm not sure why. Defniatly a keeper though.
Susanoo - Japanese mythology - Incarnation of storms, ruler of the sea and storms.
Get rid of one of the O's and it reminds me of Okami. All I see is a guy with a beard waving around a giant stick sword.

I think I'll use Tsukuyomi, it's pretty, plus it's Japanese and my two other male cats (Soshi and Sashiro) sound Japanese-ish. Thanks!

Dragon Cave

Deviant Art, enjoy!