Preferred Race

VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Quel'Dorei, Nessingwary
Location: Saturo's necromancy class. Karma = World's Worst Necromancer.

Preferred Race

Unread post by VelkynKarma »

Okay, so we all know we like playing hunters. Check.

What about races? There's ten races to choose from, but which one do you like the best, and why?

Me? I prefer Blood Elves. I know they're a source of a lot of disdain and/or mockery for a lot of people, but I really enjoy them. I've always loved elves, and the Blood Elves have an interesting history and culture. Plus, they have very amusing jokes and flirts ("You know what I love about your eyes? When I look deep enough...I can see my own reflection..." )

As a result I've got the most blood elves out of any other race--rogue, paladin and priest. :)

You guys?

~VelkynKarma

Silinrul and Jiaphyon of <Ominous Latin Name>

A big thanks to Vephriel for the awesome signature :)

Help my Dragons

Kamalia
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Kael'Thas, Nesingwary

Re: Preferred Race

Unread post by Kamalia »

Hmm.
I would probably have to say I like the Tauren best. I love their backstory, and the fact they are a quiet, peaceful, and respectful race with close family ties, and yet are feared hunters and warriors. Their starting zone is absolutely beautiful, as well as Thunder Bluff. The only thing I find irritating is the fact that they cannot fit through doorways while mounted. The fact that my druid, Clover, has a Venomhide Ravasaur (AKA one of the biggest mounts for a tauren) doesn't help either. :lol:
My other favorites are Undead, Draenei, and Trolls.

Chibi-Jen signature done by Sat, all other sigs and avatar done by me.

Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

Goblins.

Explosive. Crafty. Cynical. Downright ribcracking with their humor.

And I like the look of them.

Edit: If not goblins, then I'd have to say gnomes.
Last edited by Ryno on Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Well they ain't playable yet but I guess that counts XD

~VelkynKarma

Help my Dragons

Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

I tend to like Blood Elves due to their lore and the Farstriders. However, I also like Tauren since they're natural born Hunters.

However, overall I prefer Blood Elves.

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Jadvya
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard US

Unread post by Jadvya »

Draenei, for sure. I love their general good nature, their drive, their design and biology, their architecture, I like the sci-fi flavor about them. My second favorite would be Tauren, since their culture and nobility is pretty awesome and Thunder Bluff is my favorite Horde city... the fact that I have a Thunder Bluff Warstompers shirt doesn't hurt either. :D
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Well, I play Horde exclusively (*coughs* Yeah, poster girl for the Horde. I'm the girl with the battle-axe. ;) ), so out of the 5 races I honestly have to say I like them all. :)

My main is a Blood Elf, and they're definitely up near the top. This sums up my feelings quite well:
VelkynKarma wrote:I prefer Blood Elves. I know they're a source of a lot of disdain and/or mockery for a lot of people, but I really enjoy them. I've always loved elves, and the Blood Elves have an interesting history and culture.
I don't care how many people hate them or say they're too 'pretty' for the Horde, if they actually paid attention to their backstory they're not the blonde barbies that everyone seems to think they are. Regardless I really enjoy their lore and characteristics. And come on, they're totally badass.

This is a commission I had done of Vephriel and Skorn. =)

Undead are my second favourite. I love the zombie race and the fact that their dance is metal and goth. Trolls are equally loved up with undead. So much awesomeness!

Tauren and Orcs share last place, but I still like them as well. :)
Nikrosnil
Haiku Master
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Nikrosnil »

Vephriel: Lol, that's you? Your hunter looks just like you! Now you just have to get a large black dinosaur pet in real life too! xD

Draenei are fascinating, Night Elves are very much wild and civilised at the same time, but my favourite race at the moment is the blood elf, it's fun to be a little bit evil and addicted to power. Plus, they're hawt. xD

When Cataclysm comes out though, It's Goblins all the way. Their whole attitude, Punkish Look and Skewed business sense make them my favourite, no doubt about it. When I make my goblin hunter the blood elf will end up as an alt.

Mozag
Realm: Several on EU.

Unread post by Mozag »

My favourite race is Troll, closely followed by Dwarves.

Trolls are so laid-back, cool and fun to play. The females are bt far the hottest in the game, and I want hair like theirs! They have the most interesting, and tragic lore of all the races, and though in personality they are nothing like me, I still feel an affinity with them.

Dwarves come second, and especially females. I love the way they look, and their hair. They have a great attitude to life and really fascinating lore as well. My husband says I'm most like a Dwarf with Orc undertones. Maybe that's why I like them so much!

However, my own Hunter is a Tauren. I didn't know anything about the lore or the races when I made him, but I'm not unhappy with the choice. Most pets look great next to him!
reynolds

Unread post by reynolds »

I like nelf best, shadowmeld is just too awesome in PVP. Defending a base stealthed with my stealthed pet :)
Tarjin
Realm: Cenarion Circle

Unread post by Tarjin »

My favorite race is definitely Tauren. I actually knew nothing about Warcraft before I rolled my main, a tauren shaman, but I liked the description of a peaceful, strong race that respects the earth. I wasn't disappointed, aside from the fact that I can't throw magic dust off the bluffs like the shaman in the original cinematic opening.

Tarjin is my primary hunter (I have 3 on my main server). She's a troll, but I admit I play here a lot like a naive tauren who talks funny. She stays in Thunder Bluff and is in a guild devoted to the Earthmother.
Jangalian
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Jangalian »

Dwarves, cause I'm basically a dwarven chick irl. XD No, I'm not that short, lol! I like how they have a good connection with animals (Wildhammer), how they use steampunk (Bronzebeard), the loud rough and tumble lifestyle (Dark Iron). Also, they're the only true redheaded race. Oh, and they use hammers, and I like that. Wish I could spec stormhammer...
( •_•) Many whelps!
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■) Handle it.
Nikrosnil
Haiku Master
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Nikrosnil »

Jangalian wrote:Also, they're the only true redheaded race.
Err, What about blood elves? Do you think that they dye their hair? xD

Arwyn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Arwyn »

For Alliance: Night Elf
For Horde :Tauren.

Night Elf because when I started WOW it was only them and dwarves that could be the hunter class and I loved the animation for the Night Elves.

Tauren because I just love how they look and their animation. (And also because a long long time ago they couldn't hardly ride any other faction mounts -the other races considered them to big for their puny mounts-so while leveling I would include the task of raising rep with Ogrimmar to get the Wolf Mount to mkae the game a little more interesting. And to show off the mount when I got it.)
VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Nikkrosnil wrote:
Jangalian wrote:Also, they're the only true redheaded race.
Err, What about blood elves? Do you think that they dye their hair? xD

"So you mean I'm stuck with this hair color?!"

XD

~VelkynKarma

Help my Dragons

Koona
Realm: Uldaman

Unread post by Koona »

Night Elves, I like how they have a connection with nature and animals. Oh and...Shadowmeld is awesome... :)

Followed by Draenei :)

Kaïna <3

Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

I love blood elves because I think they look the coolest. I think I'll roll a Goblin hunter in Cat the idea of having a really small char and a really big pet seems fun :D
Dragonpuff
Haiku Master
Realm: Duskwood (US)
Location: On an undisclosed island that is being shredded by giant boss fights

Unread post by Dragonpuff »

I'd have to say Blood Elf is my favourite, mostly because of the rich lore behind them. And, thought I didn't like them much at first, Trolls have come up to be my second place. Those man Trolls are hot stuff, especially when they stand up straight. XD

Alliance side, I like Night Elves most, followed by Draenei.

Taz'dingu of the Petopians Guild, Nesingwary Server

Here there be Dragons (and Eggs)

Vespias
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Vespias »

Well, my main is my hunter...a very cute lady BElf (cause I got tired of looking at man-butts for so long while I played) and she's my fav. But to be fair I also have a taur druid, and undead mage, and a troll priest. Each has their own cool traits but I do love the jokes and flirting of the belfs.

Sarayana
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

Man, that's a hard choice... I love draenei, they're such a level-headed and noble race. Both Sarayana and my shammy are draenei. However, I'm thinking of race changing my shammy to a dwarf in Cata, I really like how stout and grounded they are.

Horde side, I definitely tend to love the tauren best. I think it's for the same reason I like the draenei... they are just gently, noble people.

That being said, I have toons of almost every race. I just really can't choose ;)

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3