How to petition a GM to get Spirit of Atha back?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
IRobertus

How to petition a GM to get Spirit of Atha back?

Unread post by IRobertus »

I was wondering if anyone had any advice on how I could petition a GM to get my Spirit of Atha. I tamed him way back and dont remember if I ever gave him a unique name. I know people have said they have had GM's give him back but I dont know if I need to ask for the pet ID or just by name.

Thanks!
Saturo

Re: How to petition a GM to get Spirit of Atha back?

Unread post by Saturo »

Hello.

I accidentally deleted my Spirit of Atha on *date*. I was wondering if it is possible to restore it?
Just asking for it is your best bet. Remember to specify the date you abandoned it at, or at least which time period it was.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Tyuriwen
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Terenas (EU)

Unread post by Tyuriwen »

It seems from looking at the different stories around the forums that it really depends on the GM you get.

I tamed my Spirit of Atha, Exedra, as soon as I found out about her, but let her go and regretted it after a while...long story short, once we got the 25 stables slots, I kind of started missing her...

Basically, I asked a GM whether I could still get the Reins of the Blue Drake from Malygos 10 man (there's been a lot of 'no only Random Oculus' which means it would be impossible for me to get), he said I could...when he/she asked 'can I be of any more help?' I said '...could you recover a pet for me I tamed about a year ago and is no longer untameable?'. They said sure, do you remember the name?Embarassingly, I could not, so he looked through the entire list of all the pets I've ever tamed ever (which, they said, and I quote, 'there was like a billion names', haha). A second later, he told me to log off so they could apply the change, and lo and behold, when I logged back in, Exedra was in my stables!

Others have not been so fortunate, but if you don't manage, try again just to be safe =) Hope that helped! x

Walk softly, and carry a big gun.

{My Pets|My Mounts}

Wark
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Earthen Ring-US

Unread post by Wark »

Best advice I've picked up from my readings around here: keep asking. If the first GM turns you down, ask the next one, and so on until you run into a GM who's not feeling cranky and lazy.
Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Unread post by Sasrei »

Just petition petition petition, one says no go for another one and keep going until someone gives it to you :)

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

As others have said, just write a polite ticket explaining the situation and provide as many details as you can. You can try a few times if the first GM does not wish to.

Do keep in mind though that if too much time has passed there is the possibility of them being unable to retrieve the information. I'm not entirely certain how it all works, but I know some people have been turned down since the GMs just couldn't find the data any more.
IRobertus

Trying now, 3 day wait time for ticket though!

Thanks for the advice.
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Good luck!!! I pray to the WoW gods that you get a kind GM who restores your hydra!! :hug:

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

irwinn
Realm: Boulderfist

Unread post by irwinn »

Tyuriwen wrote:It seems from looking at the different stories around the forums that it really depends on the GM you get.

I tamed my Spirit of Atha, Exedra, as soon as I found out about her, but let her go and regretted it after a while...long story short, once we got the 25 stables slots, I kind of started missing her...

Basically, I asked a GM whether I could still get the Reins of the Blue Drake from Malygos 10 man (there's been a lot of 'no only Random Oculus' which means it would be impossible for me to get), he said I could...when he/she asked 'can I be of any more help?' I said '...could you recover a pet for me I tamed about a year ago and is no longer untameable?'. They said sure, do you remember the name?Embarassingly, I could not, so he looked through the entire list of all the pets I've ever tamed ever (which, they said, and I quote, 'there was like a billion names', haha). A second later, he told me to log off so they could apply the change, and lo and behold, when I logged back in, Exedra was in my stables!

Others have not been so fortunate, but if you don't manage, try again just to be safe =) Hope that helped! x
^this is how i got my slimer back.

also... maly 10 does not drop the blue drake... it is only available through the random oculus and unobtainable after 81. Maly 10 & 25 drop the Azure drake which I can confirm since we got one last month duoing it with my ret pally friend. :)
IRobertus

Got a nice GM but he told me he wasnt able to see any pets before 07-31-2010. Don't know if it was just his system but I doubt it will happen. :(
Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

Off-topic, but Maly-10 drops the blue drake.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2237 ... ved-in-403
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

Tyuriwen
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Terenas (EU)

Unread post by Tyuriwen »

Haha yes, thank you Ziarre, I did get the clarification from the GM =)

And sorry to hear IR =(

Walk softly, and carry a big gun.

{My Pets|My Mounts}

irwinn
Realm: Boulderfist

Unread post by irwinn »

Ziarre wrote:Off-topic, but Maly-10 drops the blue drake.
Sorry but that blue post is simply not right... that change never made it to game. (it's from october of last year and there are many confirmed Azure drake drops in 10... including the one we got in march... and 0 Blue drake drops at all since the change to oculus)...

they never made that change... look it up & don't blindly take outdated blue posts as facts... look at wowhead comments or the warcraft mounts site if you DON'T believe me or the countless people who had in game GM's confirm that Blue drake is still as of 4.06 is still only obtainable from the cache of the ley guardian and most recently the satchel of exotic mysteries from 4.1 call to arms.

not trying to fight about it... just not fair to spread wong info...
nirvana
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Dalaran US

Unread post by nirvana »

Fathom is back! My sincerest thanks go out to the kind GM who restored him. I'd been poring over wolf models, undecided which to get (I'm not too fond of any of them) when I saw that Spirit of Atha was a member of the Hydra family. I knew they'd created the family, but I had no clue they had changed him from being a croc! This solved my dilemma of how to bring the 5% crit buff to my raid quite nicely :)