Petopians US - Interest in current content raiding.

Use this forum to chat about the various incarnations of the forum-based guilds.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.

Would you be interested in it?

Yes! I've raided before and would like to raid with this guild!
53%
Sure! I don't have any experience but I'll try anything! *winkwink*
41%
Meh. I don't want to raid with this guild. kkthxbai
6%
THIS GUILD NEED NO RAID!!! MOAR PET CAMPING!! ALSO BAGELS!!
No votes

Total votes: 32

Siliverin
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nazgrel, Nesingwary, Dalaran

Re: Petopians US - Interest in current content raiding.

Unread post by Siliverin »

i would def. love to do this, i have experiance in raiding, none of the cata stuff though. I would be able to bring sili, i could bring my healer but she isnt geared up for it yet.

On loot i feel honestly there is no right or wrong way, i have been in guild who use different systems, one i know for sure never worked out to well in the end was dkp cause any new member who could use the loot never got it cause of no dkp.

i know what always seemed to work is if something drops thats an upgrade need BUT if you win something and there is other stuff thats a upgrade but others havent won then greed, so kinda like what nugg said only unlimited greed xD
Sig by Kurenio!
Anansi wrote:But OJC is just Old Jumper Cliff, a cranky old crazy guy who hops around making grunting noises to scare away children and small animals. Not sure if he's tamable, probably not.
Siliverin
Credit to Seilahyn and Kurenio for the avatars
Aarynthalia
Realm: Runetotem-Bronzebeard-Nesingwary

Unread post by Aarynthalia »

*dusts off her gear* Havent seen Cata stuff, but I know a suprising amount. Ive been raiding on my priest as heals, since lvl 56 Vanilla style.
Carefull what you wish for, I only pull you outa the fire ONCE!
DKP for loots sucks butt, please dont impliment that.
Need/Greed rolls are honestly the best bet. You may also consider..
Hunter A, Hunter B, Hunter C
EPIC LOOTS!! x3 need rolls = Hunter A winning.
next hunter drop, Hunter A would have to wait and see if Hunter B or C NEED the item, before rolling for the greedy part.
Also, this guild seems pretty good on the whole "You need that? Oh yeah no is all good, you take it, its not that big an upgrade for me." -pass loots- :hug:
Fabulously perfect Siggy by the Lovely Serenith!!
Much <3 and THANK YOU!!
Demon
Realm: Veco/Sentinels/Arathor/Other

Unread post by Demon »

Ryno... I swear to god... I will find some way to transfer my 80's to Nessingwary, I will tank, heal, DPS, whatever's necessary..... just as soon as I get a fixed and viable income!

It'd just be easier to transfer my priest from Veco, and my druid from Sentinels... but I'd need to faction change my druid... But I'd have EVERY heirloom on my priest, cash, matts, gems.. god... you have no idea what it's like to be without a high end JC untill you're back at square one... Both druids are alch / herbalism... and Tank x Feral DPS (tank speccied, but able to give reasonable kitty DPS) or heals. Feral / Resto speccied.

And I could get that damn bone bow for my hunters >.>

Why is it impossible to find decent low end bows?

>.>
Liahna/Night/Ryun of <Petopians>
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

Aarynthalia wrote:DKP for loots sucks butt, please dont impliment that.
If I were to lead a raid group, I would definitely want a point system put in. Having a need/greed system where you pass on things if you won something is nice, but it will turn into drama down the road, I'm fairly certain.

Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Another loot system you might want to check out is Shroud, or a version of it. The main part of what my old guild did was give a point for being prepared and on time, a point for time committed in half hour increments, two points for time committed for new content, and a point for being present at the end of the raid. (New content was defined as a boss or major encounter beaten fewer than three times.) Bids on gear were either 10 points or half bids. No in between. If you had fewer than 21 points, you couldn't make a half bid. If everyone bid 10, or multiple people had the same half, there was a rolloff for the item. This system allowed for people who got waitlisted or who raided infrequently or who got rotated in to still build some dkp.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Zinagaro
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Zinagaro »

As you all in the guild may know, I have a Tank, a Hunter, and an upcoming Healer. I would love to do some raiding content with the guild. You can count on me if we do end up raiding. Back before I was on Nesingwary in Petopians, I was on Thrall in a raiding guild as their group 2 raid lead. Any and all experience and knowledge I would be more than happy to share with the guild to further progress us.

Edit: Clarity

- I Be Indestructible Mon! -

"One thing I've learned about idiots - they are utterly without shame." - Worba

Raederle
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Nesignwary

Unread post by Raederle »

If I ever get to lvl 85 I'd love to try raiding but at the rate I'm going it's going to be a long time before I get there. :(
What we choose to fight is so tiny!
What fights us is so great!
-- Rilke
sallysquish
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Eldre Thalas

Unread post by sallysquish »

I enjoy raiding and will have a prot pally (Nigori) up high enough in a few weeks. My only caveat is that a core raiding group can get kinda cliquish. It would be nice if we can figure out a way to give everyone a chance to raid as they level up. Maybe a core raid group and an open one? Also raids tend to create loot dramas so a clear loot policy would be much appreciated.
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

sallysquish wrote:a core raiding group can get kinda cliquish.
Yes, I've been a guild that had this going on. Wasn't fun. As for a solution to the problem, I was hoping having enough raid groups to fit everyone that wanted to go would work. We have a large supply of people, most with alts, and could hopefully get the teams to have different days so a few people with alts can fix up loose ends.

For the loot system, I posted earlier in the thread what I planned to do for that. Please note, while I would like to give a lot of freedom to the raid group leaders on how to run their group, I'd want to emphasize that having the same loot system in all groups would help a great deal.

Venataur
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Venataur »

I havent been on much lately but would love to take part in this.
Thraxas

Unread post by Thraxas »

Cheers with his pink tutu on..... Hey now!! Where's my friggin pom poms?? *eyes Ikutai*
Kurenio
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Ner'zhul

Unread post by Kurenio »

Would complete love to raid with you guys, but alas I'm another realm and faction from the guild I believe.

My Characters
Signatures thanks to the amazing Sookie,Kuraine,
Rongar, Serenith and Me!
"Follow my heart, Follow my head, I'll follow anything to get to her heart."
12 hunters and 10 other classes being leveled.

AdamSavage

Unread post by AdamSavage »

Same here, I'm pretty happy with my server and faction. Plus it would cost me $100 just to transfer all my toon and then more to faction change. I would have to bring all my toons, as they each have there own profession that I need. The horde side of wow never stuck with me either unfortunately.
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Thraxas

Unread post by Thraxas »

I will say this I would love to raid with you guys I think it would be great fun. My raiding experience is rather small (have done most of naxx, OS3D and that's about it.) I think it would be great fun and bah who cares about loot drama? I know it happens but hey we're all adults, right? As long as we're having fun that should be all that matters. :)