how to: Solo Razorgore

Nightsights
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Gilneas-US

how to: Solo Razorgore

Unread post by Nightsights »

i just made thunderfury on one of my alts. i had gotten the 10 elementium ingots for pretty cheap pre-Cata. my hunter has the left binding and i now need 10 more enchanted elementium bars. so i was thinking i wish i could solo Razorgore. went to wowhead and saw a few posts saying hunters and mages can solo Razorgore. did a youtube search. here's the details:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzfQ0Xkjg1I

no pet until after all the eggs are destroyed.

start in the middle of the room and shoot Razorgore, run over towards the mind control orb platform. just wait for adds.

once the adds start to spawn, jump on the ledge and disengage to the corner platform as seen in the video.

wait in the corner till the adds despawn/run away. you can tab spam and if you can only target Razorgore, the two guardsmen, and Grethok the Controller, then you're good.

jump down and kill the two guardsmen, but dont touch Grethok.

click the mc orb once (dont spam it) once you have Razorgore mc'ed attack Grethok to get aggro (but dont kill him), then start destroying eggs (should be button 4)

you will get one additional wave of adds. drop mc, make sure you have aggro on Razorgore and get back on the platform.

adds will despawn/run away. jump down, kill guardsmen, mc Razorgore, destroy eggs.

once all eggs are destroyed, you will automatically lose the mc on Razorgore. kill Grethok, call your pet, kill Razorgore.

i've only gone up to Firemaw for the elementium ingots, but flamegore and ebonroc should be easy.

Vaelestraz is a dps race, use rapid fire/readiness. both times i've soloed this he puts the death debuff on my pet, and my pet dies within 5 sec of killing him.

suppression rooms, use your pet to aggro, use disengage to get across quickly. dismiss pet and fd helps a lot.

Broodlord, stand against the gate and you wont get the slow debuff. keep your back to the wall, he does a knockback ability.

Firemaw, tank and spank.

when i tamed Chromaggus, i brought a corehound(the Beast) with me. Ancient Hysteria, dismiss or abandon pet. tame Chromaggus.
Fafnir
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Re: how to: Solo Razorgore

Unread post by Fafnir »

Interesting.

Tried it out, my version didn't quite happen like the guy in the video as the guardsmen respawned at that point in the instructions and Razorgore killed Grethok off by himself due to me being really terrible at jump-disengaging.

The boss didn't wig out when it was only me and him in the room though, which surprised me. The adds weren't spawning since the evades bugged them out, and it ended up being a success.

Soloing Nef was a pain and a half though. Broken bow = no MD, no multishot, no trap launcher :(
Nightsights
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

:/

yea, after raiding BWL back in vanilla, i always carry a back up bow in my backpack. i've actually had to use it recently, either forgetting to repair midway through the night or just shooting so much, since our bows loose dura just by shooting.

noticed your sig, how's frostwolf this expansion? i was in Harbingers of Lloth since sunwell. xferred after HoL broke up last fall.
Fafnir
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Fafnir »

I would have needed 5-6 bows to cover all the class calls he did, would have been np with timers but yeah right like I'd have those conveniently handy. Luckily my spirit beast was able to bounce threat on the adds using spirit mend. Too bad I kept pulling aggro with glyphed Raptor Strike and Mend Pet :|

Frostwolf is kind of anemic. The asian guild de jour (Astral, after its 15millionth name change) on Horde side absorbed 2nd Generation, though SiNS is apparently still around. I'm not too familiar with the Alliance side of things though.
Nightsights
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

i guess you would need to have a macro to unequip and re-equip your bow then.

at the end of wotlk some of HoL joined Shadows of the Horde, others joined 2nd Gen. i remember seeing Astral, Ebayed, Warfare, and a few others around Dalaran.
vanquished14
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Medivh

Unread post by vanquished14 »

Soloing Nef was a pain and a half though. Broken bow = no MD, no multishot, no trap launcher :(
Just use the Heirloom Bow. It doesn't do quite as much damage but has no durability and thus cannot be broken. I've been solo'ing this instance for Elementium Ingots for the past 5-6 weeks. Had one week where I actually got 8 ingots from one lockout. The past two I have only gotten one (once I got a second drop, it told me I couldn't loot it). There seems to be a system that maximizes the amount of ingots you can get per week--one post on WoWhead said it had something to do with how many goblins you have killed. I haven't gotten confirmation on this.

I only have trouble with Ebonroc and Chromaggus (sometimes). The prior you just keep damaging him and eventually you out-damage his heal (distracting shot can also make things easier if you use it correctly). Chromaggus is just a bit of luck--you want many amber essences so you're less likely to get enough debuffs to mind control yourself.

---but getting back to the thread topic, Razorgore is most definitely solo'able. Sometimes it takes a while to get everything perfect. I also suggest you put Distracting Shot on your action bars if it isn't already. If you Distracting Shot aggro boss from adds instead of getting aggro via damage, you have less a chance of him dying due to damage taken (boss death before egg death = insta-wipe). (for those wondering, you need boss aggro when you jump to platform to refresh his health bar).

Fafnir
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Fafnir »

vanquished14 wrote:
Just use the Heirloom Bow.
That would have made life so much easier 9_9 Forgot about those.