Best Uses for Devilsaur.

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
sargeaw
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Norgannon

Best Uses for Devilsaur.

Unread post by sargeaw »

As I explained in another thread today, I just got BM to 51 points and therefore decided to go out and get my first exotic. I now Have a Black Devilsaur named Louie :twisted: I like him alot so far. I was just wondering how you all implement your Devilsaur into your pet arsenal. PvP? Leveling? Questing? Dungeons? Heroics? Anyhow let me know what you like/dislike about these cool exotic lizards and how you like to use them to bring doom to your enemies. So Far after only 1 day I think Louie Rocks :headbang:
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Best Uses for Devilsaur.

Unread post by Vephriel »

Skorn is predominantly my DPS pet. I take him to heroics and raids (on the rare occasion that I do those). Devilsaurs are one of the best choices you can make as BM for top DPS, so his talents are built around that. He's great for soloing of course, but I usually stick to a Tenacity pet for levelling.
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

What Veph said. PvE and questing in situations where higher DPS is preferable. I'm usually Marks tough. But when I do play as BM, it's devilsaur all the way. With the occasional Jormungar. They are a bit too squishy for PvP tough, you're better off with a Silithid.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Mm hmm, I wouldn't recommend one for PvP. I don't really do much PvP, but they'd certainly be an easy target due to their size, and as Saturo said they don't have the best survivability in those situations.
Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

Vephriel wrote:Mm hmm, I wouldn't recommend one for PvP. I don't really do much PvP, but they'd certainly be an easy target due to their size, and as Saturo said they don't have the best survivability in those situations.
Well actually before the level change, pvp at 60 [AV really] with Devilsaurs was good, I had my pets manage to solo the occasional stupid war or DK who thought they should take down my pet. Ofc this is awhile ago, but still.

The second best would be a Chimera or Owl- as while Sithilids are decent snare pets the slow/snatch can usually be a life saver. Atleast at lower levels.

Saved me a few times from melee when all a sudden they have their weapon snatched- then are stunned. Then frozen.
Kroxis
Realm: Daggerspine -US

Unread post by Kroxis »

I use my devilsaur in dungeons and raids, and he is often my general questing pet. Since I quest in my pvp bm spec (and pets get the duel spec as well) He gets Heart of the phoenix and lick your wounds and he works real well for most quests (he gets spec pure dps in raid bm spec)

I switch to my sillithid for pvp and bring out my disembodied jormunger for soloing group quests.
sargeaw
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Norgannon

Unread post by sargeaw »

Thanks for the advice. I am having alot of fun stomping around hellfire ramparts and using Beastial Wrath on Louie while watching him tear up elites and bosses alike :)
Valinai
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Dentarg

Unread post by Valinai »

I <3 my devilsaur. I like running around with him in Stormwind. I usually get a few people stopping to check out the large, albino dino.

He's GREAT in dungeons. And Bestial Wrath + Dino = Awesome.

I've taken him once or twice into PvP situations, when I was mucking around with BM to see if I wanted a BM PvP spec. I just liked sending the big, red dino after the Hordies. Hehehehe!
dragontommie
Realm: azuremyst

Unread post by dragontommie »

well my green devsaur likes to go after alliance... :lol:

and here is my dragoncave
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

dragontommie wrote:well my green devsaur likes to go after alliance... :lol:
That sounds like excellent usage of a devilsaur.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.