The New 10 Rares (edited: for live)

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Re: The New Eight Rares

Unread post by Kalliope »

I think people are starting to get overly picky about what a "unique" skin is. Recolorings are still unique. They may seem "less unique" than Loque, who has his own model base, but they are just as unique in the most technical sense.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

MajorThor
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Arthas-US

Unread post by MajorThor »

Cialbi wrote: Oh, so these latest Spirit Beasts are not "unique in a skin that doesn't share any other with any other tamable mob in-game"? Really?
Pretty much yeah man. We got 2 new Gondrias and a Green Olm with sweet steamers when he flaps his wings. I'll more than likely get the Owl, but out of the 2 "new" (known) Cats that are going to be available.. I'm not impressed.

Hail Thor-show thy might. Let thunder roar and lightning strike!
Hurl thy hammer into the fray. And let thine enemies know fear this day!
VICTORY, OR VALHALLA!!!

Kurenio
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Ner'zhul

Unread post by Kurenio »

i love them all they are all unique and as a rare hunter i will tame them all that is all

My Characters
Signatures thanks to the amazing Sookie,Kuraine,
Rongar, Serenith and Me!
"Follow my heart, Follow my head, I'll follow anything to get to her heart."
12 hunters and 10 other classes being leveled.

Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Kurenio wrote:i love them all they are all unique and as a rare hunter i will tame them all that is all
GOTTA TAME 'EM ALL!

*Snickers*
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Unread post by Sasrei »

I will say this.. *smack* no aruging or anything of that sort. I made this so that everyone can see in one post all the rares without having to dig through alot of posts and stuff.

So guys play nice and just enjoy the fact blizzard is actually giving us something that is hard to get, and so far cant be killed on us.. which is what we wanted, theres more to come so stay tune ^.^

something other then SBs I would LOVE though haha yes.. other family love please..

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

The skins themselves aren't really unique. Just unused skins that are being implemented into the game.
For those who are asking.
The only thing that makes them unique is that they're a different color of a model that's already in game. :)

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Sasrei »

Pretty much.. but the one thing is, that unlike Gondria or Olm who you can accidently one shot. These guys will one shot you and those who were trying to kill it ^.^

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

As I suspected earlier, I think one of the major reasons behind this whole 8 beast idea is to get some of the final remaining unused skins into the game. As Wain stated elsewhere, they were going to be put in eventually, and with 'repetitive' appearances it may as well all be at once.

I'm sure we'll see even more spirit beasts and rares in the future that will have brand new unique models. This, however, is a fun, unique tame challenge idea was likely put forth as a way to just toss us the rest of the existing looks that aren't in game currently. We were not expecting this, we did not have to get these new pets at all. I'm not saying everyone has to love all of them, but this is a completely unexpected surprise. If one of them doesn't appeal to you, no worries, I'm sure there will be something in the future that does.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I wonder if this is going to be a Madexx on crack situation, such as these 8 sharing a single spawn CD O.O

dear lord, the very thought makes me twitch
Kalliope

They're so.....so.....BRIGHT. :lol:

And I remember thinking that Loque used to be so bright...
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_060111_210028.jpg
WoWScrnShot_060111_210028.jpg (218.5 KiB) Viewed 3603 times

YouTube Edition

Cerele
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Hellscream

Unread post by Cerele »

Kalliope wrote:Image

please please please tell me thats just a loque in a nice lighting... PLEASE

signature thanks to Kurieno
Nubhorns
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: WrA

Unread post by Nubhorns »

Cerele wrote:
Kalliope wrote:Image

please please please tell me thats just a loque in a nice lighting... PLEASE
That's Loque alright. Don't panic.

Edit: And Kalli, I'm sure this is answered elsewhere but which PTR realm are the Petopians puttering around on? I've never done PTR stuff before but I'd really love to poke around the zone with you guys.
Last edited by Nubhorns on Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

|| deviantART || armory || magistream ||

Cerele
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Hellscream

Unread post by Cerele »

whew!!!
close one

signature thanks to Kurieno
Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Cenarion Circle (US-Alliance)

Unread post by Cialbi »

Yep; I'm pretty sure that is a name that Kalliope thought up long before that screenshot. It sounds familiar, at least.
AKA Nazthandol, in <Petopians> (US)

Cute doesn't need an explanation.
_____

Avatar by LupisDarkmoon, and image caption by Kurasu. Thanks!

Kalliope

Err, yes, sorry, that's my Loque. ;) He just looks very different next to these new exotic - and super shiny! - pets. :)

This is the same guy I camped for in another thread....hehe!

YouTube Edition

Cblaze12
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Cblaze12 »

Kalliope wrote:I think people are starting to get overly picky about what a "unique" skin is. Recolorings are still unique. They may seem "less unique" than Loque, who has his own model base, but they are just as unique in the most technical sense.
I usually choose not to post but I will say this. I think at this point the class is lacking and has a defeated community, on offical forums and AJ, and as a 2200+ hunter I know well the frustrations we all feel. Pets at this point are all that keep some hunters interested in the class. I personally love my hunters playstyle, and as a PVP only kind of hunter I can't stand how clunky and clumsy we are at this point. Back to the main point, with all of the above said and all of the grumbling in the hunter community lately, alot of hunters were hoping for loque style pets, new models/concepts. Not saying what we got now isn't great seeing how alot of people wanted the unused models. I just think alot of the bitterness and complaining stems from hunter issues, and being given unused skins of a current model and not brand new ones when everyone had the expectations of some new mind blowing art concepts and models only to be let down, is whats leading to all the groaning on threads here.

Just my 2 cents, i personally don't care, I'll tame them all anyway, I think i speak for alot of hunters who are upset/frustrated and were hoping to have some cool new stuff thrown out there. Sure the developers aren't entitled to pump out new stuff for your class, but attitudes like that are what cost WoW 500k subs lately here, alot of high end hunters are re-rolling and quitting PVP. If warriors get rallying cry,and shamans get spirit link, and every other class gets something cool gimmicky, and we just get nerfs after nerfs, we better damn well get a shiny new pet to show off if developers won't do anything else for us. Again thats my opinion of the attitudes thrown out around here, and I think rightly justified. Pets are all we really got, if we aren't getting anything special ability wise, we should have atleast have a new pet whose color wasn't changed in paintshop.

Anyway keep up good work wain and noah, I personally appreciate the bone being tossed this way. I'm still hoping for a spirit devilsaur/raptor though..too many cats...to many cats, your making hunters into crazy cat ladies at this point.
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Cblaze12 wrote:
Kalliope wrote:I think people are starting to get overly picky about what a "unique" skin is. Recolorings are still unique. They may seem "less unique" than Loque, who has his own model base, but they are just as unique in the most technical sense.
I usually choose not to post but I will say this. I think at this point the class is lacking and has a defeated community, on offical forums and AJ, and as a 2200+ hunter I know well the frustrations we all feel. Pets at this point are all that keep some hunters interested in the class. I personally love my hunters playstyle, and as a PVP only kind of hunter I can't stand how clunky and clumsy we are at this point. Back to the main point, with all of the above said and all of the grumbling in the hunter community lately, alot of hunters were hoping for loque style pets, new models/concepts. Not saying what we got now isn't great seeing how alot of people wanted the unused models. I just think alot of the bitterness and complaining stems from hunter issues, and being given unused skins of a current model and not brand new ones when everyone had the expectations of some new mind blowing art concepts and models only to be let down, is whats leading to all the groaning on threads here.

Just my 2 cents, i personally don't care, I'll tame them all anyway, I think i speak for alot of hunters who are upset/frustrated and were hoping to have some cool new stuff thrown out there. Sure the developers aren't entitled to pump out new stuff for your class, but attitudes like that are what cost WoW 500k subs lately here, alot of high end hunters are re-rolling and quitting PVP. If warriors get rallying cry,and shamans get spirit link, and every other class gets something cool gimmicky, and we just get nerfs after nerfs, we better damn well get a shiny new pet to show off if developers won't do anything else for us. Again thats my opinion of the attitudes thrown out around here, and I think rightly justified. Pets are all we really got, if we aren't getting anything special ability wise, we should have atleast have a new pet whose color wasn't changed in paintshop.

Anyway keep up good work wain and noah, I personally appreciate the bone being tossed this way. I'm still hoping for a spirit devilsaur/raptor though..too many cats...to many cats, your making hunters into crazy cat ladies at this point.
I'm still waiting to see what huge nerfs we got cause only huge nerf I've seen is multi-shot. The rest is all just minor tweaks.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Sasrei »

Well guys interesting note is that a GM crashed our little party :lol: He said that the rest will be found in molten front, so 3 in mount hyjal and the rest in molten front. And yes we have a petopians channel if you want to join in anytime ^.^

Cblaze12
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Cblaze12 »

Jessibelle wrote:
Cblaze12 wrote:

I'm still waiting to see what huge nerfs we got cause only huge nerf I've seen is multi-shot. The rest is all just minor tweaks.
Since cata was released, its been nothing but a roller coaster for this class, the only ups we've had was aimshot briefly, not saying double aim chim wasn't over the top, but at this point this class piggybacks off broken melee specs like we've always have, only worse then ever. This is purely from a higher rated PVP standpoint. From what I hear hunters are amazing in PVE so no one has gripes there, in PVP we are the opposite though. I'm not talking about wrecking scrubs and fresh dings in low rated arena/random bgs or duels either, anyone can do that. This expansion offered us nothing but trouble so far, we got a new steady shot, a crappy aspect, and an entirely worthless 85 ability now. Every other class has recieved constant tweaking, and got some pretty spiffy abilities and alot of blue attention. Hunters get little to none of that, so most of us expect atleast something spiffy to appeal to the class, sure we all pay $15 a month voluntarily for a game we enjoy, but the class we enjoy gets very little attention, if we aren't getting anything else special or unique, we should have atleast have special pets added to keep it going.
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Well here's the thing you must ALWAYS remember.....

Balance PvE and PvP to where everyone is happy....is impossible. Never gonna happen. Honestly, Blizzard needs to make pvp stuff and pve stuff SEPARATE. That way both can be tweaked as necessary. Totalbiscuit has commented on that. PvE will get the most attention so long as the two are connected.

Now....in BGs and TB....I've not had any problems as a BM hunter using a spider. I have the horde running from me or trying to find me to kill me cause I'm being annoying to them. I'm not sure how it is in arena but on my server, people are begging for hunters in arena. So PvP isn't that bad off.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine