not excited about 99% of the new rares

Read-only since Patch 4.2 is now live.
Vetiver
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin US/Farstriders US

not excited about 99% of the new rares

Unread post by Vetiver »

I really REALLY wanted to be excited. I was so looking forward to these. But it's just a pile of the same spider, and 3 reskinned models that I already have. On top of that, 3 of them are Spirit Beasts in a time where there are 0 incentives to being BM. Sigh.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the fact that there are taming challenges. I think that is beyond awesome and I will set out to tag and release every one of these just so I can do those. But I probably won't keep anything. Maybe the green spider, which by the way is decidedly less awesome than the ones you can't tame now. I might also replace my Gondria with one of the new kitties, depending on how common they become.

Was it really too much to hold out hope that with 8 (8!!?) new rares and a fire themed content patch that we might have more than 2 types of pet or that one of them might have been a lovely phoenix? :(

Thrawna Partyfavor Poliwrath Mint

...plus many, many more. <3

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Re: not excited about 99% of the new rares

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

We already have a topic about this here: http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12179
Let's try to keep these kinds of threads to a minimum, shall we? ;) We do already have a rant thread as well.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

TygerDarkstorm wrote:We already have a topic about this here: http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12179
Let's try to keep these kinds of threads to a minimum, shall we? ;) We do already have a rant thread as well.
Gah, you ninja'd me...xD

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Vetiver
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Vetiver »

i copied it over to the rant thread. i somehow didn't even see that! :D

Phaul578
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Alleria

Unread post by Phaul578 »

Zero incentive to be BM? I beg to differ, I raid as BM And pull over 18-22K average and love it.
Calomel
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Icecrown

Unread post by Calomel »

Vetiver wrote:[...] there are 0 incentives to being BM. Sigh.[...]
No incentives?! :o

How about because it's AWESOME? :mrgreen:

Tanin - Troll - Beast Master - Icecrown, US
Currently Hunting: ...for the pacifier...

Vetiver
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Vetiver »

personal anecdotal experiences aside, there is really no debate over the fact that MM is head and shoulders above BM on damage. that is not an opinion, that is a fact!

i keep my BM spec because i have all of the spirit beasts and i use it to solo. it is also my favorite spec to play. but i wasn't talking about pretty pets, i was talking about what raid leaders and pvp team captains expect of you. :P

Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

ahead or not, BM dps is sufficient enough that anyone that calls it the noob spec, is in fact far less informed than they think.

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

Yeah, I love the people complaining that OMG several of the new rares are BM. BM spec is NOOBS. I enjoy BM and all my awesome critters. >_>
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Shirubia
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Quel'thalas

Unread post by Shirubia »

Gimlion wrote:ahead or not, BM dps is sufficient enough that anyone that calls it the noob spec, is in fact far less informed than they think.
Wish my guild could see that, they don't let my hunter raid unless she is MM or SV -.- Other 3 hunters are MM and pull near 30k dps (as opposed to my 18k)... but they still feel is the ''Casual spec''
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

BM is the awesome sauce. :D
I tried playing SV in Wrath since it was one of "the" specs to be (until MM went head and shoulders above it), but I just didn't enjoy it as much as BM. So I read up on how to play BM competitively and was able to show people on my server that it wasn't totally a trash spec to have around in a raid. :) And I will continue to play BM as it is my preferred spec.

There's nothing wrong with choosing to play a spec that you enjoy even if it's not "the best."

Anyone who thinks BM isn't viable in end game anymore needs to get the Wrath mentality out of their heads and, no offense, grow up. It's been a while now into Cata that the three specs have been near equal with one another with BM only falling behind on AoE. If they were up to date on the info of the classes as they should be, they would know there's only slight differences between the specs.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Phaul578
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Alleria

Unread post by Phaul578 »

Vetiver wrote:personal anecdotal experiences aside, there is really no debate over the fact that MM is head and shoulders above BM on damage. that is not an opinion, that is a fact!P
Not when 4.2 hits....MM will be equal to the others. That nerf to CA is going to KILL the MM spec and bring it in line with the others.
twilightsky
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Auchindoun, Terenas

Unread post by twilightsky »

BM as simple as the shots are is not the spec for everyone. Some people just can't seem to get the hang of it, take a fellow guildee for example: i was doing about 12k, this was a good while ago, in a hc with him and was out dpsing his 9k on surv. I was better geared than him but he went to his BM spec in an attempt to catch up but instead his dropped to around 6k.

So perhaps to you it is rubbish dps because you're just unable to use the spec. I went and reforged a few days ago and my dps has sky rocketed from the bottom of the charts to the top and over everyone by atleast 2k most of the time :)

During WotLK when BM wasn't viable i played Survival but as soon as i could go BM again i did :D and i did try out MM for myself, i went Baradin Hold, and yes i must say i did infact have the highest dps when i wasnt one of the best geared, it was a 25 man, but when i changed around 2 or 3 talents from the other trees to allow more survivability in my own raids i found my dps dropped by a large amount. I have also noticed that to play MM well you.. can't move too much where as BM you can be attacking adds when your pets on the boss allowing a larger damage output
Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

MM is only ahead if you can stand still the first 20%.
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

lilatha

Realm: EU-Emerald Dream

Unread post by lilatha »

I play as BM, and I for one hope not all the new rares are BM only. Why? Simple I may want to use a different specc from time to time ... What if a SV spread is really needed, which it kinda was back in the start of Cata on certain things c: (loved that but thats just me :c)
I would also like to see new models ... Instead of using the same cat model whuy not steal Loques? Or even better give me a few days to make some on 3D max (and yes Im sure Blizzard doesn't use that but its the best I have :C)
I love the new ways of taming on some of them have yet to seem them all (Kinda stopped looking after seeing the remade Gondira's)
I know Blizzard wants to show BM love and I will still play it no matter what they do to the specc I have enough Hunters to play any specc I want. But can we loose the 'prudy pet spec' Today I had a fight with a Fury Warr abuot me playing BM keep ing mind this guy dies on every pull since hes to stupid to watch his own arggo and our tanks can't walways blow their CD's for him.
Ok in HCs BM wise 20k+ might not be good enough but in raids I don't die, I pull over the needed DPS and oh yeah I do my roll right. But Im sick of that lable amoung others! We are paying for our accounts we can play any way we want, if I wanted to be top in every meter ofc I would change spec but I love my BM-ness to much to give up I've been fighting all the way though Wrath to prove BM was raid-able and omg did I push my luck there.
Back on Topic!
The new pets Ok! I like the purple 'lava' spider? I hope that isn't BM only otherwise I may consider giving up >.>
I love my Spirit Beasts as much as the next person I got all the current ones for that reason ... Even if I find the new wolf and the crab a little off putting and Im 100% sure I will with the new ones due to the sounds! THEY WILL ROAR LIKE CATS! By all means have every animal a spirit beast but fix the god dam sounds before that idea comes into your head >.>
Cas now Ill have to put up with a bird thinking it is a cat -.-
Ok I do like the new SB idea a tiny bit, simply as it gives others a chance to get a spirit beast cas im damn sure their timers wont be that long and it requires some questing? (from what i read last about these yey for me being out of date!) so that is kinda better then sitting 12 hours on a timer and not everyone quests! (my poor poor alts they never get to see the great wonders)
Anyways ranting over I doubt anyone will read this c:

Sum up: I like and hate the new beasts due to remodeling and lack of creative-ness Im use to from Blizzard but adding more SB will make it easier for all Hunters to have alteast one even if they dont fix the sounds! I just hope they are not all BM only.
Vetiver
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Vetiver »

i agree about loque's model, as long as they insist on recycling things. my boyfriend and i were discussing how amazing a black loque would be!

lilatha

Realm: EU-Emerald Dream

Unread post by lilatha »

exaclty and if a dev is looking on these forums he can see what people are wanting from the mass fanart and designs ... im damn sure if this dev mailed someone asking if they could use their idea or ask if they may use parts of it i doubt anyone would really say no ... c'mon seeing someone you made ingame ... and something people would want since it looked new

(also I lacks a cap key ... sue me)
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I like the new rares. I like the fact they did not just make all the rares 100% BM.