Stable Ideas for New Hunter

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
quietstrm07

Stable Ideas for New Hunter

Unread post by quietstrm07 »

Hello to everyone. I'm relatively new to all things hunter and am just starting to assemble my stable of pets for both buff purposes (purely PvE) but also am wanting to work within a theme. I have a worgen hunter so am looking towards the dark and more vicious looking pets and just want to get input on whether there might be better choices than those that I've seen. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Below are the pets I'm thinking of pursuing for this purpose:

Chimaera:
ImageImage

Ravager:

Silithid:

Wind Serpent/Dragonhawk:
Image - I don't personally like the look of the black wind serpent (going more for spiky here)

Cats:
ImageImageImage

Corehound:

Devilsaur:

Hyena:

Raptor:

Spirit Beasts:
ImageImage

Wolves - Using the Oil-Stained Wolf

Shale Spider:

Turtle/Beetle:
ImageImage
7seti
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Frostmourne

Re: Stable Ideas for New Hunter

Unread post by 7seti »

If you're speccing BM, you might want a pet with an interrupt. Maybe this:

It's entirely personal preference, but I find the metallic grey windserpent a bit more sinister-looking than the white:
Tankperson
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Tankperson »

Well personally on my hunter I carry

1 Tank: Beetle/turtle
2 Cat: I have sambas right now but once I get my acount up I'm going back to my white lion I miss the old boy first really hard to 3 get pet I went for on her.
3 Dragonhawk: I use her in groups that is heavy on casters for dps I've been in groups with a mage and lock for dps so they love me when I pull that pet out.
4 Ravager/Raptor: Something to help the melee out depending on what we have.
5 I rotate this one out some times I'll have a spirit beast there just to run around with other times I'll just throw a pet in I like something for pvp as well at times.
quietstrm07

Unread post by quietstrm07 »

7seti wrote:If you're speccing BM, you might want a pet with an interrupt. Maybe this:

It's entirely personal preference, but I find the metallic grey windserpent a bit more sinister-looking than the white:
I'll have to go tame that wind serpent and test it out. I'm still uncertain as to whether or not I'll pursue the nether ray as I'll probably be using a buff pet of some sort if speccing BM (primarily going to go MM). Definitely thanks for the advice though :)

As of the moment, I'm managed to acquire my chimaera, ravager, silithid, sabrecat, black lion, Chrommie, devilsaur, hyena, raptor, oil wolf, and beetle. Now once I finish leveling, I should hopefully be able to get the spirit beasts, terrorpene, and a shale spider and I'll be set :) Now comes the fun part of trying to name all these new beasts, lol