The New 10 Rares (edited: for live)

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Re: The New 10 Rares (edited: for buffs)

Unread post by Kalliope »

deadpuppies wrote:The hunter that shows up with their entourage to provide their buffs/ pots etc. 5 min. b4 a spawn that sits on top of the solo hunter that has been camping for 10 hours I guess is wise..smart..cunning and deserving of these rare pets cause they are on pvp servers and killing is what we should expect I guess.-Yay looking forward to the t-bags and emotes...
Seriously, is this your first time on a PvP server? :lol: It's not "fair" or "honorable" or "skilled," but it is par for the course.

I am thoroughly going to enjoy taming Kirix solo in people's faces on my server. :D If ganking is an issue, then you can be damned well sure that I'm going to grab my corehound and run for the rock. I've already done the "legit" tame twice (once with no bonus haste of any kind), so I'm going to do what I have to do to ensure that I end up with my baby at my side and I don't care what anyone else thinks of my methods. :) Even if that means calling in my guild to pick off people while I tame. (Heck, I have friends hordeside who will probably try to kill me while I'm taming; that'll be fun too!)
deadpuppies wrote:Everyone at the end of the day is going to tame their pets the way they want.
Yep, this is the point. There's nothing you can do to stop it, so there's absolutely no reason to judge others for it. You're entitled to feel the way you do, but barging in here and calling people wusses for choosing differently is not the smartest course of action.
deadpuppies wrote:Sorry for my 2 cents seems we can only talk smack about chick hunters in here.
You should have listened to Meunkin. :lol: You missed the point. :) This community has a lot of female hunters in it, many of whom are clever enough to have already done the tames the legit way, and in fact, were among the first to do so. (No offense to our guys who were also doing so; I'm making a point here, not forgetting you!) We're not talking smack about ourselves; we're just being silly. :D Especially since it's better than being offended. :roll:

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Unread post by Sasrei »

On pvp server its going to be alot worse to tame these rares then any other rares. Most have only one spawn point, and require some effort then just land, trap, hit tame and leave.

Kalli you seem so excited! :lol: Nothing like a good ganking to make you happy hey?

Kalliope wrote: You should have listened to Meunkin. :lol: You missed the point. :) This community has a lot of female hunters in it, many of whom are clever enough to have already done the tames the legit way, and in fact, were among the first to do so. (No offense to our guys who were also doing so; I'm making a point here, not forgetting you!) We're not talking smack about ourselves; we're just being silly. :D Especially since it's better than being offended. :roll:
Indeed.. its just alot of us chicks like rare shiney things, its in our dna. Guys like the challenge, we like the shiny. (Some like the challenge but shiny! :lol:) I was the first to find and sucessfully tame Banny the first time he was introduced. Before he was low enough to be tamed sucessfully on the pillars, then on the statue. Now hes extremely high and needs the tree strat (who.. I dont know figured about, but a few nice hunters showed me and you all rock!). I was first to successfully tame Kirix when his NR was alot less, and worked on tweaking the rock strat. I spent over an hour with him and how I got him.. was basically everything like the legit strat, except messier and me burnt out. I think Kirix just said fine nut ill go with you. He took pity on my corpse :lol: I also enjoyed watching Kalli die to the legit strat. Alot. Ive solo tamed Solix 3 times, skitterflame 4 times, and I was the one to point out which lava was needed for Anny. It was me and a hunter friend who figured out the core hound trick to Skarr and karkin.. I also have alot of free time on my hands which helps.. quite alot.

I know I can tame them solo but the thing is do I want to risk the chance of losing Deth? Not really no. Solix ill be taming full on solo though ^.^ And the others as well. Kirix I am not sure ill be going for.. not enough space *sigh*

Noah wtb more stable slots.

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

Kalliope

Sasrei wrote:On pvp server its going to be alot worse to tame these rares then any other rares. Most have only one spawn point, and require some effort then just land, trap, hit tame and leave.
Yep, I'm preparing myself to die instantly after taming Kirix on live, since I'll undoubtedly be low health. ;)
Sasrei wrote:Kalli you seem so excited! :lol: Nothing like a good ganking to make you happy hey?
Nah, it's not that. I certainly won't be ganking horde hunters attempting to do any of these tames on live.

Taming King Krush was a huge adventure for me. Had my druid buddy not gotten off a key cyclone on the warrior as he was about to silence my tame, I never would have gotten him. It was so, so terrible, but so, so exciting. Theseus was the first tame I'd really bonded with like that. Kirix has already won me over for similar reasons, and that's not even counting horde involvement yet (after all, I now roll on PvE servers on the PTR because I don't feel like dealing with the PvP aspect while testing). I can't even imagine how bonded Arachne and I will be after I tame Kirix on live. The whole thing may end up terribly anticlimactic, but since the risk factor will be there (and the tame is complicated enough on its own to begin with), I'm very excited anyway.

I believe Yaone was the first person I saw use the tree strat for Banny. :D As for me dying to the legit strat, REMEMBERING TO PUT NR AURA UP IS VERY DIFFICULT. :roll: That was just clowniness on my end. :lol: But yeah, every tame of Kirix I've done, including the brute forced initial tame, was satisfying, simply because he hurts so much! :lol:

Deadpuppies hasn't actually attacked female hunters, so I'm not accusing him of doing so. ;) He merely attacking people who need help on the tames. We've certainly seen enough guys who haven't looked up the strats and died horrible horrible deaths to the new challenges while females swooped in and did 'em flawlessly because they were prepared. (Yep, I'm coming right out there and saying it. You guys know who you are and what you need to do for the future. :P ) It's not a gender issue at all; it's a question of prep work. :) The gender debate is just a red herring! :D

YouTube Edition

Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Sasrei »

Perks of pvp server though is that you get to kill the person who killed the rare mid tame..

King Krush was my favourite tame to :) Took me 2 months to find him alive and sucessfully tame him. I dc'd and then when I logged on my hunter friend that someone in general said king krush was up! Spent 1000g on Atlas and hes worth every penny :) I think the rares that took me the longest to get I have the most bond with, or the pets that I bring back in a new way. Like Teeka who used to be Araga is now a frostpride. But also pets that I have got because of friends and guildies mean alot to me as well.

I think Yaone was to. And yes NR.. very important Kalli. But I cant blame you I did kind of ruin your mojo by running into (or trying to) Kirix screaming For petopia! :lol:

Neither am I. And I fully agree prep work is necessary for these guys.. even with a ton of haste if you dont know about NR for Kirix your screwed. Trying to tame Solix without aspect up means you are dead. Knowing about the traps about skitter but not knowing when to break it is a bad bad idea for him. Hitting tame on Skarr or Karkin will.. be quite brutal without any SS or casting speed debuff. Running up to Anny to trap and tame is not a good idea, nor is it with the cats and full armor.. And not knowing how to get banny out of the sky.. If you dont know the proper strats, the only way youll get them is based on pure dumb luck..

Kalliope

Sasrei wrote:Perks of pvp server though is that you get to kill the person who killed the rare mid tame..
^
This. :) Except Kirix says "HELL NO, YOU'RE GONNA BE THE ONE TO DIE, NOT ME." Which I fully expect. Sigh. Why do I love this spider? :lol:
Sasrei wrote:I think Yaone was to. And yes NR.. very important Kalli. But I cant blame you I did kind of ruin your mojo by running into (or trying to) Kirix screaming For petopia! :lol:
I absolutely wish we'd gotten pics of that! It was five or six attempts before he even noticed you! :lol: I was laughing too hard to think of it. xD
Sasrei wrote:If you dont know the proper strats, the only way youll get them is based on pure dumb luck..
^
This. Basically. Cause as you said earlier, if you and your buddies don't know how to do the tame, then you're going to either end up with a dead pet or a dead hunter.

YouTube Edition

Kalliope

Re: The New 10 Rares (edited: Kirix,Solix and Skitter)

Decided to give the "drop" method of taming Banny a shot. He reset on the first disengage landing, so I decided to just parachute cloak down on top of my trap from the previous attempt. Banny popped right into it, and I was not killed by the moonfires I ate on the way down.

Course, some worgen hunter decided to break my trap. I immediately feigned and let Banny moonfire him to death, then retrapped him and tamed.

Moral of the story: don't eff with the moonfiring owl. xD Or his mistress!

Scientific findings: this tame is totally doable without the tree if you time your slowfall/disengage properly. Yes, yes, we already knew that. Just wanted to reemphasize it. :)

YouTube Edition

Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Sasrei »

Ah so Ive seen it done once but seemed a little too painful to add :lol: I have to think the only reason that is a really bad idea is well worgens like that. Banny would fall at a very populated place (a quest hub) so im very cautious about that, people would have every chance to attack him and so far on the ptr they seem to like taking that chance. I know live it wouldnt be that bad (hopefully) but the tree seems to be a good idea just cause not many people can get on it. And only hunters try for it. You could probably try that on the statue to

Kalliope

Oh yeah, I should definitely mention that my health was under half, so if he hadn't hit my trap or if I hadn't feigned so quickly, I would have died to the moonfire myself.

It's definitely more dangerous in many ways, but for those people who aren't always able to balance on the tree (*raises hand*), it's worth exploring the other alternatives. :)

Fun Fact: Skarr hits for 92k with a three stack of the buff. :shock:

YouTube Edition

Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Sasrei »

Ah indeed it is. Ill have to test it to :) Wonder if the pillar area still works. Atleast thats a somewhat safer landing, parachute cloak will get you down safely if you hit it at the right time. Th tree the only time you know your safe is if your not able to fly forwards at all. And use a smaller mount like a gryphon/windrider. It makes it easier to judge the distance.

Kalliope

What I'd like to see a vid of is a more skilled hunter than me doing the free0fall strat, but disengage-landing on either the statue or the pillars. ;)

YouTube Edition

Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Re: The New 10 Rares (edited: spawn info)

Unread post by Sasrei »

haha yah that would be neat. Ill have to try it just for kicks.. I am however running out of room on my first page lol.. who knew I could type over 10k words in one little post

Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Sasrei »

oh and after 40 mins I tamed Deth, MM spec is really nice for the extra slows (alot of slow.. I <3 slows) took me a bit though, my pet spider didnt want to cooperate with me and attack.. then revive pet takes soo long... *sigh* oh and everytime I agrooed a yellow spider it made her reset. I dont know if it was cause she tried to cast deth strike on it (saw it on the cast bar that she was casting it) and because she cant no longer use it on mobs she just resets..

best part at the end when I got her, she just cast Deth strike with 2 secs left.. bang I am dead and she is gone :lol: suicidial spider.. shes mine though :)
Last edited by Sasrei on Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

lilaughingwolf
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Zul'gin

Unread post by lilaughingwolf »

So in love with the spider skins, dont like spiders much...but these I do like. Especialy the purple (my fav color)..lol..figures I'd fall in love with what sounds like the harder to tame.
Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Sasrei »

Interesting note: I apparently enjoyed making life harder for myself.. with adding extra traps and whatnot. I am going to have to say.. useful specs arent necessarily reccommended except for Skarr/karkin, and the Sbs (Bm only) surv/mm is good yes but not necessary.. tamed solix in BM spec, just trap and CS and running.. didnt even mean to tame it (wanted to test more) but I was in such complete and utter shock how easy it was I didnt clue in to hit FD til it was to late :lol:

all spiders.. no spec necessary, they just help. Could be cause ive kited alot cause of these spiders but.. with Solix, he and Deth are my main ones so I am trying to get as much practice as possible.

So really..

If you know how to kite, Deth, Solix, Skitterflame will be easy for you.

Anthriss right lava.

kirix right spot, good timing on detterence/tame

Ryannie
Realm: Quel'dorei- Alliance

Re: The New 10 Rares (edited: skitterflame)

Unread post by Ryannie »

For the respawn timer on Deth- I think that its 6-24, because the day before I tamed he spawened around 12:30 am my time then spawned the next day at 11:50 pm. (10 minutes before account lockout! WooT)
Hey if you are wondering about the guild "Petopians" on Anasterian, well it got disbanded but a few of us decided to make a new guild called Protectors of Hyjal. Message anyone in-game to ask for an invite. Hope to see you guys again soon!
Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Sasrei »

Hmm the 24hour respawn.. I was just trying to stay optimistic! :lol: There wasnt a server restart or what not hey? Or a chance that noone was there if she popped up in the early am?

24 hours.. sucks

Eliolia
Realm: Runetotem US

Unread post by Eliolia »

Hello all, this is my first time posting, I just made an account to give you guys some important information I just found out regarding Skarr and Karkin. I will admit I am so exhausted from lack of sleep I haven't read through all 14 pages to make sure this isn't a repost, but Skarr and Karkin do not necessarily alternate spawns.

I tamed Karkin at 5:20 am on my server, and stayed up camping both spots the whole time awaiting Skarr. at 11:50 am server, in the exact same spot as before, Karkin spawned. There was a half hour time frame from 5:30 to 6 am where I was busy taming other pets, but from 6 am on, I saw no Skarr to complete the alternation.

I do have some screenshots if needed that I can post when I wake up, but yeah, so far it doesn't look like they will always alternate spawns. :(
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Moderator »

Relocated from the Patch 4.2 forum by request.
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

Does anyone know where the Map of the Molten Front rares is? Is it buried in this thread, or is it in a different thread?

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Kalliope

Check the first post. :)

YouTube Edition