Random Pet Challenge [v3.0]

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Re: Random Pet Challenge [v3.0]

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Lupis(Rassaa):
Armored Black Boar

Doing another roll for my baby hunter until she's high enough for the tan bat.
Tyger(Nattalya):
Turquoise Tallstrider

Oops, saving that roll for after I put my parrot report together. XD

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Shame on me for forgetting this. >_<
Image for Nattalya this time.

Looks:
As some of you may or may not remember, I went and soloed Deadmines for this bird on my worgen hunter. I opted for a much easier route this time around and drug my bf's pally with my hunter to make the process easier.

While I don't think this bird matches Nattalya, I do think she's a pretty parrot. I don't know why I named her Stacey, but that song "Stacey's Mom" certainly came to mind when I picked it. :lol: Anyway, like I said, I do find this to be a rather pretty bird despite the strange array of colors. Her body is a basic, good looking green color. Her wings start green, then go to pink, then black, and then to a burnt orange color (top right). The ring around her eyes are pink and her cheeks have blush-like patches of burnt orange (bottom right). Her tail is green with yellow feathers are the underside (bottom middle). Her feet are a tealish-green color (bottom left).

Sounds and Animations:
Like all birds in this game, Stacey flap, flap, flaps everywhere, even when idle. When in combat, she makes standard squawking sounds rather suiting for a parrot. Their run animation is pretty smooth, no butt dragging, and I like that they fly above your shoulder instead of down by the ground (bottom left). One thing I find interesting about the bird pets as of late is how they interact with water. If you just skim the surface of a pool of water, they stay flying in the air (top left). They will only submerge themselves once you dive deeper into the water. Their swim animation is a slowed down version of their flight that makes it look like they're almost paddling through the water with their wings (top and bottom right).

Combat:
I'm not going to delve into any fighting animations these guys have; it's hard to tell the difference between them. Suffice it to say that parrots are always moving and that they do a lot of swooping and clawing that looks rather neat; sort of like aerial acrobatics. As a cunning pet, Stacey puts out good damage as well.

Stacey and her kin are birds of prey whose special is Snatch. Snatch disarms your bird's opponent for a few seconds. This ability has situational good uses in both PvP and PvE. In PvP this is helpful against melee classes and fellow hunters as it strips a hunter of their ranged weapon as well. In PvE, this ability can be used to disarm hard hitting, humanoid melee mobs and sometimes even bosses, helping to ease stress on a tank or healer. However, I wouldn't recommend using one in a raid or heroic unless all of the greater buff/debuff options are covered.

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Medek
Realm: Kargath

Unread post by Medek »

Name: Medek
Level: 85
Exotics: Sure! :3
Restrictions: None!

Thought I'd try coming out to play. This seems like fun. ^^
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Boar report! I named him Thunderbelly.

First off, he's easy to get to at high levels, but if you want to tame him at his level... You'll need help. He's only found in RFK, and he's not alone, there are a lot of other boars around him.

First off, his looks. He's a pretty good looking boar. He's got the typical black boar skin, with a nice armor on top. I noticed a few things about the armor - it varies widely in sharpness. Take his face plates, for instance. They're fairly sharp and quite detailed, a very nice look. His spine/waist plates also look great, though where the spine plates meet his mane they look a little odd. The coloration on the waist plate looks great.
His shoulder plates... Not so much. They're very low res, very blurry. They look awful compared to the other armor. They're not alone - the leather straps holding the armor to him are all low res, and they stand out a lot because of it.

Beyond armor... His nose looks great, strangely enough. The mane is very 2-D, and it looks a bit odd and pixely. Same goes for the tail tuft.

His animations are adorable. His swim is a bit boring but cute enough, a simple paddle. His run is adorable - it's one of the best things about boars. He seems really bouncy and a lot more real than most pets, like he's more 3D. One of the most popular things about boars are their idles, especially the butt-wag that they do after sniffing the ground. Their other idle is to wave their head from side to side and chomp at the air. While they only have two idles, they use them all. the. time.

The attacks don't vary much. They bite, they bite, they bite. Sometimes they tilt their head more. Woo. The thunderstomp animation comes off their front hooves, randomly, and their special, Gore, leaves red rips in the air and turns the enemy red.

Now, combat.
They're a sturdy tenacity pet, but not as tough as a beetle or a turtle. Their skill is a bit... useless... They increase the bleed damage taken by an enemy by 30%. Unless you're in a group with a bunch of rogues, warriors and kitty druids, it's not something you really need. With that mix of people, though, it's a nice buff - however, it's a tenacity pet, not ferocity. You might get some odd looks.

Thunderbelly is cute, but not usefull enough for me to see myself using him. I think he'll go back to RFK.

Another roll? :->

Rassaa
85* BM/MM
Exotics? Sure
Restrictions? Er, yeah, actually, no monkeys.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Tsuki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Tsuki »

Name: Tsukura
Exotics: Is possible
Restrictions: hmmmm... nah, everything is a go. Although I do wanna try something I don't already have ( http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/m ... sukura/pet )

Rares I have: Karoma, Loque, Terrorpene, Olm the Wise, Tsul'kalu, The Razza, Gondria

~Signature made by Serenith~Image~Signature made by Serenith~

Kormai
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Stormrage - A, Thrall - H

Unread post by Kormai »

Zombie Kormai want braaaaiiiiiiiins..........

Medek
Grey Worm

Lupis (Rassaa)
Blue Warp Stalker

Tsukura
Red Devilsaur

Good hunting :!:

Thrall | Kormai - 100 Blood Elf Hunter | Kari - 100 Undead Hunter | Sintharia - 100 Blood Elf Warlock | Rhoxi - 100 Goblin Mage
Stormrage | Kormai - 100 Draenei Hunter | Kari - 6 Worgen Hunter
...and so many other alts!
Zheria

Unread post by Zheria »

Name: Zebragirl
Exotics: Okay
Restrictions: No spirit beasties or cats (Have way too many of those XD)
Kormai
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Kormai »

Zebragirl
White Moth

Enjoy :)

Thrall | Kormai - 100 Blood Elf Hunter | Kari - 100 Undead Hunter | Sintharia - 100 Blood Elf Warlock | Rhoxi - 100 Goblin Mage
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

Kormai wrote: Shade
Ghostly Green Owl
^My Target. Went after him on my newest hunter, Sidhé who I am leveling on a new realm for me-which is a kinda weird experience. Anyways!

Getting to this guy is not that hard at the lowest level you need to be. At this point you should have a mount of some sort and running there is not that difficult. Horde or Alliance, you do not have to go through any enemy camps really to get to him, as Stonetalon Mts is a questing zone for both.

A funny thing though, I ran from Ashenvale to get here, and if you come from that direction you do have to run through an alliance blockade/camp along the road. I was running around being as sneaky as I could and muttering in the guild about how annoying it is to avoid all the alliance toons when they asked what the hell I was doing trying to avoid my own side! ALL of my toons except Kitsuné are Alliance, but she was the last that I was really working on, so I was still in the mindset of avoiding Alli areas when I ran through there. *sigh* That is what I hate about playing two sides-I forget which side I am in, run towards what I think is a safe place and get one shot killed by people that normally like me!

Anyways, he is not hard to get. I suggest standing along the mountain 'walls' of the area he is located in and just shooting one till it gets into taming range. Worst part about the area he is located in is that the mobs there are all ghosts and thus can be hard to spot unless you run with name plates up. I don't, so I had to fight off a number of ghosts that I did not spot right away. Standing on the mountain 'walls' helps avoid them though, once you get up there.

Looks wise he is a very nice looking bird, and a great option for someone wanting a ghost theme at a low level. I've never been one for the birds, really. I considered them, like the chimera a more annoyance then anything else when running through dungeons because they tend to get in the way. I found though, while using this guy in an instance, that I rather like having a bird out. In the lower level dungeons, where you tend to be in cramped hallways where camera angles can make visibility a pain, running with a bird-who is above the mobs instead of under them like a wolf or cat, I found that I rather liked being able to see my bird.

I don't think the Snatch ability that Birds of Prey have is very useful for end game raiding/dungeon runs, not when you are a Beast Master and have much better options for buffs and abilities out there. I am not into PvP, so I cannot comment on the mechanic there really, apologies. Except for Spiders and Silthids, I tend to avoid Cunning pets on a whole, as I tend to just run instances and play with my friends-and not PvP. I am planning on trying one of each while I am working on Sidhé here, as the entire point of a fourth hunter was to try working with the pets I normally avoid.

Animation wise, someone above said that their Bird of Prey was flying above them while swimming? I didn't see that.

Unless I deliberately placed him, this bird was always right next to me, hovering so that his head was usually even with mine.

Overall a nice Bird of Prey, one of the prettier skins for them until you can get to Olm or Hell-Hoot if you want to stick with an owl. A nice grab at a low level.

----

I also tested to see if another bird would hover above water while I was at the surface. Alas my blue carrion bird, Nevermore, does not like to swim....

------------

Can I get another roll?

Sidhé
NE , Beast Master Hunter
lvl 28 currently, but roll up to 35

Nothing really I won't try, except for monkeys-can't stand them and have already done a review for them via this before. :) No exotics yet, obviously-rares are nice challenges though, and I love a challenge, so make it as difficult a tame that you can think of if you wish.
Kormai
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Kormai »

Sidhé
Pink Tallstrider

Such a pretty "bird"

Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

Kormai wrote:Sidhé
Pink Tallstrider

Such a pretty "bird"

I've actually always hated that thing!

Bah. Instead of waiting to level to 31/32, I went after Mazzranache. Currently at level 29.

Getting there:

This is roughly the path that I took to get to Mulgore, seeing as I am on an Alliance toon. The path works the same for either Horde or Alliance-though Alli want to avoid that first arrow, as it leads right to a Horde camp and instead run along the base of the mountain till they can find a path up to the mountain path. This mountain high road/path/whatever you want to call it, makes getting to Mulgore ridiculously easy for an Alli toon at a low level, as it bypasses most all the level 30+ creatures. Once you pass the Horde base and get up there, there is nothing to stop your run into Mulgore.

This is about where I climbed up to get to the path, in the distance you can see the Horde camp I was speaking of.

Following the path leads you to up behind the wall that blockades off Mulgore. its possible for an Alli to get around the corner closest to me in the photo from the front, taking the high road is just easier.

Running to the area she is at is the most difficult thing about taming this gal.

Though it looks violent, it was not that hard a tame. Finding this gal can be a little tricky, you have to run around before you can find her and the first time I tried I actually couldn't find her, waited about an hour and went back to look again.

The BABIES!! Sorry must say something about them. They are adorable. AND, after I tamed my big pick Cassowary, named Squee for a guild joke, I looked over the babies. They stay in the area if you are careful not to kill them, and keep along their path. Squee got mad at a wolf and charged, and the babies all scattered. I waited for a bit and they all came back and lined up again. It was ADORABLE.

Now as to using Squee.

Never really used one of these guys, but it was pretty amusing to watch her pick at mobs in the instances. If you catch her at certain angles, you get some funny screenshots.

Image Image

A cute pet. Not one of my faves, but useable enough. The bright pink does not help in dark dungeons, it is still easy to loose sight of where the bird is in a dark place. Her eyes are black, so unlike the cats, who at least have glowing eyes in the dark, this one gets cast into shadow. I would like it better if the bright pink was visible in dark areas too-kinda like a glow in the dark pink. :P

Think she might become a permanent pet for me, if for nothing else she cracks me up when I watch her attack.

-------

Roll again when you wish for Sidhé. Roll up to 38 this time and I'll level a bit to go after the next.
Kylah
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Coilfang, Shattered Halls, and moar

Unread post by Kylah »

I'll come and try ^^

Name:Kylah, Female Night elf
Level: 31 (Will take up to 35 though, as I will be leveling soon)
Exotics: Not yet, sadly =(
Restrictions: No monkeys/gorillas or rotting pets please =S I really don't like them (demon hounds, etc are fine, just not the ones with the open wounds, etc)

^^

Kylah
Signature by me ^^

Kormai
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Kormai »

Kylah
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Kylah »

So, I went to go get my ravager today, and took a quick photoshoot with him ^^ First of all, if you want him, you will have to farm the orange and red ravagers for quite a while for the key to his cage. Some people have said its taken them a long time, but mine only took like 5 minutes :headbang:

Anyways, first off, I took him for a swim...and started laughing pretty much right away :P I forgot how awesome ravagers look while swimming...no wonder I missed my little orange one so much :lol:
Swimmy swimmy rawr!
Must...eat....water!!!!! <3 I love him already
Shall we go back in?

Skin Review: I personally adore this skin. Its soft colors remind me of some sort of sea creature, and it definitely stands out from other ravagers. It's very unique, and wonderfully done. Good job, Blizz! :hug:

I called mine Honeydew (Idk, first name I thought of :lol: ) and I LOVE him!!!

I will most assuredly be keeping my new little alien...he's awesome ;)

Go go Honeydew!!!!

Sorry if I went overboard on the screenshots...It was really fun! I will be doing this again!

Name: Kylah, female night elf
Level: 31, will be going up to 35 though (probably level today, maybe tomorrow)
Exotics: No
Restrictions: No gorillas, monkeys, or rotting pets please :?

Kylah
Signature by me ^^

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I found absinthe to be a really fitting name for that ravager. :D I <3 ravagers. Awesome little pets.

Teal tallstrider report from me to come soon. >_>

[/center]
Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Cenarion Circle (US-Alliance)

Unread post by Cialbi »

@Kylah: You most assuredly didn't go overboard with screenshots; I've done way worse than that!
Also, a question: - would any of the following pets be acceptable to you? I'm not doing the rolls, but I figure it would be best to ask now (since they are listed as UD, for undead, on my spreadsheet)
ImageImage
AKA Nazthandol, in <Petopians> (US)

Cute doesn't need an explanation.
_____

Avatar by LupisDarkmoon, and image caption by Kurasu. Thanks!

Kylah
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Kylah »

That one isn't bad at all...he looks more mummified :lol: The boar isn't a personal favorite...something about those empty eye sockets throws me off :roll:

Kylah
Signature by me ^^

Siladria
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by Siladria »

Why not:
Name: Siladria
Exotics: Yes
Restrictions: No shale spiders. Can't stand the noise they make.
Kormai
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Kormai »

Kylah
Red Scorpid

Siladria
Red Ravager

This random roll brought to you by the colour red!

Siladria
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by Siladria »

Kormai wrote: Siladria
Red Ravager
My assignment...
Before the tame - I had a purple/green ravager, and had him out to say good bye (if i want him back, I will re-tame)
First Screenshot
First Screenshot
Before - say goodbye to purple.jpg (65.75 KiB) Viewed 3144 times
The red one is quite pretty. I had avoided it before since I am a little red-phobic, or something (comes from too much red with it being my sister and mom's fave colors).

Taming:
Taming - hellow to red.jpg
Taming - hellow to red.jpg (128.23 KiB) Viewed 3144 times
I named her after a red cactus fruit
Fighting Terrok (Rep Grinding)
Fighting Terrok.jpg
Fighting Terrok.jpg (148.39 KiB) Viewed 3144 times
Hanging out:
Hanging out.jpg
Hanging out.jpg (47.39 KiB) Viewed 3144 times
- Model - I am fond of the spikier ravagers, especially since i name mine after cactuses.
- Skin - This was my first red pet. My others are all green, purple, or white... + the flamingo. It's actually quite pretty. My only complaint is that the red default means it is less exciting when it becomes bestial wrathed.
- Animations - not super exciting, but good.
- Sound effects - ravagers are not too bad, there are pets i love with way worse noises (boars come to mind).
- Tanking ability - not the best tanking pet, at least, not when fighting your own level. It was great tanking while I rep grinded, though i only needed it for the "boss" rep stuff.
- DPS output - not as good as my spirit bear, but gives me more dps output (focus regen)
- Pet family abilities - I am fond of cunning pets. Since cata, they are on par with ferocity dps, since whatever you lose from their
- Utility - for me, the ravager is most likely to come out when raiding - because the group I raid with usually has everything but the physical damage vulnerability debuff. Others may not find it as useful. I like cunning pets more in SV spec, but they are still good in BM.

Rares I Have: Nuramoc , Arcturis, Loque'nahak, Ashtail