The best blue quote of the day

AdamSavage
Illustrious Master Hunter

The best blue quote of the day

Unread post by AdamSavage »

I was checking out the blue tracker and I caught this little gem.
Kaivax wrote:There are a lot of Blizzard employees that refer to their hunter as their main, by the way.
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Litlemouse
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Vashj, Whisperwind

Re: The best blue quote of the day

Unread post by Litlemouse »

Err... somehow I thought this thread got deleted, so I wrote down the URL to go to it :lol:
Silly me :P

AdamSavage

Unread post by AdamSavage »

Litlemouse wrote:Err... somehow I thought this thread got deleted, so I wrote down the URL to go to it :lol:
Silly me :P
It did, I got the link wrong the first time and so I removed the thread while I fixed it.
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Litlemouse
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Vashj, Whisperwind

Unread post by Litlemouse »

Ohh, yeah I was wondering if that's what happened. Of course by then I'd already gone to the site :P
But eh, don't want to derail. Continue on >.>

pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

yeah too bad employees not the developers.
Kurenio
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Ner'zhul

Unread post by Kurenio »

So that's we get all these things! go blizz employees fight the good fight!

My Characters
Signatures thanks to the amazing Sookie,Kuraine,
Rongar, Serenith and Me!
"Follow my heart, Follow my head, I'll follow anything to get to her heart."
12 hunters and 10 other classes being leveled.

pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Don't get me wrong, we are currently showered with awesome pets and I'm grateful for that.

But seems like the shiny pets no more than a distraction for hunters for actual real problems hunter facing; broken pvp viability as in worst in rbgs and arenas, removal of aggressive stance to the already weakest pvp class, pet spawning with 6k health, pet pathing, unreliable ccs etc, 2 specs that does not scale with weapons, poor focus regen as time spent to cast steady/focus shot only gives back meager focus as compared to rogues etc.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

here is the link. imho it is rather an insult to hunter's intellect and issues and really a blatant lie about blizz have hunter for main rather than really blizz like to play as hunter.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2721374792
meunkin
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by meunkin »

In the previous raid tier, hunters either completely dominate or are well-represented in the top 50 DPS amongst all fights in BOT, TOTFW, and BWD. They were largely considered to be the best DPS for the majority of the 4.0 patch.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/pla ... scent/dps/

Hunters continue to be prevalent in arenas and RBGs, appearing in over 10% of 2800+ teams (remember that there are 10 classes, making this an appropriate margin)

http://www.arenajunkies.com/rankings/3v ... ass_id3=-1

When you look at the actual representation of the class, not only are you overrepresented in terms of PvE DPS and appropriately represented in PvP, you get more special, class-only elements per patch than any other class.

If you are unhappy with the hunter class mechanics, though, I would suggest considering another class. Pet management, focus, multiple-but-less-easily-applied CC's are all part of the hunter kit, and things you will have to learn to deal with. I do, however, caution that you will most likely find limiting elements for every class.
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

meunkin wrote:If you are unhappy with the hunter class mechanics, though, I would suggest considering another class. Pet management, focus, multiple-but-less-easily-applied CC's are all part of the hunter kit, and things you will have to learn to deal with. I do, however, caution that you will most likely find limiting elements for every class.
^^
This.

There's a lot of freedom that hunters get that they don't even appreciate because they don't know what it's like to have to deal with silences like casters or run out of danger in melee range like the other physical classes. There are upsides and downsides to every class. Hunters have a lot of advantages and disadvantages; it's a question of whether it meshes with your preferred playstyle.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

"Run out of danger for melee classes"

This. This so, so, so, so much. Do you know how hard it is to effectively fight on a boss mob that will spam some sort of ability where you have to run out so you don't die? Or, take the green dragon fight in Icecrown. In my case, I was put on ghoul duty, but if scary, big things came out, I -had- to go for them. So I was constantly moving and switching targets, which was the difference between stacking points for Savage Roar or not.
Felidire
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary(A/H), Wyrmrest Accord(H)

Unread post by Felidire »

I don't do PvE with my hunter, but in PvP they're a wreckful force if they're geared and know what they're doing. Asides from stealth mechanic issues that rogues/druids have against enemy pets, hunters definitely have the most bugs.

|Felidire| - |Harkoa| - dA - |Kibblepaws| - |Tiril|
B/W: Feli // 0347 2599 7931

KutiePi

Unread post by KutiePi »

I have to agree, in PvP a good hunter eats face. Yes warriors and feral druids' constant charges are annoying but they do have CDs. Casters are another problem but they die fast just have to know what to interrupt and when. If your having trouble with PvP just do a few BGs or duel your friends and ask them do reenact some things that are giving you problems so you can practice your reactions to them. Yes it isn't real PvP but it's practice. Then once you feel ok with it go out and do some real battles and practice your timing. There are also a ton of website to help you with what you need. Good luck.

And GOD I CAN NOT PLAY MELEE! Lol I try and I try but god it's so annoying to have to run after EVERYTHING >_< And you take so much splash damage and if the tank is stupid and moves the boss the wrong way you eat bad spells in the face.
Aritria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary (H/A)

Unread post by Aritria »

Kaivax, you beautiful, wonderful, gorgeous GM you!
Aritria's Adventures in Azeroth or Otherwise

"A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song." - Lou Holtz

Sigs by the beautiful, talented Serenith, Kurenio, and Nili. Rock on, guys!
Avatars by Serenith, Sarah of Soaked, and other avatar artists.

The Pride of Nesingwary
Aritria, the Mother
Killasandra, the Daughter | Alessira, the Sister Adopted | Filomena, the Lover

pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

meunkin wrote:In the previous raid tier, hunters either completely dominate or are well-represented in the top 50 DPS amongst all fights in BOT, TOTFW, and BWD. They were largely considered to be the best DPS for the majority of the 4.0 patch.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/pla ... scent/dps/

Hunters continue to be prevalent in arenas and RBGs, appearing in over 10% of 2800+ teams (remember that there are 10 classes, making this an appropriate margin)

http://www.arenajunkies.com/rankings/3v ... ass_id3=-1

When you look at the actual representation of the class, not only are you overrepresented in terms of PvE DPS and appropriately represented in PvP, you get more special, class-only elements per patch than any other class.

If you are unhappy with the hunter class mechanics, though, I would suggest considering another class. Pet management, focus, multiple-but-less-easily-applied CC's are all part of the hunter kit, and things you will have to learn to deal with. I do, however, caution that you will most likely find limiting elements for every class.

wow this is probably the most ridiculous post I've ever read on petopia

and screw if we manage to be top tier dps for only about 3 months, dks is top dps since woltk. We were quickly nerfed after that and never got back since.

we have the LOWEST representation in top tiers rbgs and arenas; only 1%. Who care if the element is just a SHINY DISTRACTION if the pvp is broken.

I was happy with the hunter mechanic, the new change is stupid. I was managing pet fine as it was and the recent changes with the stance the one really irk people up.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

KutiePi wrote:I have to agree, in PvP a good hunter eats face. Yes warriors and feral druids' constant charges are annoying but they do have CDs. Casters are another problem but they die fast just have to know what to interrupt and when. If your having trouble with PvP just do a few BGs or duel your friends and ask them do reenact some things that are giving you problems so you can practice your reactions to them. Yes it isn't real PvP but it's practice. Then once you feel ok with it go out and do some real battles and practice your timing. There are also a ton of website to help you with what you need. Good luck.

And GOD I CAN NOT PLAY MELEE! Lol I try and I try but god it's so annoying to have to run after EVERYTHING >_< And you take so much splash damage and if the tank is stupid and moves the boss the wrong way you eat bad spells in the face.
Trust me Im very good at bg, but the stances changes were far from warranted.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Kalliope wrote:
meunkin wrote:If you are unhappy with the hunter class mechanics, though, I would suggest considering another class. Pet management, focus, multiple-but-less-easily-applied CC's are all part of the hunter kit, and things you will have to learn to deal with. I do, however, caution that you will most likely find limiting elements for every class.
^^
This.

There's a lot of freedom that hunters get that they don't even appreciate because they don't know what it's like to have to deal with silences like casters or run out of danger in melee range like the other physical classes. There are upsides and downsides to every class. Hunters have a lot of advantages and disadvantages; it's a question of whether it meshes with your preferred playstyle.

YOu never pvp have you? kill command can be silenced. It's not about preferred playstyle if our pvp is broken.
SgtMakkie
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Twisting Nether EU, Bloodhoof EU

Unread post by SgtMakkie »

oh my.... forgive me, but I'll ask to be sure... Are you saying hunter pvp is broken because someone can silence your Kill Command?

I do so hope I'm wrong....

SgtMakkie

Sig by Kamoodle

A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.

Everything in moderation. Even moderation.

pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

not just that, I'm just pointing out to an oblivious poster that never pvped that did not know that our traps and kill command can be silenced.

Our pvp is broken of a lot of reasons.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Kalliope wrote:
There's a lot of freedom that hunters get that they don't even appreciate because they don't know what it's like to have to deal with silences like casters or run out of danger in melee range like the other physical classes. .

this THIS. seriously this is why people think hunter's pvp is fine. we are actually affected by spell pen, spell resist, silence. We have the hybrid tax.