Taming the Cinderweb Broodling (Green Fire Spider)?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Taming the Cinderweb Broodling (Green Fire Spider)?

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

I know the green fire spiders (Cinderweb broodlings, I think?) are tamable as per an earlier report. But are they visible from the get-go or do you have to complete a certain number of quests before you can access them?

I want one of these, but I also want to steer clear of Firelands for at least a week or so while all the Leet Progression Raidarz get it out of their system. Was just curious if I could fly in, grab one, and bail or not.

Moderation note: The two threads on this topic have been merged to keep the info all in one place.
Last edited by Moderator on Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged threads & titles.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Re: Green firespider question

Unread post by Kalliope »

There are multiple groups of cinderweb broodlings; the ones you're after occasionally (randomly) spawn in groups in the Widow's Clutch. They'll run a lap around the area, then despawn. They look positively adorable in freeze traps, since they're critter-sized.

Unfortunately, it seems to just be dumb luck if the group spawns or not. In some ways, finding Kirix is easier. On the other hand, if you do find these babies, all you have to do is pull and tame. They have under 8k hp each, despite being level 85, so be careful.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

mmjauaww
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Bengal @ Dragonmaw EU

Unread post by mmjauaww »

Are you sure? I tried taming them on the PTR, they were not tameable (The small little green spiders that are spawned by the big)
Edit: Evidence of them being tameable.. See below
Last edited by mmjauaww on Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kalliope

There's a second type of mini green broodlings that spawns from a corpse in the southeast. Those are not tamable.

I didn't have a whole lot of luck finding the ones that were late in the PTR, so I can't say for certain that they weren't unflagged at some point.

YouTube Edition

mmjauaww
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Kalliope wrote:There's a second type of mini green broodlings that spawns from a corpse in the southeast. Those are not tamable.

I didn't have a whole lot of luck finding the ones that were late in the PTR, so I can't say for certain that they weren't unflagged at some point.
You were right, omg! They made them tameable :) http://i.imgur.com/i1qQu.jpg <- evidence of me taming one. Both good and bad news, now only two of the new spiders are unique skinned rares (Solix and Deth).
More info: http://i.imgur.com/WWG9E.jpg
Kalliope

Grats on finding them! :)

Honestly, I find Kirix to be easier to find than these guys, so I don't mind him being "cheapened" on that front. ;) Effort goes into tracking them down in the first place, so all works out. :)

YouTube Edition

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

Aah, I'm lazy and don't want to fight with a bazillion other hunters AND a gimmick tame in order to get the green 'skin'. XD

So I'm content with that. Now I just need to get to the point where i have -access- to the bloody firelands. I wish they hadn't made you finish the whole damn zone just to even get to them. :P

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Kalliope

It's not the whole zone! I just did this with my shammy on live. I didn't even finish the Tortolla line. Complete Aessina's Miracle and you're in. :)

YouTube Edition

Akyo
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Altar of storms

Unread post by Akyo »

as of now. these arent tameable >: just tried on a group. got denied

While this feature of the Grimtotem Spirit Guide wasn't exactly intended... - it will still be possible in future for everyone who wishes to tame this NPC to do so
Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Akyo wrote:as of now. these arent tameable >: just tried on a group. got denied

I did too, then I noticed the dead elf, so my hopes are still high for getting a little green guy. :mrgreen:

Monica Gems
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Monica Gems »

Those saying they got denied... there's a screen shot here of them being tamed. Are you SURE you're targeting the right spiders?
Akyo
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Akyo »

its the only group i saw that spawned. spawned a few times but othere times i dident reach em cause i was in combat.
they dident do a lap though. but hp and name is identical to those shown in the screenies. So i dont see why they would be different. of course i could be wrong and some groups that spawn can actually dont be tamed. i dont see the reason behind that though.

While this feature of the Grimtotem Spirit Guide wasn't exactly intended... - it will still be possible in future for everyone who wishes to tame this NPC to do so
Akyo
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Akyo »

Rawr wrote:
Akyo wrote:as of now. these arent tameable >: just tried on a group. got denied

I did too, then I noticed the dead elf, so my hopes are still high for getting a little green guy. :mrgreen:
I did not find the dead elf(either im blind or its hidden in a way). Got the exact cords by anny chance?

Akyo
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Akyo »

er. im blind. for some reason i read wrong and thought the ones from the dying elf where tameable, and those are the only ones ive seen so far. so still hunting for the random tameable skittering groups.
sorry the confusion

Fangz
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Greymane

cindeweb broodling?

Unread post by Fangz »

on wowhead people are saying this green spider is tamable is this true? and can someone post a quick guide on how to get?
Kalliope

Re: cindeweb broodling?

There are a few other threads that discuss this. :) Just do a quick forum search!

YouTube Edition

Fangz
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Fangz »

ok ty
Worba
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

Actually I think this was a valid question - yes it appears as tamable in the "what's new" thread, but over at wowhead it's still (as of this AM) listed as UN-tamable (although, as the OP noted, people are disputing that in the comments).

However I think a pic buried in the "show off your 4.2 tames" thread proves which is correct...

mmjauaww
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Seems like some of them are tameable and some are not :S These pictures are from PTR. I have encountered them twice, one they were untameable and once when they were tameable (Ones that spawn from a spider corpse werent tameable for me, but once i found them just running around, and those were tameable so just try your luck :)
Fangz
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Fangz »

ok ty