Kirix despawns?

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
Zuilu

Kirix despawns?

Unread post by Zuilu »

So tonight I was camping 7 hours for Kirix after I had Deth'tilac taken twice, once killed and once tamed after they distracted shotted off of me. Brought my haste pots, had NPC scan on, I was determined to get one pet after so many have been killed and taken the last two days. So Kirix spawns literally about 3 minutes before the server is going to restart..I frantically try to tame and die each time, waste all of my haste pots..I'm in the middle of taming when the server goes down...I try to calm down, no one else was around, he would still be there when they came up a few moments later..right? Wrong. I log back in and he is nowhere to be found. No one else was around, no hunters in the zone even, I know he wasn't tamed as I logged in the second the servers came up.

So to recap..
Saw Ban'thalos, had a hunter tame him before I could.
Saw Kraken, had a hunter tame him before I could.
Saw Skitter, someone tamed him before I could.
Saw Deth x1, was frantically trying to tame it until a draenei killed it.
Saw Kirix x1, someone else tamed it before me.
Saw Deth x2, someone else tamed it after they distracting shotted it off of me.
Saw Kirix x2, and the story I just told is what happened.

This patch has literally taken away all motivation to even play this game anymore, its completely opened my eyes to the kind of people I play the game with..I think I'm going to be quitting. :|
Kyria
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord & Nesingwary

Re: Kirix despawns?

Unread post by Kyria »

Rares are reset when the server resets or shuts down, so that isn't unheard of. D: I'm so, so sorry that happened to you. Please don't quit over it, though! There are still nice people on WRA, I promise, and other spawns to be had. Though I imagine that isn't very helpful at the moment...

Thanks to Vephriel for the beautiful signature! <3
Dragon Cave!

Zuilu

Unread post by Zuilu »

I had heard some people say they'll reset when the server goes down, but I really wasn't thinking about it at the time since people were even saying he'd still be there, but god..its so discouraging at the moment, I just want one pet..if I got Skarr, Kirix or Deth I'd pack up and never return to the Molten Front, but thats looking harder everyday. It just saddens me when I spend so much time trying to get something, only to have people come buy and kill it and then laugh. Maybe I'll do one more day of camping, and see how that goes..
Siliverin
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nazgrel, Nesingwary, Dalaran

Unread post by Siliverin »

*huugs* i know the feeling i been camping the 2 new sb cats and the server restart so now i have to start all over D:
Sig by Kurenio!
Anansi wrote:But OJC is just Old Jumper Cliff, a cranky old crazy guy who hops around making grunting noises to scare away children and small animals. Not sure if he's tamable, probably not.
Siliverin
Credit to Seilahyn and Kurenio for the avatars
Zuilu

Unread post by Zuilu »

Nope, I'm done pet camping...no one has any courtesy at all anymore. Its just "Oh, she's sitting there at a spoint, lets all fucking join her and kill the pet so she can't have it."
Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

Trolls (the bad kind) are everywhere, Zuilu. Can't avoid them unless you quit the Internet, really.
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

Zuilu

Unread post by Zuilu »

Browsing the internet isn't going to have people steal things from me. The only way I get that kind of trolling, ever, is from WoW.
Obito
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Icecrown

Unread post by Obito »

I’d be in support of taking a week off or so. That’s what I did the last time I got down right livid with another player. Was a light bulb moment, wait I’m supposed to be having fun and I wasn’t so I took a couple of weeks off. I’m way to addicted to quit ;) But I do know when it’s time to back away. Everything is shiny and new right now; it will calm down but stuff like this brings out the worse in players and if you’re lucky the best. Take care ~ Obi
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Oh Kirix, why are you such a tease with your late spawns? >_< I'm sorry that happened to you - hang in there! He's just....a pain sometimes. -_- Mr. 15 Minutes Left in the Restart....*pokes Kirix*

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Zuilu

Unread post by Zuilu »

I think I may have to take a couple weeks off-- its just so discouraging and honestly frustrating. I decided to try one more day of Deth camping since I knew her last spawn--wish me luck..if not I'll be taking a break. >_<
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Dante sends hugs and much luck!!! <3

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Zuilu

Unread post by Zuilu »

Whenever I see the scorpids now I think of Dante.. :p
Worba
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

Zuilu wrote:So tonight I was camping 7 hours for Kirix after I had Deth'tilac taken twice, once killed and once tamed after they distracted shotted off of me. Brought my haste pots, had NPC scan on, I was determined to get one pet after so many have been killed and taken the last two days. So Kirix spawns literally about 3 minutes before the server is going to restart..I frantically try to tame and die each time, waste all of my haste pots..I'm in the middle of taming when the server goes down...I try to calm down, no one else was around, he would still be there when they came up a few moments later..right? Wrong. I log back in and he is nowhere to be found. No one else was around, no hunters in the zone even, I know he wasn't tamed as I logged in the second the servers came up.

So to recap..
Saw Ban'thalos, had a hunter tame him before I could.
Saw Kraken, had a hunter tame him before I could.
Saw Skitter, someone tamed him before I could.
Saw Deth x1, was frantically trying to tame it until a draenei killed it.
Saw Kirix x1, someone else tamed it before me.
Saw Deth x2, someone else tamed it after they distracting shotted it off of me.
Saw Kirix x2, and the story I just told is what happened.

This patch has literally taken away all motivation to even play this game anymore, its completely opened my eyes to the kind of people I play the game with..I think I'm going to be quitting. :|
Ugh. Sorry to hear you went through that Zuilu, but I have to say... that was pretty much exactly how I was expecting it to be. That's how it was on the last night before Cata, when the elemental bosses were on LFG all night (instead of just for an hour here and there) and practically everyone was being a ninja trying to get their ilvl 251s before the event closed down. Hopefully things will calm down somewhat in the weeks and months ahead.
Zuilu

Unread post by Zuilu »

Nope, I'm done..the same hunter who killed her the other night showed up with her friend, who has tamed Deth'tilac. So the friend had Deth out the entire time so that we couldnt use NPC scan. He kept leaving, waiting for us to reset the cache, and then coming back to trigger again. I've cancelled my subscription for now as Blizzard won't resolve the issue..who knows if I'll bother coming back.
KutiePi

Unread post by KutiePi »

I feel for you, the son of a gnome who kept killing my Deth tames finally got him today when I decided to go out with my husband to enjoy ourselves for Canada Day and put this terrible pet camping/harassment behind us (it was bad, like same fraction alt smack talk, camping with 3+ people, Mind Control/Hex/Frost Trap annoyance with out killing). It was tough to just step away but we decided we really needed it as the harassment was really getting to us. But nothing pissed me off more then when I saw that. I mean every time I waited non-stop and tried to tame him, that leper gnome just kept messing it up and even for other hunters with other pets. He deserves nothing really, and to top it off the other same fraction hunters were less then helpful. They would openly recruit/offer gold for protection while at the same time sucking up to the opposite fraction for the tames. It was a disgusting sight. And yes the leper gnome messed their tames up too but they did still suck up to him and his friends as if it mattered pretending the people they asked for help from to kill them weren't with them...seriously.

There are terrible terrible people that play this game and instead of it being a treat for hunters this patch it feels more like a curse. It doesn't feel like a game sometimes but just self flagellation to keep playing though all this and keep coming back for more just because of a digital skin that looks pretty. I really hope Blizzard does something to fix this sort of terrorizing on not just hunters but other players as well or they really are going to lose quite a few players. I know there are tons of people who threaten to leave because of nerfs and stuff but of the people who do actually leave that I personally know it's usually because of the social interactions and not gameplay. The ones who did leave because of gameplay or content usually come back when they see something promising but the ones who left because of abuse don't. They actually have had really negative responses to even the slightest hints of playing again. Cyber-bulling effects?

I don't know but it makes me so sad to see nice people be jerked off like that, and to be messed with personally as well.

TLDR: Just a rant that's been building up inside me nothing important feel free to skip or ignore if you wish. (Replaced as many swears as I could with choice words lol Draenei eat gnomes heh)
Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Unread post by Sasrei »

I am sorry :( Some people are the most ignorant jerks, and I really wish that GMs would crack down the whip on obvious griefing. I know they aere busy developing and stuff, but why not employ people who do thinks just with tickets and griefing.. and we dont know if anything gets done, and noone else does either. But if people thought that they could get banned, ill be alot less people would be doing that. I personally want to see the rare instantly kill someone who goes to try and kill it while its being tamed. Its not OP. The rare is tagged youll get nothing anyways.

But with DS atleast, the hunter cant pull of agro right off the bat. Hed have to be doing alot of damage to beat you in agro.. but ignorant hunters need to knock it off. Heck I saw Skarr, saw a hunter sitting there eating.. obviously died. I could have went but you know.. he was there first, so id let him have another try.

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

Zuilu

Unread post by Zuilu »

KutiePi wrote:I feel for you, the son of a gnome who kept killing my Deth tames finally got him today when I decided to go out with my husband to enjoy ourselves for Canada Day and put this terrible pet camping/harassment behind us (it was bad, like same fraction alt smack talk, camping with 3+ people, Mind Control/Hex/Frost Trap annoyance with out killing). It was tough to just step away but we decided we really needed it as the harassment was really getting to us. But nothing pissed me off more then when I saw that. I mean every time I waited non-stop and tried to tame him, that leper gnome just kept messing it up and even for other hunters with other pets. He deserves nothing really, and to top it off the other same fraction hunters were less then helpful. They would openly recruit/offer gold for protection while at the same time sucking up to the opposite fraction for the tames. It was a disgusting sight. And yes the leper gnome messed their tames up too but they did still suck up to him and his friends as if it mattered pretending the people they asked for help from to kill them weren't with them...seriously.

There are terrible terrible people that play this game and instead of it being a treat for hunters this patch it feels more like a curse. It doesn't feel like a game sometimes but just self flagellation to keep playing though all this and keep coming back for more just because of a digital skin that looks pretty. I really hope Blizzard does something to fix this sort of terrorizing on not just hunters but other players as well or they really are going to lose quite a few players. I know there are tons of people who threaten to leave because of nerfs and stuff but of the people who do actually leave that I personally know it's usually because of the social interactions and not gameplay. The ones who did leave because of gameplay or content usually come back when they see something promising but the ones who left because of abuse don't. They actually have had really negative responses to even the slightest hints of playing again. Cyber-bulling effects?

I don't know but it makes me so sad to see nice people be jerked off like that, and to be messed with personally as well.

TLDR: Just a rant that's been building up inside me nothing important feel free to skip or ignore if you wish. (Replaced as many swears as I could with choice words lol Draenei eat gnomes heh)
That sounds remarkably close to what wound up happening to me :\ I wound up speaking to the dwarf friend with Deth after I left the camp spot, because someone else had been there at the camp spot for hours before him, who was intending to help me, but would tame Deth since I left. He said we should grow up and grow a pair and learn how to take it because we were bad people for reporting his draenei friend and that we were in the wrong. I was baffled because I actually helped this person earlier, I saw him at Skarr's point, let him know when it last spawned, and left him alone. Completely. I'm astonished people backstab so much.
Jatbirkkal
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Moonguard

Unread post by Jatbirkkal »

Not suprised, human nature is a terrible thing.

Thanks to Vephriel for this awsome sig

"One day, this Hydra WILL be mine! I hope"- Me, before hydras were tameable.

This lovely Shale Spider used as my Avatar is made by Lupis <3