Ugliest hunter weapons?..

Slickrock
Illustrious Master Hunter

Ugliest hunter weapons?..

Unread post by Slickrock »

So, I picked up the Lavabolt Crossbow from the AH today for 15k, and after using it, confirmed that it must be the Ugliest hunter weapon of all time. Second ugliest would be the old chicken-on-a-stick, if any of you have been around long enough to remember that. So... let's hear your list of ugliest hunter weapons. SSs if you got em.

That xbow is ugly... the bottom of the model isn't even textured.. it looks like a fire-sea-cucumber on a stick...
Account has been closed at user's request.
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Re: Ugliest hunter weapons?..

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

Slickrock wrote:That xbow is ugly... the bottom of the model isn't even textured.. it looks like a fire-sea-cucumber on a stick...
Great, now all I see is a firey sea cucumber on a skewer, wedged between two planks of balsa wood. What has been seen cannot be UNSEEN.
Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

:lol: omg a firey sea cucumber on a skewer, thats friggin epic rofl (i totally agree tho, its a hideous weapon)

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Worba
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

So I'm not the only one! Of course, I figured I wouldn't like the weapons from this patch, as I expected everything would be drenched in flames.

As for ugly guns, this one immediately came to mind:
Although it IS a bad-ass kind of ugly. :)

@Worba: Aww, that one's not so bad. *hugs long gun*
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

I actually quite like the last 2 posted. The long gun reminds me of the ray gun from Nazi Zombies, and I just love the look of the skull one.

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
erwil
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by erwil »

Hrrrrrgh, the Lavabolt Crossbow (bang bang) and Arbalest take the prize of ugliest weapons in cata for me. And I'm also surprised you managed to get it for so cheap. It goes for almost 40k on my server. Arathar however, is a beauty. *grabby hands*
Worba
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

GormanGhaste wrote:So I'm not the only one! Of course, I figured I wouldn't like the weapons from this patch, as I expected everything would be drenched in flames.

As for ugly guns, this one immediately came to mind:
Although it IS a bad-ass kind of ugly. :)

@Worba: Aww, that one's not so bad. *hugs long gun*
Wat. The pearl handled "rifle" is the bastard offspring of a pistol and a hair dryer.
Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Frostwolf, Blackwater Raiders

Unread post by Aeladrine »

I think I kind of like the first one posted. Especially if you'er running around with Dante/Black Maddexx. I think it looks like a scorpid!(:
• Aela's Pet Journal

Totally fantastic avatars and signatures by Sookie, Nili, Serenith, and Kurenio.
Tumblr || Deviantart || WoW RP Blog

Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

Mandokir's Tribute-you get it as a quest reward from ZG or ZA, can't recall which. Tis all I have at the moment (have not yet gotten into a FL trash run even yet).

It and the bear shoulder pads I got a bit ago... I'm slightly disturbed by both.

It is pretty enough I guess-but I feel weird walking around with a giant cobra in my hand.
Bonita
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind (A), Nesingwary (H),

Unread post by Bonita »

Slickrock wrote:So, I picked up the Lavabolt Crossbow from the AH today for 15k, and after using it, confirmed that it must be the Ugliest hunter weapon of all time.
Only 15k? God I hate my realm! its on the ah for like 45k right now.
(I don't want it just hate seeing that other realms aren't crap with their ahs lol)

Sig made by Iggypuff
Credit to Sookie, Kurenio, Thorka and Karin for the amazing sigs they made me and Kurenio, Thorka and Seilahyn for the awesome avatars.
Flight Rising!

Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

Zmoni wrote:
Slickrock wrote:So, I picked up the Lavabolt Crossbow from the AH today for 15k, and after using it, confirmed that it must be the Ugliest hunter weapon of all time.
Only 15k? God I hate my realm! its on the ah for like 45k right now.
(I don't want it just hate seeing that other realms aren't crap with their ahs lol)
Don't feel too bad, I got lucky. The going price is currently 36k, with one listed. The polarm (first one I've seen, is going for 64k).

I just checked Ally side, and the xbow is going for 60k, and the polearm is going for 50k.

I have the gold to get the polearm, but that's too much. First one I see for 30k or under is mine...

Edit: And continuing the derail the polearm is probably a bigger upgrade than the xbow, assuming you have 359 for each already..
Account has been closed at user's request.
Monica Gems
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Monica Gems »

How'd you get that snake bow as a quest reward?? I had to kill the last boss in ZG 6 or 7 times and get it as a drop o_O

Can I nominate the agi staff off that same boss? It looks like a failed art project from a pre school kid.
Magli
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moonrunner

Unread post by Magli »

Yeah, that staff looks like a lollipop. Enchant it and it's a big glowing lollipop.

A hunter in my guild's other raid team had the crossbow *and* the polearm drop for her last week. All I've been seeing is strength drops. And the lowest price I've seen for the crossbow on the AH was a 50k buyout; most have been in the 70-80k range. /cry

Thanks to Kurenio for the signature!

It was believed afterward that the man was a lunatic, because there was no sense in what he said.