Petopia Corrections - Current Patch Only

Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Re: Petopia Corrections - Current Patch Only

Unread post by Shade »

Originally posted under taming stories-but I've deleted my post to post it here.

I was flying around, looking for Gondria when my NPCScan went off, alerting on Terror Spinner. I thought about it for a moment and decided on taming.

As I didn't know much on this guy I looked him up on Petopia-and found that he is labeled as a level 80 creature?

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Thanks :) This one was actually reported a page or so back, and the corrected database has been submitted to Mania. It's just not live yet :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Acherontia »

Not sure if it's been reported, but the Tirisfal Bear apparently ranges in level. I'm currently looking at a level 84, so I'm guessing it ranges from 82-84 or even -85.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Acherontia wrote:Not sure if it's been reported, but the Tirisfal Bear apparently ranges in level. I'm currently looking at a level 84, so I'm guessing it ranges from 82-84 or even -85.
Wowhead actually just says "81" (no range), so it looks like their data are completely out of date. We'll have to get the range on this one ourselves. So Acherontia's sen it at 84 (as has one commenter on Wowhead). Has anyone seen other levels? :)
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Just checked it, mine was 81:
The fey dragons at the fairy ring are level 80-85, so maybe the bear is as well?
Makoes
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

Skarr's links to wowhead and thottbot on the site go to an npc in feralas, not to the kitty in firelands.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Makoes wrote:Skarr's links to wowhead and thottbot on the site go to an npc in feralas, not to the kitty in firelands.
Thanks. Skarr doesn't appear to have an NPC id on Petopia yet, so it's sending a text search to Wowhead instead. That should be fixed soon I hope.
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Acherontia »

Cinderweb Spiderlings (using the new orange spider model, I think) aren't listed. They are not tameable; they're summoned when the player is injected with "Parasitic Infection" by the green, untameable Cinderweb Clutchkeepers at The Widow's Clutch in the Molten Front.

Looking at it, there may be more than one mob with this name, just a heads-up.

(Edit--updated color, added screenshot. I THINK they're "orange"-skinned, but they might be red.)
Attachments
Spiderlings.png
Spiderlings.png (239.2 KiB) Viewed 2064 times
Wassa
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Wassa »

The Diseased Young Wolves in Elwynn got better with the patch. http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic ... 3&p=273571

A rare visitor to this forum now that I don't play WoW anymore, but forever a Petopian.

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

@Ach, that's definitely orange, yes. :)

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Wassa
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Wassa »

Well, I was bored and was browsing petopia seeing so many ghostly spirit beasts with grey backgrounds that do not match the site. So I decided to make them with the light green backgrounds to match. Lots of editting the photos but still trying to keep the look of the beasts. Some of the particle effects are lost due to the light background but best I can do. Feel free to use these Mania and tell me if something doesn't look right and I can try to fix it.

EDIT: Fixed error in owlghost_green picture.

Owlghost_green.PNG
Owlghost_green.PNG (194.89 KiB) Viewed 2064 times
SpectralTigerBlue42.PNG
SpectralTigerBlue42.PNG (151.85 KiB) Viewed 2064 times
SpectralTigerGreen42.PNG
SpectralTigerGreen42.PNG (166.41 KiB) Viewed 2064 times
SpectralTigerPurple.PNG
SpectralTigerPurple.PNG (161.74 KiB) Viewed 2064 times
I'll finish Ghostcrawler and Arcturis later.[/color]
Last edited by Wassa on Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A rare visitor to this forum now that I don't play WoW anymore, but forever a Petopian.

Wassa
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Wassa »

And the other two. Again, particle effects are lost to the light background.

Deepseacrab_ghost.PNG
Deepseacrab_ghost.PNG (132.56 KiB) Viewed 2064 times
Spectralbear.PNG
Spectralbear.PNG (160.64 KiB) Viewed 2064 times

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Actually, some of them did have that background originally but were changed to grey simply because they either look too faint or just don't look much like the in-game beast against the light green :(

You're right though, the grey backgrounds definitely look out of place.

Spiritbinder and I were talking about it the other day and were wondering about better ways of depicting them that would allow a dark background but maybe fade into the light background colour so it looks more natural. We haven't experimented with it yet, though.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Acherontia wrote:Cinderweb Spiderlings (using the new orange spider model, I think) aren't listed. They are not tameable; they're summoned when the player is injected with "Parasitic Infection" by the green, untameable Cinderweb Clutchkeepers at The Widow's Clutch in the Molten Front.

Looking at it, there may be more than one mob with this name, just a heads-up.

(Edit--updated color, added screenshot. I THINK they're "orange"-skinned, but they might be red.)
Thanks, they're definitely orange and I added some notes about them on Wowhead too. There are 3 spiders with this name, all untameable. This orange one is in Molten Front. The other two are red and occur in the Firelands raid.

I'll update the Petopia page when I get a fresh spreadsheet from Mania :) And add stuff about the two green broodling versions too.
Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

Dunno if anyone else has pointed this out, but on Petopia, it says that the Cinderweb Broodlings are not tameable. I can say that they are, BUT there are two different packs of them.

Cinderweb Broodling 1 are not tameable. They spawn from a Hyjal Scout who periodically wanders up into the Widow's Clutch, says "I don't feel so good," asks for help and falls over. The spiders spawn, and despawn 30 seconds or so later.

Cinderweb Broodling 2 are tameable. These spawn and quickly patrol through the Widow's Clutch to the nest area near the center, despawning shortly after.

In size, group size, color, model, level and HP, these spiders appear identical. Their NPC IDs and tameability are the only differences.

The tameable ones probably have some trigger we don't know about yet; sometimes they seem common, and other times a full day can go by without them being spotted. They are potentially related to a daily quest.

This means there are two tameable green lava spiders right now, these and Kirix, both unreliable spawns (considering our current knowledge)--and one "red herring."

Battlenet: Nick#115610
|| Tumblr || Flight Rising || Twitter ||

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Harpier wrote:Dunno if anyone else has pointed this out, but on Petopia, it says that the Cinderweb Broodlings are not tameable. I can say that they are, BUT there are two different packs of them.

Cinderweb Broodling 1 are not tameable. They spawn from a Hyjal Scout who periodically wanders up into the Widow's Clutch, says "I don't feel so good," asks for help and falls over. The spiders spawn, and despawn 30 seconds or so later.

Cinderweb Broodling 2 are tameable. These spawn and quickly patrol through the Widow's Clutch to the nest area near the center, despawning shortly after.

In size, group size, color, model, level and HP, these spiders appear identical. Their NPC IDs and tameability are the only differences.

The tameable ones probably have some trigger we don't know about yet; sometimes they seem common, and other times a full day can go by without them being spotted. They are potentially related to a daily quest.

This means there are two tameable green lava spiders right now, these and Kirix, both unreliable spawns (considering our current knowledge)--and one "red herring."
Yeah, there's a big thread about it on here. Nobody knows the pattern yet. I've asked Noah if he can say anything, and if the current untameable ones are meant to be untameable given they're otherwise just like the others :)
Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

Wain wrote:Yeah, there's a big thread about it on here. Nobody knows the pattern yet. I've asked Noah if he can say anything, and if the current untameable ones are meant to be untameable given they're otherwise just like the others :)
Alrighty, making sure. I was slightly confused for a moment when I beast lore'd the spider I tamed and then looked at Petopia to see that the data was wrong because I beast lore'd one of the untameable ones earlier and was all "...what."

Battlenet: Nick#115610
|| Tumblr || Flight Rising || Twitter ||

Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

Jaw Lock, in the 'techs' section, is labeled as being an 'instant'. It is, like Pin, a 'channeled'. I *wish* a dog could lock the enemy in place for 4 seconds without channeling it, but sadly it's not the case. :(
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Also adding: Cinderweb Spinners are listed as Firelands when they're actually in Molten Front.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Typo in Ankha's name. On the site it's spelled Anhka.