Anyone else dislike...

Bodhran
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Alexstrasza

Anyone else dislike...

Unread post by Bodhran »

When you are in a grp or raid and people called you by your class?

Hey Hunter do this. Warrior go over there. Etc.

I mean hey at least shorten my name and or such. Ugh I really hate being referred to by my class.

What is you $0.02?

ImageImage
ImageImage

Hunter:
-Hunters now earn Valor Points when they are effectively Vote Kicked from a Dungeon Finder group.
-Ettin’s Grip (new talent) allows the hunter to equip two ranged weapons simultaneously.

Dream skins to tame:
Fandral Staghelm Fire Cat Form. Kor'kron War/Veteran/Warbringer of the Horde PVP wolf mount. Xuen/Litter of Xuen! Legion Wolf Boss.
Nubhorns
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: WrA

Re: Anyone else dislike...

Unread post by Nubhorns »

The only time I mind it is when there's another hunter in the group. I rarely have issues with it, though, since Veeka's name is fairly short and I go by 'V' just as often as anything else. I've noticed that in most dungeons if I ask "You want any CC for this pull?" or "Does everyone know the fight?" the tank is usually much clearer about where he wants whoever to go. "Bob trap the X, Veeka trap square, burst skull down, etc.".

On my druid, I have yet to be called by my class. One thing with her, though, is that people can't spell 'Roane' to save their lives. Roon, Raone, Rone, I've heard it all and she's only 27 or so. It's crazy. @_@

|| deviantART || armory || magistream ||

CrystalKitten
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Llane, Nesingwary

Unread post by CrystalKitten »

I don't mind so much either.

I TOTALLY get the mis-spelling of names though.... My mage's name is Kariin.... And I get called Karlin ALL the time... or other variations... :(I like her name.. I might even re-use it on my hunter's server with an alt sometime... Just wish people could get it right, heh.
Thanks to TankPerson for the sig!
My Dragon Cave
Nubhorns
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: WrA

Unread post by Nubhorns »

CrystalKitten wrote:I don't mind so much either.

I TOTALLY get the mis-spelling of names though.... My mage's name is Kariin.... And I get called Karlin ALL the time... or other variations... :(I like her name.. I might even re-use it on my hunter's server with an alt sometime... Just wish people could get it right, heh.
Karlin is a pretty sweet name too, though! Might have to steal that for a pet. :P

For some reason Raone seems to be the most frequent, which I can sort of understand - I have no idea how people get Roon/Roone etc. I don't really mind being called 'cat' either, as long as I'm the only kitty druid in the group. I can tell well enough what they mean, and I don't think they do it out of disrespect. :)

|| deviantART || armory || magistream ||

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

I'm mostly called Huntard, soo...

Kidding, of course. Typically people get Rassaa right, though sometimes it's shortened to Rass or spelled Rassa/Rasaa/Rasa. I definitely prefer it over "Hunter."

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

I don't really care. Guildies I know rarely call me Druid, and it's always Azu or Azukitty or kitty, or even the kid, since I'm young, and my parents are in the guild.

I don't care if I'm called druid or not, but since we have four of them in our raid at once typically (We're a very druid/pally heavy guild. Thankfully, it's a very mixed assortment. xD), calling someone druid is like shouting the name "Joe!" and a convention of guys named Joe. You're going to get a lot of replies.
Cerele
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Hellscream

Unread post by Cerele »

Bodhran wrote:When you are in a grp or raid and people called you by your class?

Hey Hunter do this. Warrior go over there. Etc.

I mean hey at least shorten my name and or such. Ugh I really hate being referred to by my class.

What is you $0.02?

i dont mind it, i am a hunter. the only time it bothers me is when there are two hunters. I'm sorry bod but sometimes its easier (in combat for examlpe) to yell out a persons class rather than Oberleethuntermicsnipesalot. but then some cases where someones name is Feldra and a Felanthria and when you say "FEL MOVE" both will run... its confusing either way but when leading a raid its a hell of a lot easier to call out classes

edit: Heck in groups people call me cereal because its easier to think of rather than cerele. its second nature to me but my name reminds them of something a tad easier to remember rather than a new name.... and some guy in my old guild made a toon Cereye ohh my god the confusion on that...

signature thanks to Kurieno
twilightsky
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Auchindoun, Terenas

Unread post by twilightsky »

i dont like it but i can put up with it. The only time i won't put up with it is when i'm in a guild grp and they call me by my class i mean.. it's a guild grp i don't expect to be treated the same way i would get treated by randomers that i probably won't see again by some guy who is gonna have to get to know us and function with the rest of us :/
Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Unread post by Sasrei »

Last time I was called hunter I told my guildie I had a name :lol: or I have fun with it

"hey hunter trap square"
"didnt we just kick a guy named hunter? I dont see anyone named hunter here"

or
"im a ranger baby, texas ranger"

"wait.. does blue mean hunter or green? I forget color classes.."

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

Lotusii
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary/Argent Dawn

Unread post by Lotusii »

I don't like it but I've always tolerated it, though usually they call my shaman "Lot" my druid or hunter "Aj" or things like that. It's kinda annoying but I don't see it as a big deal because more than 3/4 of the people who would call me by my class I'll never see again.
Sig by the AMAZING Sookie.
Ijomi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Ijomi »

:lol: It's not a peeve of mine, and it's happened....and on my druid, I actually prefer to hear the varieties of "boomchicken" groups come up with.

Let me give Runty a good home. :hug:
Flight Rising!
deviantART!

Monica Gems
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Monica Gems »

Tig is shorter than Sham(an)
Dem is shorter than priest
Mum is shorter than hunter
Ox is shorter than pally
Von is shorter than rogue

So, at least for my names, it's be faster for these people to just shorten my name. someone used my hunter's whole name in a dungeon the other day. I was totally floored. I thanked the guy.
Novikova
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

It's a bit obnoxious, especially if they go 'hunter trap' or 'hunter shoot mob'. It's like Uh. Novi is shorter and furthermore...
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Klakk
Realm: Steamwheedle Cartel

Unread post by Klakk »

Doesn't bother me in the least. I find it very helpful in PUGs, as I rarely care to learn the name of Pwntyurmom-Dalvengyr the Warrior tank. All I see is a brown dot on the mini map. The name is made up, but fairly typical.

Curiously, I do pay attention to the server name. If the server name starts with a D, and they are tanking or healing, it's time to cut your losses and quit the group. If they are DPSing, it's ok as long as you can make up for what they aren't bringing to the table and are not asking them to CC something or operate a level. Something about the D's just attracts failures like moths to the flame.

In a guild group... I don't think it has ever come up.
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

Like some others, I don't mind as long as there's not 2 hunters. After all I do the same. I don't even look at the tank and heal class in random 5 mans, they're just "tank" and "heals." :)
Airwyn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Scarlet Crusade (A)

Unread post by Airwyn »

Yeah really as long as i'm the only hunter I dont mind. I usually get things like Air or i've had Airw in my last guild I thought it was an odd letter to pick instead of going just for Air :P Lately in the dungeons no one says anything, ever. Unless we wipe or someone made a mistake. So they just put the blue box up, I run over and trap launcher, trap it. No words exchanged. Occasionally people will call out, hey hunter can you trap this or kite X mob? I usually try to just shorten their name if it's long or I have just said "Mage" or "Tank" before.

Airwyn on Scarlet Crusade US

Amazing sig made by Ashaine! Thank you!

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Monica Gems wrote:So it's faster for these people to just shorten my name.
They could just shorten hunter and call us Hun. :)
Wassa
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Wassa »

I really don't mind being called by my class.

What I hate is being called a huntard for no reason other than people think all hunters are idiots.

A rare visitor to this forum now that I don't play WoW anymore, but forever a Petopian.

Tsiya
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Tsiya »

GormanGhaste wrote:
Monica Gems wrote:So it's faster for these people to just shorten my name.
They could just shorten hunter and call us Hun. :)
As in Attila the Hun, tyvm!

My pets - My companions

Sig by Sookie!

Slapperfish

(deleted)

Unread post by Slapperfish »

(deleted)
Last edited by Slapperfish on Sun May 09, 2021 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.