An explanation.

Use this forum to chat about the various incarnations of the forum-based guilds.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Message
Author
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Posts: 3485
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:38 pm
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Gender: Wink wink.
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!
Contact:

An explanation.

#1 Unread post by Ryno » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:07 pm

A few days ago, I was told that most of the officers in <Petopians> US decided that I wasn't on too much, and that someone else should be promoted to the guildmaster position. Most of them had voted Ikutai (Steampunk) for this position (I later found out it wasn't most, but a handful, from what I can tell). So I logged in shortly after finding out, and talked to Ikutai. He said he'd be happy to be the guildleader. I, however, wasn't keen on giving up the guildleader position, as I enjoyed leading it and planned to in the future. I then proposed Ikutai be promoted to a Priest rank, which has almost all the powers of a guildmaster. He agreed.

After doing so, a flood of private messages came to me on the forum. They ranged from "Aw, I think this is a nice idea. Great job!" to "Seriously? What?" Regardless of the reactions, I thought the promotion was a good idea, and that it would take the guild in a better direction.

Later, there was a bit of drama that involved Siliverin, ending up with her leaving the guild. Seeing screenshots of how Ikutai handled talking to Sili about it, I decided I didn't like how it was handled, and demoted him to an officer again. I reinvited Sili and promoted her to an officer once more.

After this happened, Ikutai told me he planned to leave WoW, as there were too many people in the guild negatively targeting him for whatever reasons.

I hope this clears up everything. I'm sorry it was handled poorly.
Last edited by Ryno on Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Image


User avatar
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 14062
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:40 am
Realm: Dethecus
Location: Thedas
Contact:

Re: An explanation.

#2 Unread post by Kalliope » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:10 pm

:hug: Ryno!

Image
Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!


User avatar
Tsiya
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Posts: 410
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:13 am
Realm: Nesingwary
Gender: female

Re: An explanation.

#3 Unread post by Tsiya » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:16 pm

:hug: Sorry we're so much tribbles! Thanks for leading the band.

My pets - My companions

Image

Sig by Sookie!


User avatar
Jelani
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Posts: 1218
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:02 am
Realm: Nesingwary
Gender: Female

Re: An explanation.

#4 Unread post by Jelani » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:16 pm

*nods* Thanks for explaining it Ryno :)

YAY! Flight Rising! Rawr!


User avatar
Mozag
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 3559
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:19 am
Realm: Several on EU.
Gender: Female.
Location: Finn in Croatia.

Re: An explanation.

#5 Unread post by Mozag » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:17 pm

As an outsider who desperately wishes she could play on US realms and join you, I want to say that your leadership seems phenomenal Ryno. While issues like this are bound to happen now and then, your explanation and honesty of the situation have impressed me. I've seen a lot of negativity over the past few weeks on the forums, and as I don't belong to the guild, and am not in PM contact with anyone from there, I have had no idea what's been happening, and why there is so much drama. It's nice to see these issues addressed, and I hope it goes some way towards promoting that guild spirit which abounds on this forum, and which is nice to witness even when one is not able to experience it.

Kudos.

Image

Many thanks to Ashaine and Kurenio for the beautiful signature and avatar!


User avatar
AdamSavage
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 4474
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:42 pm

Re: An explanation.

#6 Unread post by AdamSavage » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:39 pm

I think you handled it very reasonable. I'm not part of the guild, but based on what I've heard plus what you mentioned just now, I think it went well in the end.
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Image

User avatar
Royi
 
Posts: 3688
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:08 pm
Realm: Ysera
Location: Under a Rock

Re: An explanation.

#7 Unread post by Royi » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:41 pm

Sorry to hear that Ryno. Even though my time with Petopians personally was short, I thought you were a good GM.

Things like this happen to all guilds at times, from small friends and family guilds, to larger raiding guilds, to everything in between.

Good luck to ye'
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~

User avatar
sallysquish
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon May 16, 2011 12:47 am
Realm: Nesingwary, Eldre Thalas
Location: Norcal

Re: An explanation.

#8 Unread post by sallysquish » Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:34 pm

Thanks Ryno! These situations are never easy and it can be difficult to know when to be public about it. Now we can all stop trying to figure out what happened and go back to the supportive goofiness we excel at. <3

User avatar
Sarayana
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 4685
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:34 am
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Re: An explanation.

#9 Unread post by Sarayana » Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:36 pm

I agree with Royi, I think you're an awesome GM Ryno. :hug:

Guilds always go through rough times now and again, and somehow, they almost always manage to come out alright on the other side. :)

Image
Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3


User avatar
Ikutai
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Posts: 440
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:21 pm
Realm: Nesingwary
Gender: Goblin in real life
Location: Auction House

Re: An explanation.

#10 Unread post by Ikutai » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:26 pm

I would like to point out that I DID NOT kick Siliverin. She quit. If you're going to state things, do it accurately.

Image

"The days are short, and are too soon over. The nights, for good or bad, can seem endless." - Neil Gaiman

Signature by the illustrious Saturo

Avatar by the amazing Moonlost

"Steps 3 through 47: Profit!" - Steampunk of Nesingwary


User avatar
Zinagaro
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Posts: 126
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:39 am

Re: An explanation.

#11 Unread post by Zinagaro » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:36 pm

Ryno wrote:A few days ago, I was told that most of the officers in <Petopians> US decided that I wasn't on too much, and that someone else should be promoted to the guildmaster position. Most of them had voted Ikutai (Steampunk) for this position (I later found out it wasn't most, but a handful, from what I can tell). So I logged in shortly after finding out, and talked to Ikutai. He said he'd be happy to be the guildleader. I, however, wasn't keen on giving up the guildleader position, as I enjoyed leading it and planned to in the future. I then proposed Ikutai be promoted to a Priest rank, which has almost all the powers of a guildmaster. He agreed.

After doing so, a flood of private messages came to me on the forum. They ranged from "Aw, I think this is a nice idea. Great job!" to "Seriously? What?" Regardless of the reactions, I thought the promotion was a good idea, and that it would take the guild in a better direction.

Later, there was a bit of drama that involved Siliverin, ending up with her kicked out of the guild. Seeing screenshots of how Ikutai handled kicking Sili out, I decided I didn't like how it was handled, and demoted him to an officer again. I re-invited Sili and promoted her to an officer once more.

After this happened, Ikutai told me he planned to leave WoW, as there were too many people in the guild negatively targeting him for whatever reasons.

I hope this clears up everything. I'm sorry it was handled poorly.
No, Siliverin was not kicked. She left of her own accord after I had left and told her a few personal opinions. In all honesty, you are never around when we need a GuildMaster too be. You get things so backwards its almost hilarious, unfortunately to say this is appalling. Secondly I disagree with you continuously reinviting and promoting people who freely up and leave the guild or stupid drama. Thirdly, many of the people complaining were the ones causing the guild issues which is why I'm not in it anymore. And as a final note I'm only posting because im sick and tired of people blaming ikutai for stupid shit like this. For once I'd like people to get their facts straight. Feel free to delete this post and our my account on the forums.

- I Be Indestructible Mon! -


"One thing I've learned about idiots - they are utterly without shame." - Worba


User avatar
Jelani
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Posts: 1218
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:02 am
Realm: Nesingwary
Gender: Female

Re: An explanation.

#12 Unread post by Jelani » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:42 pm

Ikutai wrote:I would like to point out that I DID NOT kick Siliverin. She quit.
My last 2 copper in. I was online when Sili left the guild, and this is a fact. She left. She was not kicked. She then told someone to say in guild that she was removing all her toons and she did, none were kicked by anyone.

YAY! Flight Rising! Rawr!


User avatar
cowmuflage
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 11915
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:00 pm
Realm: dath remar
Gender: female
Location: New zealand, auckland

Re: An explanation.

#13 Unread post by cowmuflage » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:45 pm

Didnt she make a thread saying that? Im sure I saw that.

Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Posts: 3485
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:38 pm
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Gender: Wink wink.
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!
Contact:

Re: An explanation.

#14 Unread post by Ryno » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:49 pm

Ikutai wrote:I would like to point out that I DID NOT kick Siliverin. She quit. If you're going to state things, do it accurately.
My mistake! I'll fix that.

Image


User avatar
Aarynthalia
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:14 pm
Realm: Runetotem-Bronzebeard-Nesingwary
Gender: Female

Re: An explanation.

#15 Unread post by Aarynthalia » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:51 pm

Being as I was online, I did witness the "showdown" and being that I do enjoy the company of all involved with this situation. Sadly Sili did quit of her own choice, however, I strongly feel there was background stuff happening that has not and SHOULD NOT be brought out. Im sure the "correction" will be made to the official post by Ryno. I also feel that this topic needs to die.
Image
Fabulously perfect Siggy by the Lovely Serenith!!
Much <3 and THANK YOU!!

Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Posts: 3485
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:38 pm
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Gender: Wink wink.
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!
Contact:

Re: An explanation.

#16 Unread post by Ryno » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:55 pm

Zinagaro wrote:No, Siliverin was not kicked. She left of her own accord after I had left and told her a few personal opinions. In all honesty, you are never around when we need a GuildMaster too be. You get things so backwards its almost hilarious, unfortunately to say this is appalling. Secondly I disagree with you continuously reinviting and promoting people who freely up and leave the guild or stupid drama. Thirdly, many of the people complaining were the ones causing the guild issues which is why I'm not in it anymore. And as a final note I'm only posting because im sick and tired of people blaming ikutai for stupid shit like this. For once I'd like people to get their facts straight. Feel free to delete this post and our my account on the forums.
I'm sorry I'm not around when the guild needs me. I have a lot of other things going on, ranging from real life obligations to simply playing on another realm. I'm apologizing for not being there, not making excuses for it. I'm going to try more to be there.

If I do get things backwards, it's because of the information I have received. I act the best I can based on facts that I can verify, when possible.

Permanently kicking someone out of the guild and not letting them back in, for whatever reason, is probably my least favorite things to do with the guild. I always like to give people more chances. If I find they are failing repeatedly with these chances, I'll take action. I may be slow to do so, and it is one of my faults. I apologize.

I do not blame Ikutai for the drama. Ikutai did nothing more than handle Sili's drama in a way I didn't agree with, to a point where I didn't think I could stand for it again.
Aarynthalia wrote:I also feel that this topic needs to die.
I will lock this thread, if anyone has corrections for the thread, please PM me.
Last edited by Moderator on Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited by request to change 'post' to 'thread' in last line.

Image


Locked