An explanation.

Use this forum to chat about the various incarnations of the forum-based guilds.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

An explanation.

Unread post by Ryno »

A few days ago, I was told that most of the officers in <Petopians> US decided that I wasn't on too much, and that someone else should be promoted to the guildmaster position. Most of them had voted Ikutai (Steampunk) for this position (I later found out it wasn't most, but a handful, from what I can tell). So I logged in shortly after finding out, and talked to Ikutai. He said he'd be happy to be the guildleader. I, however, wasn't keen on giving up the guildleader position, as I enjoyed leading it and planned to in the future. I then proposed Ikutai be promoted to a Priest rank, which has almost all the powers of a guildmaster. He agreed.

After doing so, a flood of private messages came to me on the forum. They ranged from "Aw, I think this is a nice idea. Great job!" to "Seriously? What?" Regardless of the reactions, I thought the promotion was a good idea, and that it would take the guild in a better direction.

Later, there was a bit of drama that involved Siliverin, ending up with her leaving the guild. Seeing screenshots of how Ikutai handled talking to Sili about it, I decided I didn't like how it was handled, and demoted him to an officer again. I reinvited Sili and promoted her to an officer once more.

After this happened, Ikutai told me he planned to leave WoW, as there were too many people in the guild negatively targeting him for whatever reasons.

I hope this clears up everything. I'm sorry it was handled poorly.
Last edited by Ryno on Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Re: An explanation.

Unread post by Kalliope »

:hug: Ryno!

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Tsiya
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Tsiya »

:hug: Sorry we're so much tribbles! Thanks for leading the band.

My pets - My companions

Sig by Sookie!

Jelani
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Jelani »

*nods* Thanks for explaining it Ryno :)

YAY! Flight Rising! Rawr!

Mozag
Realm: Several on EU.

Unread post by Mozag »

As an outsider who desperately wishes she could play on US realms and join you, I want to say that your leadership seems phenomenal Ryno. While issues like this are bound to happen now and then, your explanation and honesty of the situation have impressed me. I've seen a lot of negativity over the past few weeks on the forums, and as I don't belong to the guild, and am not in PM contact with anyone from there, I have had no idea what's been happening, and why there is so much drama. It's nice to see these issues addressed, and I hope it goes some way towards promoting that guild spirit which abounds on this forum, and which is nice to witness even when one is not able to experience it.

Kudos.
AdamSavage

Unread post by AdamSavage »

I think you handled it very reasonable. I'm not part of the guild, but based on what I've heard plus what you mentioned just now, I think it went well in the end.
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Royi

Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Royi »

Sorry to hear that Ryno. Even though my time with Petopians personally was short, I thought you were a good GM.

Things like this happen to all guilds at times, from small friends and family guilds, to larger raiding guilds, to everything in between.

Good luck to ye'
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
sallysquish
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Eldre Thalas

Unread post by sallysquish »

Thanks Ryno! These situations are never easy and it can be difficult to know when to be public about it. Now we can all stop trying to figure out what happened and go back to the supportive goofiness we excel at. <3
Sarayana
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

I agree with Royi, I think you're an awesome GM Ryno. :hug:

Guilds always go through rough times now and again, and somehow, they almost always manage to come out alright on the other side. :)

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Ikutai
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Ikutai »

I would like to point out that I DID NOT kick Siliverin. She quit. If you're going to state things, do it accurately.

"The days are short, and are too soon over. The nights, for good or bad, can seem endless." - Neil Gaiman

Signature by the illustrious Saturo

"Steps 3 through 47: Profit!" - Steampunk of Nesingwary

Zinagaro
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Zinagaro »

Ryno wrote:A few days ago, I was told that most of the officers in <Petopians> US decided that I wasn't on too much, and that someone else should be promoted to the guildmaster position. Most of them had voted Ikutai (Steampunk) for this position (I later found out it wasn't most, but a handful, from what I can tell). So I logged in shortly after finding out, and talked to Ikutai. He said he'd be happy to be the guildleader. I, however, wasn't keen on giving up the guildleader position, as I enjoyed leading it and planned to in the future. I then proposed Ikutai be promoted to a Priest rank, which has almost all the powers of a guildmaster. He agreed.

After doing so, a flood of private messages came to me on the forum. They ranged from "Aw, I think this is a nice idea. Great job!" to "Seriously? What?" Regardless of the reactions, I thought the promotion was a good idea, and that it would take the guild in a better direction.

Later, there was a bit of drama that involved Siliverin, ending up with her kicked out of the guild. Seeing screenshots of how Ikutai handled kicking Sili out, I decided I didn't like how it was handled, and demoted him to an officer again. I re-invited Sili and promoted her to an officer once more.

After this happened, Ikutai told me he planned to leave WoW, as there were too many people in the guild negatively targeting him for whatever reasons.

I hope this clears up everything. I'm sorry it was handled poorly.
No, Siliverin was not kicked. She left of her own accord after I had left and told her a few personal opinions. In all honesty, you are never around when we need a GuildMaster too be. You get things so backwards its almost hilarious, unfortunately to say this is appalling. Secondly I disagree with you continuously reinviting and promoting people who freely up and leave the guild or stupid drama. Thirdly, many of the people complaining were the ones causing the guild issues which is why I'm not in it anymore. And as a final note I'm only posting because im sick and tired of people blaming ikutai for stupid shit like this. For once I'd like people to get their facts straight. Feel free to delete this post and our my account on the forums.

- I Be Indestructible Mon! -

"One thing I've learned about idiots - they are utterly without shame." - Worba

Jelani
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Jelani »

Ikutai wrote:I would like to point out that I DID NOT kick Siliverin. She quit.
My last 2 copper in. I was online when Sili left the guild, and this is a fact. She left. She was not kicked. She then told someone to say in guild that she was removing all her toons and she did, none were kicked by anyone.

YAY! Flight Rising! Rawr!

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Didnt she make a thread saying that? Im sure I saw that.
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

Ikutai wrote:I would like to point out that I DID NOT kick Siliverin. She quit. If you're going to state things, do it accurately.
My mistake! I'll fix that.

Aarynthalia
Realm: Runetotem-Bronzebeard-Nesingwary

Unread post by Aarynthalia »

Being as I was online, I did witness the "showdown" and being that I do enjoy the company of all involved with this situation. Sadly Sili did quit of her own choice, however, I strongly feel there was background stuff happening that has not and SHOULD NOT be brought out. Im sure the "correction" will be made to the official post by Ryno. I also feel that this topic needs to die.
Fabulously perfect Siggy by the Lovely Serenith!!
Much <3 and THANK YOU!!
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master

Unread post by Ryno »

Zinagaro wrote:No, Siliverin was not kicked. She left of her own accord after I had left and told her a few personal opinions. In all honesty, you are never around when we need a GuildMaster too be. You get things so backwards its almost hilarious, unfortunately to say this is appalling. Secondly I disagree with you continuously reinviting and promoting people who freely up and leave the guild or stupid drama. Thirdly, many of the people complaining were the ones causing the guild issues which is why I'm not in it anymore. And as a final note I'm only posting because im sick and tired of people blaming ikutai for stupid shit like this. For once I'd like people to get their facts straight. Feel free to delete this post and our my account on the forums.
I'm sorry I'm not around when the guild needs me. I have a lot of other things going on, ranging from real life obligations to simply playing on another realm. I'm apologizing for not being there, not making excuses for it. I'm going to try more to be there.

If I do get things backwards, it's because of the information I have received. I act the best I can based on facts that I can verify, when possible.

Permanently kicking someone out of the guild and not letting them back in, for whatever reason, is probably my least favorite things to do with the guild. I always like to give people more chances. If I find they are failing repeatedly with these chances, I'll take action. I may be slow to do so, and it is one of my faults. I apologize.

I do not blame Ikutai for the drama. Ikutai did nothing more than handle Sili's drama in a way I didn't agree with, to a point where I didn't think I could stand for it again.
Aarynthalia wrote:I also feel that this topic needs to die.
I will lock this thread, if anyone has corrections for the thread, please PM me.
Last edited by Moderator on Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited by request to change 'post' to 'thread' in last line.