Chaos Orbs (Warning: Rant)

Sigrah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Area 52

Chaos Orbs (Warning: Rant)

Unread post by Sigrah »

I’m really pissed at Blizzard right now. After 3 weeks of grinding out molten front dailies twice a day (one for my engineer, the other for my blacksmith), I finally managed to unlock the blacksmithing and engineering recipes a couple days ago. However, several guild mates and friends that know one of my toons is a blacksmith and has these recipes by now are beating down my door asking, begging, and demanding that I make them anywhere from 1 to 5+ weapons for their various toons. Normally, I wouldn’t mind taking their mats and making them whatever they want except for one really stupid fact: CHAOS ORBS ARE BIND ON PICKUP, AND I ONLY HAVE 16 OF THEM.

Thanks to this really screwed up bottle neck, this only gives me enough Chaos Orbs to make *THREE* weapons and a lot of mean choices about who gets what. Well, since I’m not about to play favorites and would disappoint most everyone anyways, I’ve decided to be a greedy, capitalist pig and make one weapon for myself, and make 2 other weapons to sell on the Auction House. Why? Because as long as the burden of collecting Chaos Orbs falls solely on me, I’m not going to go out of my way and repeatedly grind a minimum of 5 heroics per weapon when I have a dozen+ people that want them. It essentially puts me in the position of having to decide who gets what first and all the drama that goes with it, as well as burning myself out quicker on dungeons I’m pretty much already tired of. If that’s going to be the case, I might as well be a greedy **** and tell everyone I’m not taking requests until Blizzard makes these God damned things tradable.

In short, FIX THIS BLIZZARD. Make the bloody Chaos Orbs tradable so that people can buy / collect them and bring them to me instead of me having to run heroics whenever someone wants something. I don’t even care if that means non-crafting professions can roll on them, I’m tired of people /whispering me and asking when I’m going to have enough orbs to make them something or “inviting” me for every dungeon run with the promise of letting me win the orb if I promise to make them something every time I log in. It’s only been two days and I’m already sick of it.
Chimera
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Re: Chaos Orbs (Warning: Rant)

Unread post by Chimera »

I agree, i have 25 chaos orbs and can i use them? No, because i dont even have the patterns to make stuff with them, im only at 516 LW. Why arent the new patterns giving me the incentive to level up my LW? Same reason as what your going through Sig. What will i do with the orbs when i get high enough LW? Make the items i want to make and charge people for the orbs if they want them (not gonna make them pay a lot though, maybe 100g an orb). What about guildies? The guildies will need to help me run through dungeons that drop chaos orbs if they want the orbs for free. IF i have a surplus of orbs and i am in a comfortable financial position i'll make the items for free.

I have had these orbs since early Cata, long before 4.2 came out. Once i got 25 orbs i decided i had way too many for the fact i cant even make anything with them and i stopped need rolling and just greed rolled. Once i unlock the vendors for myself, i will start need rolling on orbs again cause by then i will actually be able to craft the items.

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

CrystalKitten
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Llane, Nesingwary

Unread post by CrystalKitten »

Actually, I believe that blizzard has already stated they plan to make the orbs tradeable. I'm just not sure when that is. I'm going to guess that they probably did it this way so that those who DO decide to take up crafting professions, they can get first dibs on the orbs to make gear and such for themselves, or profit from selling it, before it becomes a free for all. I kind of like that idea... but I do agree it's about time that they make them tradeable...
Thanks to TankPerson for the sig!
My Dragon Cave
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Yes, I don't really understand Blizzard's rationale for making the orbs BoP. Is it a way for them to reduce the amount of crafted gear available?
Loffter
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Alexstraza

Unread post by Loffter »

Blizz really got me in this expac. I hate dailies, and I hate grinding. So they pinned me to the wall and said "Not only are you going to run our heroics HUNDREDS of times, but you are going to do dailies to get recipes.

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

I vaguely recall a blue post someplace saying that orbs would be BoE this patch, but I guess that got scrapped at some point.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Yeah this is incredibly annoying. I mean it doesn't even make any sense...Tailors, for one, only need the orbs for that damn dress...we have NO other uses for them.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

CrystalKitten
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Llane, Nesingwary

Unread post by CrystalKitten »

Jessibelle wrote:Yeah this is incredibly annoying. I mean it doesn't even make any sense...Tailors, for one, only need the orbs for that damn dress...we have NO other uses for them.
You can use them to make dreamcloth, which can be used to make bags, or other epic armor. The orb dreamcloth one has no cooldown.
Thanks to TankPerson for the sig!
My Dragon Cave
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

CrystalKitten wrote:
Jessibelle wrote:Yeah this is incredibly annoying. I mean it doesn't even make any sense...Tailors, for one, only need the orbs for that damn dress...we have NO other uses for them.
You can use them to make dreamcloth, which can be used to make bags, or other epic armor. The orb dreamcloth one has no cooldown.
What orb dreamcloth? I'm looking in my book AND at my trainer....there is no orb dreamcloth. We use elements for that. O_o;

LisaaraPokefarm

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

No, actually there is an orb dreamcloth at 525 tailoring; it's called Dream of Destruction.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

TygerDarkstorm wrote:No, actually there is an orb dreamcloth at 525 tailoring; it's called Dream of Destruction.
I'll have to check. That must be new.

LisaaraPokefarm

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Nope, been there for a long time.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Kalliope

It's been there since Cata came out. :)

YouTube Edition

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

I trained in everything and only got the elemental ones when cata came out.

LisaaraPokefarm

Leirudan
Realm: Rexxar
Location: Kinslayer House.. scratching out more comics for the demanding guildies. -.-

Unread post by Leirudan »

They were suppose to be BoE "soon" Damn Blizz for procrastinating. We have the same issue in my guild. I'm engi though, so there's really not much use for me as i can't seel most the stuff I make. Only thing I could say on who would get dibs, is take "orders" with a cutoff date, add up how many orbs you need and farm em.

Then let everyone know that it will be after you have all the ones you need that anyone is getting their items, and it'll be a first "log" basis with mats. ^.~ Takes out the headache of who gets what.

Bleg, but I wouldn't want to do that either. Too many pug grinds. p.q
Kalliope

Jessibelle wrote:I trained in everything and only got the elemental ones when cata came out.
http://www.wowhead.com/spell=94743

It's been a trainer-based one since the beginning. Trust me, I leveled my priest early. ;)

YouTube Edition

Royi

Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Royi »

Yeap its Blizzards fault. Might as well cancel your subscription because you cant go ahead and craft 40 BOE ilvl 365 epics right away

Just wait till they become BOE down the line.
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Royi wrote:Yeap its Blizzards fault. Might as well cancel your subscription because you cant go ahead and craft 40 BOE ilvl 365 epics right away.
I think this tone is a bit uncalled for. If you don't think people should be able to craft high-level gear without looting the orbs themselves, there are more polite ways to say it.
Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Runetotem

Unread post by Sarantha »

I agree. I am a LWer and hate having people ask me to link my LWing then ask me to make all these pieces of armor only to not have enough orbs to do so. Why can't we just fuckin buy them off the AH or whatever!? That why they can get me ALL the mats and wouldn't even have to tip (I don't charge if all it costs is a few seconds of my time).
Part of Dark Magics, lvl 25 Horde guild, casual, helpful, don't raid, mostly help people and hunt pets.
Part of Dynasty, lvl 25 Alliance guild, casual and hardcore (your choice, no one forces you to raid, but you can), very helpful
Come on over if interested (Runetotem US, Horde name Sarantha, Ally name Ellysetta or Valeraud)
Fafnir
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Fafnir »

It's called a bottleneck so that the markets don't get flooded. Don't forget that all of the new vendor patterns require 8 truegold in an addition to the chaos orbs, just like the 359 crafted gear to a lesser degree.

That being said my LW has like 40-odd orbs he can't use since the 359 gear is kind of worthless now except for a jumpstart getting into ZA/ZG and weren't that great even before then, and still not useful with MF since neither of the LW patterns use them.