Random Pet Challenge [v3.0]

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Runetotem

Re: Random Pet Challenge [v3.0]

Unread post by Sarantha »

Ban'thalos shortly after being tamed, I took this because I was so excited, thats why her name is still Spirit Beast. She was a pain in the butt to tame! You really have to either have a mage/priest slowfall you, disengage before you land, or get on the tree top just right. I used the tree top method, because I wouldn't have to rely on others or pure luck (IE getting disengage off in time) and was able to tame her because two alliance hunters failed at the tree method and went splat and I tamed her because...she's so pretty. Just look at her pictures. She is one of the best looking spirit beasts out there and well worth the camping time if you can afford it:

Fluttering around Molten Front, 2 images:

Misty doing the weird thing she does with her head and manages to look at you from behind even though I haven't moved from the spot the above photo were taken in. She is pulling some exorcist crap and looking at you through her own body or twisting her neck around. Of course, she IS an owl:

She is really majestic in the water, for a bird, and does these amazing slow flapping animations that really show off her ghostly wings to great effect. I really should take a vid of her swimming:

Mystryl above her perch in Hyjal. She looks really blue in this image for some reason, but I thought it looked great:

In review, she's a great pet to have and looks amazing coupled with awesome dps skills. I did not include a combat shot (she kills the mobs so fast!) but she really keeps aggro great and doesn't make too many annoying screeching sounds like most birds. She does make some though, so if you are set on having her but don't like the screech I'm sure there is something out there to replace it/turn it off. She's fast and flies like the wind! She is a hard tame to get unless you actively camp her. You pretty much have to be there when she spawns or you won't get her. For tanking, she isn't the greatest. She tried tanking some mobs in ZG, but got owned pretty fast, whereas Karkin held his own for awhile until it got to be too much. She's a spirit beast and can heal you and/or your party members and herself, which is good. I'd say, DEFINITELY get Ban'thalos if you can. She is so very worth it. Much moreso than the cats in my opinion. I love my Arya and Sharess, but they're just not Mysty. Myst is my mainstay pet when I am in BM spec and she's helped me top many a dps chart! Go Ban'thalos!

Forgot to add:

Name: Sarantha
Level: 85
Exotics: Yes
Restrictions: No monkeys/gorillas, bats, or boars. Anything else is fine. Will also review Firelands rares if you'd like. I have them all.

If you want to roll me again.
Last edited by Sarantha on Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Part of Dark Magics, lvl 25 Horde guild, casual, helpful, don't raid, mostly help people and hunt pets.
Part of Dynasty, lvl 25 Alliance guild, casual and hardcore (your choice, no one forces you to raid, but you can), very helpful
Come on over if interested (Runetotem US, Horde name Sarantha, Ally name Ellysetta or Valeraud)
Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm

Unread post by Arthur »

I'd like to try, please. =)

Name: Tygard (ingame: Nellon)
Restrictions: No bug-type pets, please. c;

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Calixte
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Dragonblight

Unread post by Calixte »

TygerDarkstorm wrote: Calixte(Poochyena):
Black Fox
I found my black fox in eastern Redridge Mountains. She is supercute, although if you try and tame her while she's chasing after a critter, you may find she'll bug out and the tame gets all wonky. I named her Zorua, and I think she and Poochyená look great together.
Image Her coloring is beautiful! I love how she's not actually pure black but actually coal black and gray throughout her fur.
Of course, the first thing I did after taming this cutie was to try out her ADORABLE little "play" animation:
I love foxes, but sometimes their graphical weirdness is hard to ignore. As previous hunters have said, their run is a little bit strange. Their swim animation is pretty cute but if you pay close attention their legs are quite silly.
I find foxes to have really endearing idle animations, including scratching themselves and sniffing at the ground. They seem to have a lot of personality, which I love! Here's Zorua hanging out in Stormwind.
Image Image

Zorua did go to a couple instances with Pooch, but the screenshots I got were wacky and not worth posting. Her special ability may come in handy but I'm not 100% sure. She probably isn't the ideal dps pet. I prefer my cat, wolf or even my raptor. Her ability seemed to come in handy a little more in battlegrounds, but overall I didn't feel she was as much of an asset to a hunter team. I already have my brown fox Eevee, so I will not be keeping Zorua, but I had a great couple of days with her!

I'd love another one please!
Name: Poochyená
Level: 37 and leveling quickly
Exotics: Not yet!
Restrictions: None!

Lovely sig and avatar by the talented Kuraine!

Finduilas
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Norgannon EU (H) - Thrall EU (H) - Antonidas EU(A)

Unread post by Finduilas »

Tyger you really seem to love to give me tenacity pets :)
This time I was assigned the Blue Warp Stalker:

This colour is olny tameable in the Abyssal Depths and level 82. So you should have an aqua mount and the ability to breathe in Vash'jir.
I set out to Vash'jir, and after a quick search found my new Warp Stalker - but he disappeared. The water-stalkers (as I would call them) blink away, same thing as the ones in Terrokkar. There aren't so many of them, so I waited a little while for MY Warp-stalker to reappear (I have the imagination that something is wrong with the water down there... Ghostcrawler also blinks away *remembers a half an hour chase after the crab*). When the Warp Stalker came up again, I quickly hit tame and my new pet was swimming at my side. I named her Blueberry for obvious reason...

Appearance:

Blueberry is a really nice pet. Her colour changes from blue at her head to red at the tail. Depending of the light she sometimes even has a deep purple tone. Her blue colour is borken by some red stripes at the legs and her back. Under bestial wrath she looks almost red with a little purple. While some pets really grow quite big under bestial wrath, I don't think she grew a lot - you can see a difference, but not as much as with a Rhino for example.
What bothers me is this:
She has these nice spikes on her back and some other thing I couldn't really identify - probably something like a big scale. I marked it in the picture. The weirdest thing about this is, that it moves in and out of her spikes, when she moves. I don't think that this is meant to be, but some mistake in her animation and it relly is just unneccessary. Dear Blizz, please remove this thing, or fix it, so it doesn't pop in and out of her spikes.

Animations and sounds:

Blueberry's sounds are mostly something like hissing. I would say, they could be annoying, if you don't like loud sounds on your pet, but I like them and I think they make her sound all grown up and dangerous.
Swimming: I tamed her in the Abyssal Depths, so it was only a short swim to a very nice location to take some swimming shoots of her. She paddles with her legs and a little with her tail and looks all comfy in the water. Although if you look at her from the side, she sometimes seems to have more than four legs (like you can see in the big picture below the other two):
Blueberry's animations on solid ground are really cute. She looks from left to right, first opening her mouth, then sticking her nose up in the air like she's sniffing, then looking at her mistress:
I think I'm the first one to add a flying animation pic to my report.... We were killing water elementals in the Twilight Highlands and sometimes they shot her up in the air: she paddled with her legs like she does while swimming and came flying down almost curled up - really sweet.

Fighting and killing dwarfes...:

I did all my quests in the Twilight Highlands from the beginning until now with Blueberry. I specced her towards a tank with some damage skills and really enjoyed questing with her. She holds aggro very well, even with about 4 mobs hitting her (Thunderstomp really helps, if you skill it). The mobs had always our level (84) or even 85 and she didn't loose too much health. Of course I had to use mend pet once in a while, but it never got too bad (except the one time I accidentaly pulled a 85 Elite dragon... :oops: but we survived that one as well).
In the pic on top we're standing between a pile of slaughtered dwarfes in the other one I'm doing the dailies with her (more dwarf killing...) and she keeps the aggro of all 5 mobs while the npcs didn't really help us. You can see in my Healbot, that I took more damage than her, ok I used mend pet for her, but she barely needed it. I think Blueberry doesn't like dwarfes, Larkania neither, so they really had fun doing the quests (I suppose it isn't fun if you're alliance, but hey, I'm horde and I'm proud of it...). So Blueberry really does a good job when it comes to tanking. I even did a few Battlegrounds with her, but I prefer my spirit beast's healing or a spiders web, or my owl catching the enemy's weapon. But her ability to slow down is ok.

Conclusion:

I love my Blueberry, she is a really great pet and companion for every solo playing I did. I like her model and her cute looks.
But what really creeped my out (and still bothers me) is this:
I logged out and saw the green model next to my Larkania (I absolutely HATE this model, it looks unhealthy and like something really nasty), shocked I logg back in to see my pretty blue Blueberry standing next to me, I logg out again: ugly green again *ugh* - just look at those creepy eyes - horrible. *shakes*
Does anybody know, if this is normal behavior of the blue model, or shall I contact a GM?

I'd love to have an other roll please:
Larkania
level: 85
Exotics: yes
restrictions: same as ever: no gorillas/monkeys, no diseased pets - and I'd really love an other famliy than tenacity now :) And I'm up for a real challenge (give me something hard to grab, some rare, as you wish!)

Edit: some mistake corrected
Edit two: Larkania is now lvl 85
Attachments
Blueberry normal.jpg
Blueberry normal.jpg (71.96 KiB) Viewed 2715 times
Blueberry animtions.jpg
Blueberry animtions.jpg (89.01 KiB) Viewed 2715 times
Blueberry detail marked.JPG
Blueberry detail marked.JPG (45.79 KiB) Viewed 2715 times
Blueberry swimming.jpg
Blueberry swimming.jpg (100.55 KiB) Viewed 2715 times
Blueberry fight.jpg
Blueberry fight.jpg (131.59 KiB) Viewed 2715 times
Blueberry andere Farbe.jpg
Blueberry andere Farbe.jpg (72.31 KiB) Viewed 2715 times

current signature thanks to Ashaine

Findu on Battle.net

Findu's stables

Calixte
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Dragonblight

Unread post by Calixte »

Finduilas wrote:I logged out and saw the green model next to my Larkania (I absolutely HATE this model, it looks unhealthy and like something really nasty), shocked I logg back in to see my pretty blue Blueberry standing next to me, I logg out again: ugly green again *ugh* - just look at those creepy eyes - horrible. *shakes*
Does anybody know, if this is normal behavior of the blue model, or shall I contact a GM?
This skin is YUCK! I have the same blue and red one that you tamed and while I absolutely LOVE her to pieces and think she is just adorable, upon logging out or even stabling her she's shown as that gross color. I'm not sure what the deal is with that. I think they might not have updated every instance of the new skins in the game (for example, when I look on the armory at my two old world cats, Shadowclaw and Duskstalker, they still show up as their old, pre-Shattering skins. It's very weird)

Lovely sig and avatar by the talented Kuraine!

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

I think the reason the blue warp-stalker shows up as green is because that skin in Vashj'ir was originally a color-changer between the green and blue. When permanizing it, Blizzard seems to have missed the loading screens, armory, stables, etc with them.

Editing with rolls:

Sarantha:
Black Beetle

Tygard(Nellon):
Tan Bat

Calixte( Poochyená):
Brown Condor

Finduilas(Larkania):
Tan Wolf
You can make this one a bit of a challenge by going to tame Spot the barking wolf from Theramore. :)

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
meepitco
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nessingway- Main (H) Mannoroth- Secondary (A)

Unread post by meepitco »

This ehh, may be late, but I guess I'll have a go at this challenge, if that's okay =/
Name: Magrallea
Level: 85 as hunter level, any level pet is perfectly fine
Exotics: I am BM os, but not my main choice.
Restrictions: No spiders, bats, cats, bears, or boars. I've had exp. with them in the past, it never went well (cats I just have too many of them =/ )

Click the picture, it takes you to my deviantart.

Tumblr is here.

Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

My beetle tame. I went to ZF to tame one since I couldn't find anyone to get me a raid group so I could tame one in AQ and get a shot at the mounts. He's very tiny at first. Here's him being tamed:

After the tame, he got HUGE! He looks big enough to eat an orc! Here's Mister Beetle after the tame. I have named him Petyr:

I examined him after the tame and noticed these really neat red and black markings on his back. They look really cool and I never knew these beetles had these markings. He almost looks grey, not black, in this pic:

He's tenacity, so he can hold his own in a fight pretty well without heals:

He doesn't really swim very well, just kinda makes a walking animation while swimming:

Just my usual picture of me and my new pet bonding:

I like Petyr and think he is really awesome looking. He might be my perma tank pet. He really beats out all the other beetles, I think . He is so shiny and gorgeous looking. I never had a thing for beetles until I met Petyr. He tanks well and was able to tank some mobs in ZA when the tank died (wish I'd have SS'd that) so he's pretty strong if spec'd for tanking. I got him out of ZF and any hunter around lvl 50ish should be able to tame one and should, if they are looking for a pet that holds aggro well and is very nice looking and not seen around often. <3 my Petyr. Thanks for this roll.

If you want to roll another:

Restrictions: No monkeys/gorillas, bats, or boars. Anything else is fine. Will also review Firelands rares if you'd like. I have them all.
Part of Dark Magics, lvl 25 Horde guild, casual, helpful, don't raid, mostly help people and hunt pets.
Part of Dynasty, lvl 25 Alliance guild, casual and hardcore (your choice, no one forces you to raid, but you can), very helpful
Come on over if interested (Runetotem US, Horde name Sarantha, Ally name Ellysetta or Valeraud)
Finduilas
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Norgannon EU (H) - Thrall EU (H) - Antonidas EU(A)

Unread post by Finduilas »

Ah Tyger, you don't seem to have any luck with my rolls :) I already have a tan barking wolf from Mulgore, but I don't like his name anymore (and didn't want to use a scroll), so I'll happily set out for Spot when I'm back from university.

current signature thanks to Ashaine

Findu on Battle.net

Findu's stables

Airwyn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Scarlet Crusade (A)

Unread post by Airwyn »

I'll nab a roll for my baby hunter :)

Name: Linoria
Level: 44
Exotics: Not big enough yet
Restrictions: None!

Airwyn on Scarlet Crusade US

Amazing sig made by Ashaine! Thank you!

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Throwing out some more rolls. Note: If you are new to these, I advise you to reading the rules/outline on the first page before making a huge list of restrictions. It is also worth noting that we implemented a "Rares I Have" section to list any hard to get rares (ie Loque, Skarr, Karkin, etc) for those people willing to make reports on them. :)
Also, my favorite part of these is rolling people pets that they cement a bond with. <3

meepitco(Magrallea):
Blue Turtle

Sarantha:
Grey Crocolisk

Finduilas(Larkania): (This is just in case you decide not to do the wolf; don't feel obligated to do both rolls).
Blue Parrot

Airwyn(Linoria):
Brown Tallstrider

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
meepitco
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Blue Turtle Review C:
As I was already in Tanaris, I decided to tame the turtle. Simple tame, and I swam back to the beach. That's where the attaching had begun. He always lifted his head into the air, in a sniffing like motion. I found this extremely cute, and named him Snaperz after the turtle I lost a few years back.
Us on the beach
---
Walking a little further, he started to walk in front of me. Then, when I stopped, he turned at me, and stared. So we ended up having a staring contest, which the panther cub won C:
Turtle STARE
---
We entered the cave where a huge scorpid stood in our way. We decided, hey, it's giant, and it looks deadly. Lets kill! (This shall never count to what he brought me later on...)
Go go power turtles!
---
Later, we traveled to the wastes, where we saw something that really didn't belong.
Snaperz: Hey, ain't that dude supposed to be in AQ 40?
Me:......BLIIIIZZZZAAARRRRD.
---
Flying over to my uldum madexx route fly over, we spotted a rare ogre. Landing, I one shotted him, and he fell like the giant bag of skin he was. I was pleased at how much luck he had brought me.
Die ogre die!
---
So, I was still flying over to my Madexx spawn route fly over, and crossed into Uldum. I did /who Uldum, and was pleased to see I was the only hunter. NPCscan blared over my techno music (ITS A SIGN) and it showed: Madexx (no picture at the time) I figured it was going to be the brown colour I had seen a few nights before.....not. It was BLUE, yes, BLUE madexx. My turtle from the grave brought me gosh darn luck!
*hugs Snaper*

Over all:
I find this pet to be a nice model. It isn't like the Ancient Turtles I have seen before, but it is cute. I wasn't sure what to think of him when I was assigned, but after the luck streak I had, I was happy. It just takes into consideration what you like about your pet, and what personality to give him/her!

I'll also take a re-roll if possible C:
Name: Magrallea, but call me Meepit.
Level: Anything between 1-85. Rare instance, go ahead, I'm not afraid of killing a few bosses C:
Exotic: Yes, but not preferred.
Restrictions: I'd like a flying creature this time. Idc what type, but something other than walking c:

Tumblr is here.

Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm

Unread post by Arthur »

Ok, here is my experience with the Tan Bat! :3

Taming him. I went to the Blasted Lands.

Here he is, freshly tamed. Quite cute!

I decided to go do Magister's Terrace with him.

and he wanted to get his photo taken with Kael'thas.

Then he beat him up.

Afterwards, we went off to finish my Molten Front dailies.

We had a good time.

So, I took him for a swim, to cool off.

Model/Animation & Sound Effects:
My opinion is flying pets are very graceful, so he wasn't bad to look at flying around. And his color is very nice! I LOVE the bat sounds effects, for some reason, the little screeches they have are just so.. charming. I don't know p:

Combat:
Well, I don't like to sound like a snob, but I'd say we wasn't very fun to fight with. He was alright in the dungeon but once we got to the Molten Front he pretty much dropped like a fly about... 6 times. I probably gave him the wrong talents, Since, admittedly, I've only used ferocity pets. So, he was good for doing easier fights, but more intense stuff, I'll just assume he was a bit scared, and fainted a lot. :3

Overall, running around with a bat was a fun, different experience, and I think I'll keep him in my stable for a while.

May I have another roll, please?

Name: Tygard (Ingame: Nellon)
Restrictions: No bug-types, please.
Rares I Have: Loque'Nahak, Gondria, Skoll, Araga, Pogeyan, and Olm the Wise.

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I'd love to tame a crocolisk, but that'd mean abandoning Sigyn (Skitterflame) or Petyr and I don't want to do either, so I'm gonna have to say I'll back out of rolls for now. If you want me to review something I already have, I can do that, but I fell in love with Petyr (the black beetle you rolled me) and I just don't want to get rid of him.

If you really want, I can abandon him, do the crocolisk review, and tame another beetle, but he won't be Petyr! I have bonded with my beloved beetle and now I use him whenever I'm doing dailies and love him just so much. Will take more screenies of me and Petyr doing dailies if you want lol. That was a fated roll, I think!
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Just something to keep in mind: When you tell me what you want to go out and tame, that doesn't really end up as something very random and is probably something you could pick on your own. ;) These pets are typically chosen by doing a /roll system and the more you limit it, the harder it is to find you pets. :) However, I will do my best to comply with people's requests.

meepitco(Magrallea):
Blue Sporebat
It was only a matter of time before Squish made his return here. :P

Tygard(Nellon):
Spectral Saber Tiger

Sarantha: I don't want you to abandon any of the pets you've bonded with. :)
Red Fire Spider

[/center]
Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Cool, I'll review my lovely Sigyn then. I already have one pic of her right after the tame. :D

Sigyn and I sitting in front of the flames that lead up the ramp to her tame area. Her flames are really noticeable in her booty and on her talons:

Sigyn and I sitting in an unfilled Moonwell in Molten Front. I need to get out of here and take some pics elsewhere. Tried to give a good top view of her here:

Took Sigyn to Deepholme where she and her awesome webs made short work of a rock elemental. I love this about all spider pets. The webbing ability makes them excellent for pvp and pve:

Sigyn partaking (or not) of a nearby troll hookah:

Sara and Sigyn bonding in Deepholme, well away from the hookahs. My usual pic of my pets and I sitting together:

The red flame spider is a very pretty, useful pet in my opinion. She can be tamed by taming either Skitterflame (the rare challenge mob) or a neutral spider in Widow's Clutch. Any hunter wanting an EXCELLENT pvp pet should tame a spider. Her webs have done me very well in pvp and she is also great for dps. Her skin may not be unique, but all the flame spiders look amazing in my opinion. They also don't make much noise, so they're great silent pets if pet sounds bother you. She'll sometimes make a clicking noise, but its not bothersome and its worth having such a neat pet to put up with it. I <3 my Sigyn and she will likely be keeping my Loki company in the stables, if you get my drift. ;)

If you want more pets that I have reviewed, here's my info. Check my profile for what pets I have if you want a review on any certain one.

Restrictions: Can only do pets I have. I adore my pets in my stables too much to let any go.
Airwyn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Scarlet Crusade (A)

Unread post by Airwyn »

Back with my report on the brown tallstrider! Image

The tallstrider that I tamed I got in the Northern Barrens, they are very easy to find around the Crossroads and are low levels, 10-13 or so. Tallstriders are a ferocity pet so their damage output is good, their family special ability is Dust Cloud which reduces the melee and ranged attack speeds of all enemies within 10 yards by 20% for 8 seconds, which is pretty useful in both pvp and pve! His swimming animation is the cutest, he pushes himself through the water with his legs and pushes himself with his wittle wings :D He's a pretty quiet pet but does the occasional birdie squawk in combat. His color is soft on the eyes and he's a fun pet to have around :)

Taming my Tallstrider:

I named him Jake :D

His appearance is rather lovely, he has pretty blue eyes and his colors are a nice, soft shade of brown. Upon getting a closer look, you can see how pixelated he appears :/

I took Jake out to do some quests and he did great, held aggro like a champ! :)

After spending a lot of time with Jake, I've decided to keep him :)

Airwyn on Scarlet Crusade US

Amazing sig made by Ashaine! Thank you!

meepitco
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Okay, here is my review for Blue Sporbat:
When I first tamed this Sporebat, I thought he was kinda cute. But, that all changed when I went to MF for dailies, and pulled every(yes, every) mob there. I personally don't like this pet, and it isn't that memory bonding.
After we got burned in Molten Front.
-----
Waiting for Jadefang to spawn.
-----
I'd like a reroll if possible =)
Name: Magrallea, but call me meepit
Exotics: This time, hell why not?
Restrictions: Something exotic. Not SB, though.

Tumblr is here.

Joshatdot
Realm: Alleria

Unread post by Joshatdot »

I'll have a go at this gmae 8-)

Name: Rargiz
Level: 56
Exotics: Not yet
Restrictions: None
Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I abandoned a loving dragonhawk to show some people how to tame Kirix, so I have a stable slot. You still want a tame/review for the croc? I'll go out and do it!