Death Ravager

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Dulanie
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Blackhand

Death Ravager

Unread post by Dulanie »

Hello. I have been visiting this site since I made my 1st hunter, but this is the first time I have posted. I have 2 questions really. #1-I tamed the Death ravager during the brief time before that got patched, and recently noticed a few things during some random instance runs the other day. I noticed that not only was he able to be buffed but the healer was also able to heal him. I was wondering if he had been made like other ravagers sine I do not remember reading anythign about it since the firsdt patch making him untamable.

#2- I read about the BM hunter dps thread and was wondering how ravagers, and more specificly the death ravager stand since he is my favorite pet. (I currently have a ghost saber and the death ravager, and plan on getting the Kurken, the black devilsaur, and the Zul'drak wolf......though I really wish Blizz would make hydras tamable lol)
We don't die. We multiply.
Zangor
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Lightbringer-US Nessingwary-US

Re: Death Ravager

Unread post by Zangor »

yea they fixed his a long time ago
Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Not playing anymore.

Unread post by Karathyriel »

Maybe I got the starting post wrong but can't you buff and heal all pets?
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I believe there was a time where a select few pets were bugged or glitched and could not be buffed/healed by other players. I think that was before the introduction of pet families though, so it's all been fixed now as far as I know.
Dulanie
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Dulanie »

The death ravager is one of the pets that was tamable for only a short time. In the case of this one it was never ment to be tamable, and because of that acted differently then normal pets. For example you couldn't pvp with it, it could not be buffed, and it could only be healed by mend pet. It is the ravager in the cage for the level 10 warrior quest on Azuremyst Isle.
Dulanie
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Dulanie »

Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

Dulanie wrote:The death ravager is one of the pets that was tamable for only a short time. In the case of this one it was never ment to be tamable, and because of that acted differently then normal pets. For example you couldn't pvp with it, it could not be buffed, and it could only be healed by mend pet. It is the ravager in the cage for the level 10 warrior quest on Azuremyst Isle.
Yeah, pretty much. I had a friend who, at the time, got him soon after BC came out. Dueled me with him, then said his pet didn't work for the duel.

As for ravager DPS, ravagers are Cunning pets, meaning they aren't going to do better than a ferocity pet. But for 5 mans, you can use him or whatever pet you want easily.