Molten Front Dailys

AdamSavage
Illustrious Master Hunter

Molten Front Dailys

Unread post by AdamSavage »

Has anyone else noticed today that 3/6 of the Elementals for "Death from Above" Achievement were up ? I've never seen more then 1/6 up while doing the bombing run. I also noticed that your pet UI disappears when you port into Molten Front. It's not just on my Hunter, I noticed it on my lock as well.
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Airwyn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Scarlet Crusade (A)

Re: Molten Front Dailys

Unread post by Airwyn »

I personally saw 2 of them up today on Scarlet Crusade. I was rather surprised!

Airwyn on Scarlet Crusade US

Amazing sig made by Ashaine! Thank you!

Sarayana
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

Yeah, I've seen a few posts about three being up. We had three on Ysera. Not a moment too soon, if you ask me, given that it's a random spawn and it takes three days to get the daily if you're not able to keep the bird up by keeping numerous quests in your logs...

I was wondering what was going on with my pet. I dismissed and resummoned, and that fixed it, but it was annoying! :?

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

The pet action bar issue has been happening to me today all over. In dungeons, in the city, just out in the world. Happens randomly.
AdamSavage

How do you keep the bird up ? Is it triggered by doing certain quest first or what's the trick ?
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Nightsights
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Gilneas-US

Unread post by Nightsights »

you do the "into the fire" quest chain. the bombing quest is random usually every other day, but you just don't do it, and come back the next day, you'll have to redo the "into the fire" chain again.
KnightRyder
Realm: Crushridge

Unread post by KnightRyder »

I just kept the daily quest half completed and turning in all the others. Everyday when I went back, there would be the bird sitting there waiting for me to ride out.
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Yay, thanks for the tip! Managed to get another of the elementals I was missing, due to getting lucky and getting the bombing daily. (I refuse to hold the quest on principle.) This ought to increase my odds a bit. :)

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Miyon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Currently on hiatus

Unread post by Miyon »

I think I read somewhere that the 3 elementals up at once is actually intended. Maybe I am able to get the last one I need now.
And the pet action bar? It annoys me to no end. I am never able to see if growl is on, or what stance it is in, although I have hotkeyed those to my mouse. Dismissing and resummoning fixes it for me too.

Pokemon X/Y FC: 1779-1244-0605

Magli
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moonrunner

Unread post by Magli »

Kalliope wrote:Yay, thanks for the tip! Managed to get another of the elementals I was missing, due to getting lucky and getting the bombing daily. (I refuse to hold the quest on principle.) This ought to increase my odds a bit. :)
It's not luck (I don't think). The first time you do the Talon quest chain, you're told to go over and capture a fire hawk egg or hatchling; the next time, you get the bombing run. The two quests then seem to alternate.

Thanks to Kurenio for the signature!

It was believed afterward that the man was a lunatic, because there was no sense in what he said.

Kalliope

Magli wrote:
Kalliope wrote:Yay, thanks for the tip! Managed to get another of the elementals I was missing, due to getting lucky and getting the bombing daily. (I refuse to hold the quest on principle.) This ought to increase my odds a bit. :)
It's not luck (I don't think). The first time you do the Talon quest chain, you're told to go over and capture a fire hawk egg or hatchling; the next time, you get the bombing run. The two quests then seem to alternate.
Not in my experience. I'd missed out on the bombing run two days in a row with bosses I needed up just within the past week. :(

There is no pattern, only coincidences that appear to be patterns. :/

YouTube Edition

Worba
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

A lot of people are having shared randomness then because bombing run has been e/o day for me so far.

I think I'll start holding it back next time I get it - seeing the same bosses pop day after day is getting old.
Fafnir
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Fafnir »

You can hold the bombing daily indefinately (and be sure the hawk will still be there) as long as you never do any Shadow Warden quests. If you do, the hawk will reset even if you have the quest in your log.

Also, I too have experienced multiple days of egg/hatchling dailies between bombing quest availability, so it may be a high chance to alternate, but for sure it isn't a sure thing.

That being said, the three that are up haven't changed since reset... Perhaps they cycle every few days now if it is intended.
Worba

Unread post by Worba »

Skipping shadow warden dailies isn't a big deal as I still have druids' achievements to do (otherwise I'd be doing nothing but Shadow Warden...)

It sounds like bombing runs may be a weighted random (e.g. more likely on "off days" but always at least a small chance of happening on any given day), which is to say [functionally] every other day.
Last edited by Worba on Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AdamSavage

Trying to into the fire when other people join in can be suicide if your not a Hunter. I guess people figure there helping, but there not. They are more of a hindrance than help.

Dr. Who Video!

CrystalKitten
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Llane, Nesingwary

Unread post by CrystalKitten »

I wanna throw in and say that my bombing runs were nearly every other day for me as well. I think the "trick" is that you need to get a baby for the druids to raise before the firehawk will be useable. So, if you think to do your warden's quests on the "get the egg/baby" day so you can ONLY do the bombing run... it won't work. I think I might have been "unlucky" and got 2 "get the egg/baby" quests in a row, but I'm not sure. I do know that there definitely seemed to be a pattern, though. Maybe there's a rare chance for the pattern to be broken (ie.. the poor little fire birdy didn't make it), and some people are just unlucky... I dunno though.
Thanks to TankPerson for the sig!
My Dragon Cave
Kalliope

Worba wrote:A lot of people are having shared randomness then because bombing run has been e/o day for me so far.

I think I'll start holding it back next time I get it - seeing the same bosses pop day after day is getting old.
*nod* It's coin-flippy. I was having every other day bombing run alternation for a while, but now I'm in a phase where I'm barely getting it at all.

The weirdest thing was doing dailies with the bf and one of us would get the bombing run and the other wouldn't. And yet, the warden dailies seem to be consistent; we get the same ones over there.

YouTube Edition

peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

I'm so glad they hotfixed it so three are up at a time, though the one I'm missing STILL wasn't up. :( I've been holding on to the quest for so long and just want to be done with the achievement.

As far as pet bars it doesn't vanish when I zone into Molten Front but it does vanish randomly. And when it does I can't control my pet at all (i.e. I hit Ctrl-1 and it just stands there). I have to log out and back to fix it or else the pet is on permanent passive.
Worba

Unread post by Worba »

Try macro pet commands - that's what I use for a lot of my pet actions, and even when the pet bar goes poof the macros still seem to work.

(Interestingly enough those same commands also work on most quest NPC allies...)
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Kalliope wrote:The weirdest thing was doing dailies with the bf and one of us would get the bombing run and the other wouldn't. And yet, the warden dailies seem to be consistent; we get the same ones over there.
This happened with me and my other half as well. What's the point of doing dailies together if you don't get the same dailies? We've switched back to Warden dailies, as I don't care about the achievements that much.