She or He...or It?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Saturo

Re: She or He...or It?

Unread post by Saturo »

Kryte wrote:
Narasalu wrote:[...] all pets seem to have a female base [...]
In the files, 0 means "no gender modifier". 1 means male. Game-mechanic wise, there aren't any females. Just genderless and male.

Creepy...

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Dakonic
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Baeglum

Unread post by Dakonic »

Hmmm,i havent really thought of that.

ImageDeathWarp,girl, i like my pets to be boys, but she has always had the female feel to her. She isnt what men dream about when it comes to looks, but she has a strong will, and a never ending love for her master.

ImageMarrok,boy, He is a very loyal, ferocious, big, blue wolf. Hes got a bad attitude, when you piss him off you better mount up and leave, you cant out run him.

ImageDakota,boy, hes always had the personality of a dog, loyal, loving, cuddly, protective, strong, and still loves to play at the end of the day.

ImageSynyster,boy, hes always ready for a fight, he hates the alliance with a passion, thats why he is my pvp buddy. He is friendly towards the horde, and often plays with the children, if they arent scared of his pressence. He helped his master out when she had her orphan, he entertained him during there adventures.

ImageBillijoe, boy, he doesnt have a care in the world, hes clumbsy, but strong, and after falling and running into things for years he has become tough, and can take a hit with ease. Thats why he takes on the role as tank when DeathWarp is taking a break. His heads always play while his master is waiting.
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Dakonic
Formally known as "celestial88"
Image Image Image Image
Niabi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Greymane-H, Rexxar-A, Staghelm-A/H, Nesingwary-A/H

Unread post by Niabi »

Teigan wrote:Niabi, are your pets grouped by hunter? If so, it looks like you have a bit of a color theme going on most of them!
You betcha! I am ALL about the theming :0)
Last edited by Niabi on Thu May 13, 2010 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

In the files, 0 means "no gender modifier". 1 means male. Game-mechanic wise, there aren't any females. Just genderless and male.

Creepy...
Bob Barker (the game show host who often admonished viewers to fix their pets )would be proud!
Victorelle
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Kilrogg (US)

Unread post by Victorelle »

Well Loqu HAS to be male since hes the mate of Haoku (sorry miss spell) and Hoaku in her name is the "goddess of something" so Loqu is a male spirit Beast!
Narasalu
Realm: Aggramar EU, Auchindoun EU, Defias Brotherhood EU

Unread post by Narasalu »

Kryte wrote:This actually does not work, much I hate to be the bearer of bad news. With the exception of maned lions, all pets seem to have a female base, meaning that they will always become female when cursed by the Wetlands mobs. This includes even warlock pets such as voidwalkers:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/class-warlo ... walkers-o/
(Possibly NSFW, voidwalkers with, uh. Secondary sex characteristics.)
I don't know about the specifics of innate pet gender or lack thereof, but I do know that Humar, my dragonhawk and Old Cliffy turned into male undead, whereas Araga and Grubthor were female.

Not that i'm saying all pets of the same skin/family are the same gender though, another of my dragonhawks was female. So either i'm hallucinating, or it does/did work. ;)
Also known as Bermuda from those pesky official EU forums.
Gozu
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Kirin Tor

Unread post by Gozu »

Every pet I've had has been male to me except 1 brown devilsaur & maybe the strider clutchmother. I suppose it doesn't really matter either way since they won't be breeding or having babies anytime in this game.
Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Mania »

My slime is an 'it'. Slimes and oozes in WoW apparently reproduce by fission or cloning, so a male/female binary gender isn't an appropriate concept for them. Well, at least not for mine. 's personality is firmly ungendered.

I tend to use 'he/his' when I need to refer to my slime in public though, primarily because most people don't recognize the various formations I might use, like 'xe', 'hir', 'ou' or, as above, ''s' for the possessive.

(More on gender-neutral pronouns here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender-neutral_pronoun)

But just to be clear, I'm not just drawing lines. My slime's personality is distinctly ungendered.
Wassa
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Wassa »

For my current pets:

Image Hahadori, female.
Image Mimizuku, female.
Image Kintari, genderless since it's a ghost, but I usually call it a he.
Image Hirameku, male.
Image Hukarere, I haven't decided yet. I'm sure Skoll is male for lore reasons but I gave him a female name, hehe.

Other pets I had or have on hunter alts:

Image I've have two Ressan's on alts. Ghostwing is male while Anahera is female.
Image Sakki, female. This is Sakki version 2.0.
Image Brokentusk, male.
Image Empress, female, since she was Princess in game.
Image Zitkala, male.
Image Sakki, male. This is the original Sakki.
Image Araga, female.
Image Kokuhaku, male.
Image Istas, female.
Image CRABBATTLE, male. Yus his name was in all caps.
Image Sawabe, male.
Image Ashmane, male.
Image Hayawaza, female.
Image Dokuga, male.
Image Hinadori, female.
Image Mazz, male.
Image Onadori, male.
Image Turtlefish, male.
Image Raac, male.
Image Strawberry, female.
Image Ihcati, male. Named after a guildie.
Image Nixkamich, male.
Image Snitter, male.

Wow, this was a trip down memory lane trying to remember all that I have tamed. I know I missed some but this post is long enough. >.>

A rare visitor to this forum now that I don't play WoW anymore, but forever a Petopian.

Kira
Realm: The Scryers

Unread post by Kira »

Hmmm, let's see. I have two hunters, one that I have at 80 and I love playing, the other is at 12 on a seperate server (for when mine goes down. Scryers is bad for that for some reason.)

On Asliasa, my 80, I've got...

Image Soshiro, who is male. Lion..male..can't help it!

Image Kaya, who is female. Got her from Shy-Rotam so I kept her female.

Image Sunki, male of course. Sparky puppy, yay!

Image Tsukuyomi, male. Mate of Harkoa...I can't change it, no matter what I try.

Image Odin, my newest baby. Male, like a lot of my other pets. He's so cute, despite the purple (I hate purple) even when he tries to knock me over with his tail...yay for petemotes!

On Akiralios, my baby hunter (only horde that I have), I've got...
Image Jonny, male. Named after someone I met online. It was a joke between us, I doubt that he remembers.

I have a lot of male pets O.o maybe I should try and get more females on Akiralios...

Dragon Cave

Please help my Pokemon hatch

Deviant Art, enjoy!

Awesome Avi done by Moonlost!
Equally Awesome Siggy by Kamalia.