Signatures By Serenith!! [CURRENTLY CLOSED-BUT NOT FOREVER]

This is the place to request an avatar, get opinions on your signatures ... anything involving forum art!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Serenith
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US, Bloodsail Buccaneers Classic

Re: Signature's By Serenith!! [On HOLD Again!]

Unread post by Serenith »

Okay, so I skipped ahead to Macha... for a few reasons. I've stated somewhere about how I prefer to make them in order, but occasionally I divert from the list. I appreciate your patience, for those of you who still remain on my list, as well as the many people who are waiting for me to re-open requests again :D

Anyways, here is Macha's signature. As far as the original request goes... everything is as requested except one minor detail, which in my opinion worked out for the best. You wanted to have both a monkey and a spider on your shoulders, but lets just say draenei ladies shoulders are a bit smallish to hold two without looking odd or overburdened. I chose the monkey cause he worked better to be the shoulder pet, which left Kirix to be much bigger and more of a focus anyways.... since I know you really like him now (your avatar request sorta told me that). Kirix being bigger certainly lets you see more of his detail, and I placed him right at your feet to show closeness. I also tried to match the font color with the avatar I made you, but still kept it scripty. :D
machasig.png
machasig.png (342.86 KiB) Viewed 2398 times

Adorable avatar by the very talented Lupisdarkmoon! Thanks!

Macha
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Macha »

Serenith wrote:Okay, so I skipped ahead to Macha... for a few reasons. I've stated somewhere about how I prefer to make them in order, but occasionally I divert from the list. I appreciate your patience, for those of you who still remain on my list, as well as the many people who are waiting for me to re-open requests again :D

Anyways, here is Macha's signature. As far as the original request goes... everything is as requested except one minor detail, which in my opinion worked out for the best. You wanted to have both a monkey and a spider on your shoulders, but lets just say draenei ladies shoulders are a bit smallish to hold two without looking odd or overburdened. I chose the monkey cause he worked better to be the shoulder pet, which left Kirix to be much bigger and more of a focus anyways.... since I know you really like him now (your avatar request sorta told me that). Kirix being bigger certainly lets you see more of his detail, and I placed him right at your feet to show closeness. I also tried to match the font color with the avatar I made you, but still kept it scripty. :D
machasig.png
3... 2... 1... *explodes from happy*

Aaaaaah! It looks so AWESOME! You're right, I underestimated how a Draenei girl's shoulders would look with two pets on 'em, so it would have looked funky to have two up there. Jack looks PERFECTLY perched, I'd say this challenge was a success. :D

All of Macha's babies look so awesome! Thank you so, so much! :hug:

Thanks to Serenith for the awesome avatar and signature! Team Kirix all the way!
Serenith
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Okay meepitco, here is your second request. Matching avatars included, although not requested (Still practicing!)

Seems I went a bit overboard with the firelands looks. I did it for Sams cause it matched her pets, and for Mag cause it matched her armor... Hope thats not too much red stuff :? (I also was in a butterfly mood)
Also, I tried to get a bit creative with photoshop brushes with Sams... if you don't like the crazy lines in the background I have a version without it. Call me crazy peoples, but I like it better. But if you hate it meep, I got the other version for you.

ImageImage
ImageImage
sam-sig.png
sam-sig.png (250.26 KiB) Viewed 2398 times
sam-av.png
sam-av.png (25 KiB) Viewed 2398 times
magsigx.png
magsigx.png (338.04 KiB) Viewed 2398 times
magav-1.png
magav-1.png (22.8 KiB) Viewed 2398 times

Feralclaw
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm US

Unread post by Feralclaw »

Serenith, how do you get your fire spiders to show up from WMV? Mine look all transparent. : /
Credit to Razzy for the avatar. Thanks!
Serenith
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

I save the screenshots of them as a BMP and just remove the glowy edges/background in photoshop. I know it sucks, but I don't want to go through the trouble to make the flamey legs flamey.

Serenith
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

There is a way to do it, but I suppose thats me being lazy. I spend enough time on each sig so I skip that step.

Feralclaw
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Thanks a billion! Also one more question, I hope it's not too much to ask. How do you get Karoma to look slightly less ghostly? Cause you cause hardly see him in the signature I made Qinni. :?
meepitco
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nessingway- Main (H) Mannoroth- Secondary (A)

Unread post by meepitco »

Those are freaking awesome ^_^ I just need to find out how to make them rotate between siggys :?

Click the picture, it takes you to my deviantart.

Tumblr is here.

Feralclaw
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

I believe there's a link in a thread somewhere here... the website is called Rotasig or something.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Methuselah actually has a fabulous tutorial on how to do pets like the fire spiders while keeping them and their effects; it honestly doesn't take that long to implement either. I've been using his tutorial from MMO-C for like a year now. :)
http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic ... 36#p285636

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Serenith
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Feralclaw wrote:Thanks a billion! Also one more question, I hope it's not too much to ask. How do you get Karoma to look slightly less ghostly? Cause you cause hardly see him in the signature I made Qinni. :?
Well, he is tricky. If you see the sigs I used with him in it, he doesn't look as wonderful as he does in game. I take the screenshots of him with a blueish background (in BMP not PNG, he turns out weird in PNG) and remove the background as best I can in photoshop. He won't look transparent at all this method until you lower the opacity of the layer he is in. I think I lower it just enough to see something through him (sort if). I give everything its own layer so it I do something different to one layer it doesn't effect the others. I also add and outer/inner glow to him using colors found within his body. As odd as that sounds.

Here is an example of how he turns out. He doesn't seem as transparent as he should, yet he seems ghostly enough.

If you ask me, him and Arcturis need to stop hanging out together and coming up with ways to piss me off! :lol:

Feralclaw
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Haha I know what you mean! Thanks Serenith, these two tips will surely improve the quality of my signatures! :)
Serenith
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

TygerDarkstorm wrote:Methuselah actually has a fabulous tutorial on how to do pets like the fire spiders while keeping them and their effects; it honestly doesn't take that long to implement either. I've been using his tutorial from MMO-C for like a year now. :)
True, I have read it a several times and it didn't work well for me. It wasn't easy for me for some reason. *shrug* I just don't bother with the glow, if it makes my sigs lack a bit, so be it.... :? maybe one day I will try it again, for now I lack the patience.

meepitco
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nessingway- Main (H) Mannoroth- Secondary (A)

Unread post by meepitco »

Methinks I got the rotation right ^_^

Click the picture, it takes you to my deviantart.

Tumblr is here.

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Serenith wrote:
TygerDarkstorm wrote:Methuselah actually has a fabulous tutorial on how to do pets like the fire spiders while keeping them and their effects; it honestly doesn't take that long to implement either. I've been using his tutorial from MMO-C for like a year now. :)
True, I have read it a several times and it didn't work well for me. It wasn't easy for me for some reason. *shrug* I just don't bother with the glow, if it makes my sigs lack a bit, so be it.... :? maybe one day I will try it again, for now I lack the patience.
Judging by the fan base you have, I'd say your sigs clearly aren't lacking. :D If you have a system that works for you, run with it.

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Serenith
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Yeah, personally I always thought that minor detail wouldn't be a big problem.

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Basically. ^_^ Essentially the ghostly pets have always been hard to do and the only real differences with the technique I linked is getting fire spiders with little flames on their legs and lightning flickers like the ones on the shoulders of the night elf in my sig. :)

I think your work looks lovely the way it is and you should never forsake the touch you put on your sigs for a technique you're not comfortable with. ^_^ :hug:

[/center]
Serenith
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Still working on Titala's, should be finished tomorrow. But I thought I should get these out since they are done and stuff. Makes me feel like I'm making more progress :D

Everything should be as you requested, I tripled checked it, but even so, if something doesn't work for you just let me know.

taluwen.png
taluwen.png (431.64 KiB) Viewed 2398 times
jessibelle-sig.png
jessibelle-sig.png (324.82 KiB) Viewed 2398 times

Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Omg these are amazing!!! <3 I love them!!!!!

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Feralclaw
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Very impressive, Serenith. If only I were as good as you. T.T You get so many requests. :?