Ravager vs Spider [PVP]

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Heleos
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Medivh

Ravager vs Spider [PVP]

Unread post by Heleos »

So far it seems that when Im in pvp (in SV or MM) the best two pvp pets are between Ravagers and Spiders. One lowers armor, so it help fighting those platers, and help destroy clothies. Yet spiders make enemy still in place. I guess it's all preference, but which do you guys like better for PVP?
Heleos
Night Elf Hunter
Medivh- US
Nimae
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Boulderfist

Re: Ravager vs Spider [PVP]

Unread post by Nimae »

For me, it depends on which BG I'm in. I'll definitely use spiders for WSG and Twin Peaks to snare the opposing team's flag carrier, and in EotS if I'm helping capture middle and have to run down their flag carrier. I'll also use spiders for Strand of the Ancients or Isle of Conquest, to snare the tanks and / or glaives. If I'm in any other BG (AV / Gilneas, AB, EotS if I'm holding a base), I'll usually use a pet like your ravager...nomnom dmg (EDIT) while fighting at a flag ^^...or something with a nice disarm or slow. I'll use a different set of pets for Arena where I can rapidly focus down or CC the healer. I'm a big fan of marcoing the special attacks of pets so I can use the abilities when I need, rather than have it on auto-cast. <3 PvP! :lol:
Last edited by Nimae on Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks to Xakaal, Kurenio, Vephriel, Serenith, Sookie, Rongar, & Mossed for the amazing sigs (rotating), and to Serenith & Sookie for the (rotating) avatars!
Dragon Cave: My Scroll! ••• Ghosts of Christmas Past Lineage Project

Ocyen
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Earthen Ring

Unread post by Ocyen »

Just like the above poster, my PvP pets are situational. Keep in mind though, I usually go BM.

WSG, Twin Peaks, Strand of the Ancients - Silithid for both the web and STAM buff. Nothing makes it bad day for EFCs or sieges than a web. Your alternative as MM or Surv is of course a spider.

AB, AV, EotS - Rhino, all the way. As a Dwarf, the pet just looks beastly and I have it set to charge then use the special attack to launch the other faction into the air. Last night I managed in AB to launch a rogue who hit sprint, jumped and then was rhino gored from LM almost all the way into BS. Interrupts casting and scores mad field goals.

Arena - If I see a lot of casters, a gorilla. The interrupts for casters are more frequent than other pets. Rogue comp? Bust out a bird of prey for disarms.

I tried rocking a Ravager once...didn't like it.
Last edited by Ocyen on Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heleos
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Medivh

Unread post by Heleos »

Ooh very nice advice on different pets there. Thank you.
Heleos
Night Elf Hunter
Medivh- US
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

It is worth noting that the ravager provides 4% increased physical damage, not lowered armor. Raptors and serpents provide sunder armor.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

TygerDarkstorm wrote:It is worth noting that the ravager provides 4% increased physical damage, not lowered armor. Raptors and serpents provide sunder armor.
^
This.

Between these two choices, spider wins for me, hands down. Ravager is still a worthy PvE pet, though.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Cerele
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Hellscream

Unread post by Cerele »

Ravager when they had knock back were great pvp. but now being one of two pets with 4% increase in physical damage are great for marks pve. Spider has the better ability for pvp by far. but best pvp pet i personally think is the silithid, but you dont roll BM so go with spider

signature thanks to Kurieno
Novali
Realm: Black Dragonflight

Unread post by Novali »

I'm BM and I always use a spirit beast because hes a pocket healer plus the roar of courage ups my str and agi. Seriously hard to kill me with a combo of spirit heal and gift of the Naaru. xD

I used a spider back before spirit heal was put in though. Keeping people at bay was my first and foremost important aspect of pvp.
Harvoc
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Fizzcrank

Unread post by Harvoc »

If I'm in WSG, EotS, SotA, or TP, I use my spider for the root. If I'm helping out a flag carrier, I use my gorilla or crocolisk for Intervene, which only Tenacity families have. If I need to burn down a flag carrier, I use my wasp for the added damage. Elsewhere, I use my wasp, monkey, spider, and crocolisk for general use and my gorilla and bird of prey if I know that I'll be facing a caster or melee, respectively, beforehand.
Ocyen
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Earthen Ring

Unread post by Ocyen »

Harvoc wrote:If I'm in WSG, EotS, SotA, or TP, I use my spider for the root. If I'm helping out a flag carrier, I use my gorilla or crocolisk for Intervene, which only Tenacity families have. If I need to burn down a flag carrier, I use my wasp for the added damage. Elsewhere, I use my wasp, monkey, spider, and crocolisk for general use and my gorilla and bird of prey if I know that I'll be facing a caster or melee, respectively, beforehand.
I love Intervene, has kept me alive in so many fights against other hunters or casters.

/petfollow
/cast [target=YOURNAME] Intervene

Basically I love my Rhino pet. With Intervene to come to my aid and Horn Toss to throw an enemy up into the air; it's just more fun then it ought to be.