Ariela's Taming Journal

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Ariela's Taming Journal

Unread post by Rhyela »

*Renamed from "Not rare, not unique, but special!", as I keep taming new things and figured I might as well do one of them there fancy journals.*

When I started this hunter up, I had already decided that I wasn't going to tame anything unless I really felt a pull, or was certain I would use it. As much as I love pets, I didn't want this hunter to be another "collector" (not right away, anyway ;)). I wanted my distant-future pet to be "the one".

I took the Survival talent tree, thinking that I probably wouldn't even have a pet for quite a while, and so I needed to be able to kill things on my own or with just my brother (who is Marksman). Well, we were questing at some academy place thingy in Eversong Woods, and we ran across some brown lynxes. Now, I've seen lynxes a billion and a half times, and have even tried taming them on other hunters before. I can just never bring myself to keep them, not when I find the saber model/skins more appealing. But, for some reason, these brown ones really called to me this time around. I'm not sure why. I figured it was probably because they matched the armor I was wearing at the time, and decided I was not going to tame one. I also don't like feeling "conformist". I mean, how many blood elves tame lynxes? Probably most of them. I wanted to be different. So, no, I was not going to tame a lynx, darn it!

I made dinner when my husband got home, then logged back on after eating. And what did I do? That's right, I tamed a brown lynx. Crap! :lol: While questing earlier, the name Percival popped into my head, and it just seemed like a perfect name for one of these. I was mulling the name about in my head while cooking. So, that probably nudged me in the taming direction, too.

Anyway, I renamed my brown lynx "Purcival", and he just became this awesome bundle of kitty goodness. In case you were wondering (probably not, but I will explain it anyway), the name Purcival is a mix of "Percival" and "purr". However, "Purrcival" just looked really yucky to me, so I dropped one of the "r"s.

Even though I've only had him a few hours, the thought of letting him go for any reason actually makes me feel a little panicky. Yeah, I think he's "the one".

Without further ado, meet my buddy Purci!

Attachments
WoWScrnShot_082411_193910.jpg
WoWScrnShot_082411_193910.jpg (220.77 KiB) Viewed 2386 times
Last edited by Rhyela on Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:32 am, edited 6 times in total.

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Not rare, not unique, but special!

Unread post by Vephriel »

Aww, such a sweetie! :D He looks wonderful with your character, I love how his eyes (green/yellow) match your character with green eyes and blonde hair. Even in the screenshot I can see that bond. ^^ *pats Purci*
Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

D'aww, thanks Veph! :hug: I knew you, of all people, would understand best that bond we share with our pets, and often in the last place we'd think to look. :3

I was trying to make a (really crappy) signature of us tonight, but GIMP isn't playing nice and he's always got this big strip of color/skin missing. If I could hug and cuddle this kitty in game (besides just the emotes), I so would. <3 I was hoping to make a signature that reflected that, but noooo. Picky GIMP is picky. :cry:

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Frostwolf, Blackwater Raiders

Unread post by Aeladrine »

Aww, you guys are super cute together!(: Never underestimate common pets! <3
• Aela's Pet Journal

Totally fantastic avatars and signatures by Sookie, Nili, Serenith, and Kurenio.
Tumblr || Deviantart || WoW RP Blog

Samskeyti
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Steamwheedle Cartel EU

Unread post by Samskeyti »

I still absolutely adore lynxes. And they're the last reminders of our previous feral form.
I had the same happening to be regarding Pride of Bethekk. I never really wanted one, and didn't like the hunched cat. But twice when I was in Ulduar, I told my guild I would love to try and tame one, and twice, it didn't happen. When ZG came out again, I saw that the same model was roaming around in there. So when I was doing the dungeon, again I asked the guild if I could try znd tame one and again, I kept losing taming aggro and they all ended up dying. Then Acherontia posted the youtube walkthrough on how to solotame ZG pets, and I got one in under 10 minutes! And something happened, and he became my favorite cat.
Mozag
Realm: Several on EU.

Unread post by Mozag »

Congratulations on finding your ONE! You two look great together. <3
Nahale
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Nahale »

Last edited by Nahale on Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Qinni
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin(US)

Unread post by Qinni »

You two look great together, here is hoping for many great adventures together!
Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

Thank you everyone!!! ^.^

Erwin
Realm: Quel'Thalas EU / Runetotem EU

Unread post by Erwin »

Grats! And it looks unique indeed! Never meet a hunter over lvl 20 with a Lynx pet ^^
Image Image
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Oh gosh, how did I not see this thread? You two are SO CUTE together! Definitely recommend keeping your pictured gearset for RP moments. :) Lovely!

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord
Location: A certain house in Gilneas as long as I can sneak in to camp out there.

Unread post by Karma »

The lynx cat model I think is gorgeous. And just goes to show it is how you and the pet mesh--not the rareness or uniqueness. My favorite pet ever and always is my ghost saber Amok. And Karoma, my Doofus wolf pet. You two look purfect together :}
Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

Karma wrote:.....You two look purfect together :}
I c wut u did thar! :3 Thank you! I think so, too. ;)

I am surprised I like him so much. I thought for sure that if I was going to get a cat, it'd be a saber model. Love has a way of sneaking up on you when you least expect it. :D I have never personally been fond of transparent beasts like the ghost saber, but then next thing I know, I find myself loving Gondria the most out of the spirit beasts. :lol: I even had Loque - twice! - and still prefer Gondria over all of them. ^.^

Sei
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Skywall

Unread post by Sei »

Awww how cute!! <3 Great pic! For the billion rares I have tamed, I never could bring myself to get rid of my very first tame on my very first hunter (well only hunter).
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord
Location: A certain house in Gilneas as long as I can sneak in to camp out there.

Unread post by Karma »

Rhyela wrote:
Karma wrote:.....You two look purfect together :}
I c wut u did thar! :3 Thank you! I think so, too. ;)

I am surprised I like him so much. I thought for sure that if I was going to get a cat, it'd be a saber model. Love has a way of sneaking up on you when you least expect it. :D I have never personally been fond of transparent beasts like the ghost saber, but then next thing I know, I find myself loving Gondria the most out of the spirit beasts. :lol: I even had Loque - twice! - and still prefer Gondria over all of them. ^.^
I like Loque, but Gondria does rock--and glad you noticed that little play on words :}
ragerith
Realm: black dragonflight

Unread post by ragerith »

so when happened it was nothing special. i was in thousand needles with my ravager WorstRavage. my best friend plays all his toon with the name worst then some other word that describes how he sees them, so as a joke i do that with all common pets. but anyway we were in thousand needles and i saw a pester hide, one of those purple skinned hyena's there. i stabled ravage and then i went and found a fighter and tamed him. he's been one of my favorites ever since. then cata came out and unintentionally WorstPester had become special. due my taming him he wasn't in thousand needles when it flooded. as an rper i find it very sad and heartfelt, that because i tamed him he's now the last of his kind. pesterhides are just purple skinned hyena's so no one can tell by looking, that i have one of the rarest pets around just by means of circumstance. pester is my main ferocity pet since the day i tamed him. i'm happy i have him, and from an rper's stand point i take pride and care cause i'm the only family he has left.
Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

ragerith wrote:so when happened it was nothing special. i was in thousand needles with my ravager WorstRavage. my best friend plays all his toon with the name worst then some other word that describes how he sees them, so as a joke i do that with all common pets. but anyway we were in thousand needles and i saw a pester hide, one of those purple skinned hyena's there. i stabled ravage and then i went and found a fighter and tamed him. he's been one of my favorites ever since. then cata came out and unintentionally WorstPester had become special. due my taming him he wasn't in thousand needles when it flooded. as an rper i find it very sad and heartfelt, that because i tamed him he's now the last of his kind. pesterhides are just purple skinned hyena's so no one can tell by looking, that i have one of the rarest pets around just by means of circumstance. pester is my main ferocity pet since the day i tamed him. i'm happy i have him, and from an rper's stand point i take pride and care cause i'm the only family he has left.
I know exactly what you mean! My red spider, Naphthali, was a mob in Zul'Gurub back when it was a raid. Now that it's been repurposed, she is the last of her kind (in my mind). She's so special to me, I feel like I saved her from certain doom. :D

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Aww, that's awesome ragerith. ^^

On my troll hunter, Gazini, I went and tamed Steelsnap the hyena from Thousand Needles. Even though he wasn't really a colour I liked, I remember him being such an iconic mob in that zone. The fact that he would go extinct after it flooded made me grab him on the eve of Cataclysm, and even though Gaz already has her red hyena Legba, Steelsnap sits in her stables as a memento of that old quest and in order to preserve the memory of his intimidating patrol through Thousand Needles. I still recall on all of my alts over the years trying to seek him out once I got the quest, and usually being ambushed by him and his posse when I wasn't. :lol:
dragonaa
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: ghostlands

Unread post by dragonaa »

i had wolf from the old shadowfang keep i had had sence i was a wee little hunter but i abandonded him one night cleaning my stables (half asleep at the time) i had copletely for got when he had came from and how rare he truely was :( i miss you anubis

Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

dragonaa wrote:i had wolf from the old shadowfang keep i had had sence i was a wee little hunter but i abandonded him one night cleaning my stables (half asleep at the time) i had copletely for got when he had came from and how rare he truely was :( i miss you anubis
Depending on how long ago it was, you *might* be able to submit a ticket and ask a GM to restore him to you, if he is that special to you. It never hurts to at least try!!! :)