Transmogrification Nightmares

Sigrah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Area 52

Transmogrification Nightmares

Unread post by Sigrah »

Title says it all, post what you think are some of the most disastrous sets out there and wouldn't want to see at all. For me, it has to be the Vanguard set (and any like it) for female plate wearers. Don't get me wrong, I love looking at women in revealing outfits, but this is supposed to be a plate set, not evening lingerie. The link below pretty much sums it up, and be sure to look at the back side.

http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items=15 ... 760:10+1:0
Kurenio
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Ner'zhul

Re: Transmogrification Nightmares

Unread post by Kurenio »

Well I feel sorry because there is a long thread about bikini armor on the official forums :O

My Characters
Signatures thanks to the amazing Sookie,Kuraine,
Rongar, Serenith and Me!
"Follow my heart, Follow my head, I'll follow anything to get to her heart."
12 hunters and 10 other classes being leveled.

Nubhorns
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: WrA

Unread post by Nubhorns »

The only thing I don't like about the vanguard set and its lookalikes is that it leaves the backs of the legs exposed, which is more of a personal taste thing as I think it looks stupid. I still have the set on my warrior though. :)

There's really no reason to be so sorry for the plate wearers. People are going to wear what they want, and there's not a thing you can do about it. If you're a female plate wearer who doesn't want a plate bikini(and there are maybe 6, 7 sets that really qualify as 'bikini' and the term is really blown out of proportion) there are many plate sets that look quite nice and aren't as revealing.

I'm going to get tired of seeing the black mageweave, though. Not because of how revealing it is, but because it's bland as hell. I imagine there's going to be a lot of tier sets running around too, which isn't 'bad' but I think it's funny that in an effort to change the monotony of gear skins everyone is going to look the same anyway.

|| deviantART || armory || magistream ||

Wassa
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Wassa »

They recently fixed these pants, but for years they looked like this. D=

A rare visitor to this forum now that I don't play WoW anymore, but forever a Petopian.

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Yes, minimalistic armor seems silly for tanking classes. Even my ranged nelf hunter would be horrified to be in combat with so little protection. However, the funny thing is my worgen hunter, who has very thick fur, wants as much freedom of movement as possible and prefers less restrictive armor.

I'm pretty sure there will be quite a mix of gear sets, from revealing to sturdy, from bland to flashy. I'm actually quite curious to see how it will turn out.

As to the original question, I always found the eyeball armor from BC disturbing. --stop staring at me! get out of my mind!! aaahhh!!!
Sam
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Sam »

Sigrah wrote:Title says it all, post what you think are some of the most disastrous sets out there and wouldn't want to see at all. For me, it has to be the Vanguard set (and any like it) for female plate wearers. Don't get me wrong, I love looking at women in revealing outfits, but this is supposed to be a plate set, not evening lingerie. The link below pretty much sums it up, and be sure to look at the back side.

http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items=15 ... 760:10+1:0
Haha! I was thinking of that set. But for different reasons. My thing with that set is it looks like it's parts from three different sets. The colors work, but the styles don't. The helm and the shoulders are the odd bits out (and they don't go with each other either -- especially those shoulders, they look so arcane, like they should be cloth.)

It would also look better with some armor on the backs of the legs, as noted, and if it looked like there was anything holding up the cups... they must be glued on. I'm not a fan of entirely backless outfits. The evening dresses bug me with their backlessness too.
"There are very few problems caused by sorcerers that can't be solved with a sharp stick."
Sam
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Sam »

The thing is, it's all subjective. What one person loves, another may think looks awful.
I can't stand the furry, patched-together look of some lowbie leather armor... it looks
like it would smell really bad too...

But to someone else? That might be their favorite armor ever and they've been rolling
baby hunters over and over just to get to wear it. Or it may represent their RP character
perfectly (maybe a sort of frontiersman, Grizzly Adams type) so they are looking forward
to being able to use that look at 85.

I'm sure there will be people who find my choices less than epic, and possibly badly
matched too. :mrgreen: But I have my own sense of what works...
"There are very few problems caused by sorcerers that can't be solved with a sharp stick."
Kayb
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Kayb »

hehe, one of my lowbie orc hunters wears that get up... i like it...

but armor sets look different on the various races too. this outfit looks bad on a human, but on my orc it's cool
Check out some arty stuff?
http://admiral-lilwall.deviantart.com/

'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

http://lilwall.net
Kurenio
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Ner'zhul

Unread post by Kurenio »

everything looks good on a fembelf.... well not really.

My Characters
Signatures thanks to the amazing Sookie,Kuraine,
Rongar, Serenith and Me!
"Follow my heart, Follow my head, I'll follow anything to get to her heart."
12 hunters and 10 other classes being leveled.

Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

That would look nice on a female draenei. That set isnt so bad. There's worse.

Now what I'm gonna say is only something I've HEARD from a few friends. So it's not my words nor do I have any proof of anything but maybe someone here might know something about it.

I've heard back in vanilla and BC, most feminine armor was always very revealing. Women's Rights/Extreme Feminists thought that was sexist so they bitched about it and Blizzard from then on tried not to make AS revealing clothes as they once did. So that would explain why you don't find as much come Wrath and Cata....kinda makes me sad. The characters are beautiful and I don't see anything wrong with them having something flashy(If it were an actual war, I'd say they need to cover up but this is a game....a non-realistic one at that. Fantasy games usually have women in revealing clothing in some shape or form because...well...it sells and is appealing to both genders).

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Nubhorns
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Jessibelle wrote:(If it were an actual war, I'd say they need to cover up but this is a game....a non-realistic one at that. Fantasy games usually have women in revealing clothing in some shape or form because...well...it sells and is appealing to both genders).
Considering several classes/professions have the ability to bring people back from the dead with little to no difficulty, you'd think not wearing full plate would be less of a big deal. I know it doesn't work in quite the same way Lorewise, but still, if a pally can bring me from near death to full health I don't think he's going to blow a gasket over showing a little leg. Or a lot of leg.

I've said it before, but I really like the skimpy gear - it just depends on the character, for me. My Draenei is a treasure hunter first and foremost and if it's flashy and expensive, she'll wear it - but she also does mercenary work and will wear mail for that; the Vicious Gladiator's set in particular is one of my favorites as it has actual mail*.

Sort of related but not really on topic, part of me hopes that with the release of Transmogrification, people will be a little less judgmental to people for wearing what they like. As it is now, heaven forbid that mageweave or plate bikini is actually an upgrade and you don't hide it under a tabard and complain about how much you hate it - you'll get enough trash talked about you on the RP servers to last you to 85, it seems. At the same time, though, I think that stereotype is not going to die anytime soon - people will wear what they want, and they'll continue to be judged for it.

*Most distressingly when I checked my armory to verify the name I noticed poor Veeks appears to have undergone a gender switch. Yikes.

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

I've grown more tolerant of the skimpy sets as time's gone by, but I don't think that it's something that anyone should be forced to wear for a tier. Naturally, this is a moot point with transmogrification coming in, but personally, I think the less coverage you have, the lousier the armor is (e.g. green quality, as pictured). It works for other armor types; why not plate too?

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Nubhorns wrote:
Jessibelle wrote:(If it were an actual war, I'd say they need to cover up but this is a game....a non-realistic one at that. Fantasy games usually have women in revealing clothing in some shape or form because...well...it sells and is appealing to both genders).
Considering several classes/professions have the ability to bring people back from the dead with little to no difficulty, you'd think not wearing full plate would be less of a big deal. I know it doesn't work in quite the same way Lorewise, but still, if a pally can bring me from near death to full health I don't think he's going to blow a gasket over showing a little leg. Or a lot of leg.

I've said it before, but I really like the skimpy gear - it just depends on the character, for me. My Draenei is a treasure hunter first and foremost and if it's flashy and expensive, she'll wear it - but she also does mercenary work and will wear mail for that; the Vicious Gladiator's set in particular is one of my favorites as it has actual mail*.

Sort of related but not really on topic, part of me hopes that with the release of Transmogrification, people will be a little less judgmental to people for wearing what they like. As it is now, heaven forbid that mageweave or plate bikini is actually an upgrade and you don't hide it under a tabard and complain about how much you hate it - you'll get enough trash talked about you on the RP servers to last you to 85, it seems. At the same time, though, I think that stereotype is not going to die anytime soon - people will wear what they want, and they'll continue to be judged for it.

*Most distressingly when I checked my armory to verify the name I noticed poor Veeks appears to have undergone a gender switch. Yikes.
Oh yes. Definitely so. I've just also noticed the skimpy trend had downsized since Wrath and Cata's releases.

Off topic: Whats the clothes your draenei is wearing? I'd like to see how they'd look on Taluwen or my maghar orc Titala. They look really tribal. :3

LisaaraPokefarm

Sam
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Sam »

Kayb wrote: ...but armor sets look different on the various races too.
This is so true, and I didn't realize the full extent of it until I got the model viewer!
For instance, all those skimpy plate sets look rather hilarious on my gnome... and
show a lot less skin... she has less skin to reveal! :lol:
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

My one beef with skimpy armor is that it's mostly not equally skimpy for males. I want scantily clad males!
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

GormanGhaste wrote:My one beef with skimpy armor is that it's mostly not equally skimpy for males. I want scantily clad males!
^ YES! XD I want to make my fiance wear skimpy clothes for me on his draenei...

Dont judge me! XD Male Draenei are HAWT!

LisaaraPokefarm

Erinyes

Unread post by Erinyes »

See, the funny thing is that my plans for my blood elf female hunter are either:

wowhead.com/compare?items=15655:18312:15654:15656:15694:15653:15649:31547:18860 for the silly fun-ness of a plate-kini, c'mon it's fun to look rediculous
or
wowhead.com/compare?items=14788:14794:14789:14792:14796:14793:56641:37122 for the leather-y, nature-y look (despite the skimpiness)

To each their own I guess.
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

Eh im not sure what to think of transmorg yet. On one hand, I can’t wait to get my dragon set. I have been running around collecting my illdari themed, dragon themed and renegade armor for weeks and almost have everything for both my dps and pvp set and I am really happy with the way it all matches up. Sometime me and friends would clear old raids just for a shot a that one item that that one friend just HAD to have, even though she could never use it for more then having fun. With the stransmorg coming out I got friends who cant wait to get their “Sindori” themed mage outfit or their “old tier gear” back.

On the other side, I really have a hard time taking someone seriously when they run around in their tank-kini and whatnot. When its an upgrade to what you had I can understand that. (My sister gave my mage so much grief when I went into outlands and ended up wearing a thong that was insanely better then my old pants -.-) But seeing 85s run around like that are hard to take seriously. I do tend to look at things in the “this is a war zone, dress for war” mindset more then “This is a silly game, plate doesn’t have to be protective” but that’s just me =P When someone does it just for the fun of looking silly then yeah I will laugh with them. I myself have a tank-kini and other silly things stored away in the bank for a good laugh now and then. But after hanging around GS for too long, I cant help but wonder if this is the thing that will take the moonguard Gold Shier to all the other severs. ._.

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Erinyes wrote:for the leather-y, nature-y look
I plan on using that protector armor for my Worgen.
Nubhorns
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Jessibelle wrote:Off topic: Whats the clothes your draenei is wearing? I'd like to see how they'd look on Taluwen or my maghar orc Titala. They look really tribal. :3
Veeka's wearing the Giantstalker bracers/gloves/belt/pants/boots and Antiseptic-Soaked Dressing. :P You can buy the dressing in Dalaran or the AH(although it's more expensive there) but if you can't solo/get some friends to help with Molten Core, there's an Outland recolor that is more gold/orange. I was aiming for that originally, but the gloves are from a quest I did ages ago and I don't think I could get them back. :(