Realm: Ner'zhul

Re: Which armour set will you use?

Unread post by Kurenio »

if only shaman wore pants.

My Characters
Signatures thanks to the amazing Sookie,Kuraine,
Rongar, Serenith and Me!
"Follow my heart, Follow my head, I'll follow anything to get to her heart."
12 hunters and 10 other classes being leveled.

Wassa
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Wassa »

Ok, took me awhile to find a transmogrification set for Wassa but I think I found it. I mostly wear druid gear for RP (feathers! <3 ) so I wanted similar for a mail set, and I found a druid kilt that comes in mail too!

WassaTransmogSet.PNG
WassaTransmogSet.PNG (176.83 KiB) Viewed 2614 times
Helm: Hateful Gladiator's Chain Helm
Shoulders: Grunt's Pauldrons
Chest: Hateful Gladiator's Chain Armor
Gloves: Hateful Gladiator's Chain Gauntlets
Belt: Sash of the Grand Hunt
Pants: Stormsong Kilt
Weapon: Devotion Which I already use for my RP set.

Blue is a color Wassa never really wears, I mostly have green RP gear with red battle gear, but I'm liking it. Also it's odd for me to hide Wassa's hair but I love that cowl. I just wish this style helm came in mail too.

Still looking for a good bow. My Thori'dal, the Stars' Fury matches perfectly but I won't be able to use that, and I sold my Lohn'goron, Bow of the Torn-Heart long ago before I transferred so I don't think I can have a GM restore it, but I'll try.[/color]

A rare visitor to this forum now that I don't play WoW anymore, but forever a Petopian.

Niabi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Greymane-H, Rexxar-A, Staghelm-A/H, Nesingwary-A/H

Unread post by Niabi »

Some Shaman re-colored sets do have pants available Kurenio. In the case of the Sanctified Frost Witch's Copy I posted, you can obtain the cooresponding pants from ICC 25.

Come visit my lovely garden of dragons over at
Flight Rising

Kurenio
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Ner'zhul

Unread post by Kurenio »

Niabi wrote:Some Shaman re-colored sets do have pants available Kurenio. In the case of the Sanctified Frost Witch's Copy I posted, you can obtain the cooresponding pants from ICC 25.
oh yay

My Characters
Signatures thanks to the amazing Sookie,Kuraine,
Rongar, Serenith and Me!
"Follow my heart, Follow my head, I'll follow anything to get to her heart."
12 hunters and 10 other classes being leveled.

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Wassa, you've probably already seen it, but another possible kilt would be the kilt from Trollgore in Drak'theron.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Wassa
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Wassa »

LupisDarkmoon wrote:Wassa, you've probably already seen it, but another possible kilt would be the kilt from Trollgore in Drak'theron.
Yup. I thought of using that kilt with the matching chest piece Golden Links of Restoration, but it wouldn't be as easy to get and doesn't match any of the feathered shoulders closely.

I couldn't say no to the druid kilt anyways, hehe.

A rare visitor to this forum now that I don't play WoW anymore, but forever a Petopian.

Corbetti
Realm: Thunderhorn-EU

Unread post by Corbetti »

Updated shot of ma troll in green dragonscale:

(link below in case the image changes when I'm in raid gear)
corb_mog4.jpg
corb_mog4.jpg (87.88 KiB) Viewed 2614 times
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

LupisDarkmoon wrote:Hrm. Here's a question - is there a winter-y mail set? My taunka character would look great in a nice white or winter-themed set, hopefully a rather simple one, but I dunno if there are actually any sets even remotely like that. >.>
Found this Blackforge set.
Splaticus
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Frostwolf-US

Unread post by Splaticus »

still a work in progress

I know its a bit over the top at the moment, but I've always preferred sillyness. I was considering http://roleplaygear.wordpress.com/2011/ ... -recolour/ to go with my bow in the screen shot but farming ulduar is vastly harder than punching through mc and bt real fast :> The chance to grab a tier token is also a lot more likely praying for some random 14% drop.

I used to not want t6 at all but then I went ahead and took the shoulders anyways and fell in love with the color and how the eyeballs worked with being a forsaken in its own way.
Thanks to Kurenio for the texted ruin of lordaeron sig!
My hunter's stables:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/f ... t#15849171
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/f ... t#15979749
Rubiks-Q-Bert
Realm: Dentarg

Unread post by Rubiks-Q-Bert »

So this is my final look. I found all the pieces. No cape. I don't like the way they look on worgens with the hunch they have. Some of the pieces are BoE and was able to find in the AH. The shoulders are the only piece I had to farm for. A chunk of them are quest rewards.

Head - Malefactor's Eyepatch
Shoulder - Ironhide Pauldrons
Chest - Crimson Mail Hauberk
Belt - Inescapable Girdle
Legs - Savage Gladiator Leggings
Boots - Raider's Boots
Gloves - Felscale Gloves
Polearm - Lantresor's Warblade
Bow - High-Strung Bow
Astratia
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Astratia »

Well, here was my final idea, and yet I still can't create this one. I originally wanted the Icy Scale Spaulders, but the item is no longer available in game. So, I found in WoW Model Viewer the current shoulders she is wearing which are the 'Stat Test Mail Shoulders' . Guess I didn't notice the word 'test' in there because I can't find them anywhere. Same goes for the gloves... they are no longer available in game. The nearest gloves I liked were the Goblin Brawlers Gloves which turns out to be a starter warrior goblin item :/ How am I supposed to get that to Astra? Grind and level... might have to but will they work?

So please if you guys have any ideas for some black/blue shoulders or gloves let me know?

PS - This was funny... instead of sheathing her polearm, she decided to shoot it from her bow :3

Art Credit to Lupin Dark Wolf

Ceravan
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Anvilmar (alliance), Nesingwary (horde)

Unread post by Ceravan »

Here's what I would like my main hunters to look like, however, Nügget will never get that chance, unless they make ally pvp sets available to the horde. The green just looks so good on him.

Attachments
Hunters.jpg
Hunters.jpg (176.79 KiB) Viewed 2614 times

Wassa
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Wassa »

Astratia wrote:So please if you guys have any ideas for some black/blue shoulders or gloves let me know?
Shoulders:
Blue Dragonscale Shoulders
Dragonbone Shoulders Quest item
Horrific Flesh Epaulets or Shoulderguards of Crystalline Bone
Iceshear Pauldrons Quest item, but lots of shoulders look like these with same color so check the "same model as" tab.
Living Earth Shoulders or Shoulders of Lightning Reflexes LWing only
Pauldrons of Surging Mana
Un'Goro Mantle Quest item

Gloves:
Blizzard Keeper's Mitts Matches Horrific Flesh Epaulets and Shoulderguards of Crystalline Bone above.
Gloves of Taut Grip (black version) or Gloves of Unerring Aim (blue version)
Mitts of Burning Hail
Outrunner's Gloves
Spiritwalker Gauntlets
Winter Spectacle Gloves

Bloodthirsty Gladiator's Pursuit and Rift Stalker Armor pieces also work too.

Ryannie
Realm: Quel'dorei- Alliance

Unread post by Ryannie »

I'm personaly going back to T10. Icc gear is the only non-pvp set I have and personally my favorite.
Hey if you are wondering about the guild "Petopians" on Anasterian, well it got disbanded but a few of us decided to make a new guild called Protectors of Hyjal. Message anyone in-game to ask for an invite. Hope to see you guys again soon!
Astratia
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Astratia »

Thank you Wassa for all those options to use in place of the items I couldn't obtain :)
I decided to go with the Spirit Walker Gauntlets and the Rift Stalker Shoulders and now have this.

All I need to farm now are the boots and gloves :D

Art Credit to Lupin Dark Wolf

Sigrah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Area 52

Unread post by Sigrah »

This is a Giantstalker style set I put together using the rip-off BC armor drops and the Voodoo Hunting Bow you get from the ZA quest:

http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items=27 ... 571:10+1:0
Mozag
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Several on EU.

Unread post by Mozag »

Right, so I went ahead and overhauled some more of the outfits I wasn't happy with.

Hunters:

Image I have been struggling to find pauldrons to go with Lazuli's RP outfit, but managed to find some today. Now I can actually wear it, and that makes me very, very happy indeed!

Image I knew I wanted to use this bow on somebody, but it didn't look good on Laz, so I gave it to Lindy. She has mainly white pets, so the whole cold theme goes very well. And she is the only hunter of mine who I really want to wear a kilt.

Image Lomelinda is so hard to dress. I'm not fully pleased with this yet either, but it's in the right direction.

Image SO happy I finally found her something she looks good in, all my previous ideas were bad.

Warriors:

ImageImage

Druids:

ImageImage

Warlock:

Image - This is also an RP outfit.

Mage:

Priests:

ImageImage Yes, I love those shoulders. So sue me. :lol:

Shaman:

Image If it becomes available via Darkmoon Faire.

Paladins:

ImageImage

It's so nice to construct these now and then, and slowly build up the outfits that will remain as keepers. I'm SO annoyed that the Black Embersilk Robe has no stats. :cry:
Ebonrook
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord (US)

Unread post by Ebonrook »

Well, it took me forever to put together and LOTS of Etherium Prison Keys, but this is my set thus far.

The armor itself is the Mistshroud set, minus the helm and shoulders, with Dragon-Quake Shoulderguards and a Cloak of the Black Void. The weapon is a Stoneraven.

Now, I'm pleased as punch with this set and it was worth the hard work, but I've worked myself into a bit of a pickle. This one is a little particular about what sort of ranged weapon he uses (In-character, I mean. I do RP him). He's not one for big bulky weapons and tends to favor simple designs such as the classic crossbows and longbows. Only problem is... I can't really find many I like. The one I had picked out earlier was the Crossbow of the Crown, which is very nice and I still may use it... But I almost feel it's a little jarring to go from gold, gold, warm colors, gold, to SILVER...

Any suggestions? :O
7seti
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Frostmourne

Unread post by 7seti »

Ebonrook wrote: Now, I'm pleased as punch with this set and it was worth the hard work, but I've worked myself into a bit of a pickle. This one is a little particular about what sort of ranged weapon he uses (In-character, I mean. I do RP him). He's not one for big bulky weapons and tends to favor simple designs such as the classic crossbows and longbows. Only problem is... I can't really find many I like. The one I had picked out earlier was the Crossbow of the Crown, which is very nice and I still may use it... But I almost feel it's a little jarring to go from gold, gold, warm colors, gold, to SILVER...

Any suggestions? :O
There is a nice (and very under-appreciated) crossbow model on a few Northrend green drops: http://www.wowhead.com/item=36637#same-model-as

It might be a bit bulkier than what you're after, but it's worth a look.

Ranger Bow (http://www.wowhead.com/item=3021) is a simple longbow with some gold detailing.
Drezizul
Realm: Demon Soul

Unread post by Drezizul »

Not sure if this fits your gear http://www.wowhead.com/item=36628/under ... viewer:1+0 but its pretty close if your going for a old style look, would you consider using a gun? http://www.wowhead.com/item=13146#modelviewer or http://www.wowhead.com/item=4362#modelviewer