The Rehoming Room

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
meepitco
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nessingway- Main (H) Mannoroth- Secondary (A)

Re: The Rehoming Room

Unread post by meepitco »

Rehomed a ankha to a person's son's hunter (I think that's correct grammer). This was the third Ankha I've seen.

Click the picture, it takes you to my deviantart.

Tumblr is here.

ahnalia
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Drak'thul/Feathermoon

Unread post by ahnalia »

My kids have taken after me. My middle daughter re-homed a Skoll to an alliance player who had never heard of Skoll but when she described him, he was extremely excited to come get it, and she was happy to have helped the other side (she's a BE).
Then my youngest daughter, bless her 8 year old heart, re-homed a Bayne to a level 10 hunter, she was so excited to help find a rare a home she was almost in tears to have found her first rare lol.

They both got ice cream for helping fellow hunters lol.

Edit: I just realized all three of my daughters play WoW, and they are all hunters, and my husband has a retired hunter.. must run in the family XD
Serahna (85 Hunter (Horde) - Drak'thul
Ahnalia (85 Hunter (Alliance) - Feathermoon
Autumnrose (60 Hunter (Alliance) - Feathermoon

Dedicated Beast Master Hunter/Pet Nerd Extraordinaire and permanent member of "Pet Tamers Anonymous"
Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Runetotem

Unread post by Sarantha »

Rehomed a green Madexx (this pet has been up every time I've been in Uldum for about 2 weeks now) and I was very happy to see him tamed instead of murdered. The orc who tamed him was delighted, saying he'd never seen green up (apparently he'd not been to Uldum in 2 weeks, which is entirely probable). Madexx is totally getting ready to poison this guy's ass. Haha. But it ended well. He's got a new green lovely scorpid and Madexx isn't just another tear in someone's bag.

Part of Dark Magics, lvl 25 Horde guild, casual, helpful, don't raid, mostly help people and hunt pets.
Part of Dynasty, lvl 25 Alliance guild, casual and hardcore (your choice, no one forces you to raid, but you can), very helpful
Come on over if interested (Runetotem US, Horde name Sarantha, Ally name Ellysetta or Valeraud)
Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm

Unread post by Arthur »

ahnalia wrote:My kids have taken after me. My middle daughter re-homed a Skoll to an alliance player who had never heard of Skoll but when she described him, he was extremely excited to come get it, and she was happy to have helped the other side (she's a BE).
Then my youngest daughter, bless her 8 year old heart, re-homed a Bayne to a level 10 hunter, she was so excited to help find a rare a home she was almost in tears to have found her first rare lol.

They both got ice cream for helping fellow hunters lol.

Edit: I just realized all three of my daughters play WoW, and they are all hunters, and my husband has a retired hunter.. must run in the family XD
Aw, This is so sweet.. x3 It made me smile.

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Meggers
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

Rehomed another red madexx! I think the red one really likes me...this is like the 3rd one I've found. XD (Tamed first, rehomed the other two)

Took me 15 minutes of whispering a bunch of people to find one that wasn't afk and wanted to come grab it too. Haha
ImageImage
Meggers

Unread post by Meggers »

Rehomed an Ankha today, took me about 8 whispers to afk people to finally get someone there and they ran right over! Poor guy died twice because he didnt see my message about removing his gear but he got her the third time and seemed very appreciative. :)

Feels good to rehome rares! Haha
ImageImage
Zhuge
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Kul'Tiras (EU)

Unread post by Zhuge »

Banthy, Kul'Tiras EU and the trolls take 3.

Zoning out of MF I see Banthy is up. I advertise over general that I can help any hunter who wants him. I get 2 /w from a troll hunter and an orc. The troll tells me he's struggling to pull him down and he has a healer on the way to help. The orc has just ported through from Orgrimmar at Nord, so I tell him it looks like Banthy is already rehomed.

I pull Banthy down whilst a Paladin advertises in general that hes getting a group together to kill Banthy for the shiney epic spectral mount he drops (WTF?!). I run him into the nearest trap, and the troll hunter attempts to tame...but it wont let him. I check his spec, yup BM. Then I see the orc hunter also attempting to tame at the same time. Then it starts, 'I'll kill him if you dont let me have him blah blah'. The paladin is still lurking, begging for a healer...I tell the orc to let the troll have him, he was here first and had yet to die so in theory it was still his first go. It takes a threat of a ticket but the orc backs off and the troll retraps and tames. The orc seems sad and flies off :(

I gz the troll and head off to do dailies promising the orc that the next Banthy I see is his. Then I spot Anhka! The orc rushes over and tames first time :D So from 1 happy hunter to 3 :D He only wanted a SB for pvp it seems and loved the look of the kitty :3 And no one believes me when I say get naked! xD :lol:

Happy days :D

I dont know whether to feel sorry or mad at the paladin - seriously -_-"

Click to enter my lair

Zakarya on Flight Rising

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

I hope you told that paladin that Ban'thalos doesn't drop a mount.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Melentari
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Melentari »

I've rehomed Ban'thalos twice in the last two days. This morning's was to a hunter who didn't know how to tame him, so I told him how and laid the trap for him, and in the end, we were both standing there with pretty spirit beasts - my Magria and his Banny. It gave me warm fuzzies.

Melentari and Tevildo - she tamed him a long time ago.

Zhuge
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Kul'Tiras (EU)

Unread post by Zhuge »

Jessibelle wrote:I hope you told that paladin that Ban'thalos doesn't drop a mount.
I did indeed inform everyone over general about the challenge tames having no loot of value or achievements, but the paladin and his group just shot me down mouthing off that I was a hunter so was gonna want to tame it instead of killing it for the loot -.-"

I give up on my server, I really do :roll:

Click to enter my lair

Zakarya on Flight Rising

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Zhuge wrote:
Jessibelle wrote:I hope you told that paladin that Ban'thalos doesn't drop a mount.
I did indeed inform everyone over general about the challenge tames having no loot of value or achievements, but the paladin and his group just shot me down mouthing off that I was a hunter so was gonna want to tame it instead of killing it for the loot -.-"

I give up on my server, I really do :roll:
Come to the US servers on Moon Guard! :D

Gah...Stupidity at its best. I would've said "orly? Go wowhead it. Go on. Tell me what it drops."

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Rehomed Skitterflame to an alliance hunter using my alliance druid. I at first tried helping a tauren try and tame it by telling him how, but he wouldn't listen and when he died and it was fairly the ally hunter's turn, he kept breaking the ally's trap, so I refused to help him further and logged on to my ally toon to help that guy. He got Skitter with no problem, even though the tauren hunter kept trying to break roots and make him fail.
Part of Dark Magics, lvl 25 Horde guild, casual, helpful, don't raid, mostly help people and hunt pets.
Part of Dynasty, lvl 25 Alliance guild, casual and hardcore (your choice, no one forces you to raid, but you can), very helpful
Come on over if interested (Runetotem US, Horde name Sarantha, Ally name Ellysetta or Valeraud)
Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Double post, but wanted to say I did another alliance rehoming. Saw Deth was up when NPCscan blared for my hunter, asked around on Horde side, no one wanted Deth, so I logged to alliance. I asked around for a bit, was disappointed when no one there seemed to want him either. I did some dailies with the druid, /who'd Molten Front again, saw a new hunter and whispered him. He DID want Deth but had been afraid to try because of all the horror stories he'd heard of tame ganking, people outright killing it, etc. I talked him in to going for it, telling him the truth that I'd already asked on Horde side and no one seemed interested so he would be fine and that I had been staring at Deth's unmolested form for about 30 minutes. He got up the courage to ask for an invite and try his hand at Deth. So we started the routine. He sending his pet to die, me constantly rooting it. It worked like a charm. In about 5 minutes, he had himself a lovely purple spider and kept saying "ty ty so much do you want gold???". I felt like I had really done something good this time and was happy to see someone get this awesome pet that he'd been too afraid to even try for before.
Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I am having insane rehoming luck this week, and I'm not even really trying! Just rehomed Ban. A BElf couldn't get on the tree, Ban was up and no one else was trying, so I decided to help the BElf. I inv'd him and used Mass Summon to get him on the tree tip. He accidentally fell off somehow, and I had to wait for him to get back up there by himself. It took him a few tries, but he got it. Once he did, he couldn't figure out how to pull Ban, so I offered to pull Ban for him then FD so he could tame her easily. It worked. I flew up, tagged Ban, fell, trapped her, then FD'd. He tamed easily and was nicely grateful at the help getting the coolest spirit beast in game.
Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

Rehomed an Ankha. Horray green/white ghost kittehs!
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Helped rehome Karkin by just telling my channel he was up.

Rehomed Deth to a...not so bright NElf hunter using my druid. He kept breaking roots even after I told him 3 times to stop and just rez his pet and let Deth keep killing it. He dps'd it enough to get and keep aggro, since all I was doing was casting roots, so he didn't have to KEEP dpsing it. No one else was even trying for Deth, as is usual with my server. He finally got it and said "thankyouthankyou" to my druid, who he hadn't spoken a word to since I started helping him. I'm just glad Deth got tamed basically.
Wark
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Earthen Ring-US

Unread post by Wark »

I hate Lock-knee-hack, it's the stupidest spirit beast ever and it's dumb with it's moonfire face and it's wasp waist and it's freakish sound files that always make me doubletake when I find someone using it in a battleground. (No, really, nothing liking minding your own business when suddenly RAWWWWWRrrrrrhhhhh RAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRHHHRAWHHHR raaaawrhhh.)

So of course every time I do a fly-by in the Basin to look for King Krush, of course that's who I find instead. I am a moonfire cat MAGNET.

Luckily it was toodangearly in the morning this time, so I had enough time to /who every hunter over 76 and wait for the couple I found that was interested slooooowly group up with me, then slooooowly accept my group summon, and then slooooowly load and quicklytameit.

Stupid cat.
Meggers

Unread post by Meggers »

I would honestly like Loque more if the waist wasn't so bitty/back legs didn't look odd. Overall the blue spots on a white coat is nice to me but the cat itself (and yes the noises holy crap) just doesn't interest me. :/

At least you found some people that liked it. :)
ImageImage
Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Loque's tail looks like a half squeezed ketchup bottle.

Anyway, rehomed Deth and Solix to alliance people using my druid and the awesome magic of roots. The worgen trying Deth was doing it wrong at first. I tried helping him on my orc hunter, but he kept kiting it too far away and Deth eventually reset even though we got him down to tamable health. I logged over to my alliance druid and came over to Deth's spot, told him who I was and what NOT to do (break roots, kite Deth too far) and we started again. He got Deth easily and thanked me. I noticed Solix was up, so I told an alliance friend who had been wanting him and invited him to my group and we went to Solix's cave. I rooted Solix, he spammed tame until Solix was ready and got him with no issue. Druids seriously make these two pets no challenge at all.
starkittens
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: mok'nathal, Runetotem, and a couple others

Unread post by starkittens »

will you guys stop dissing on poor loque? she is prettyfull! and the only cat like that in game! sheesh! meanies.

The burns of a fire may heal with time
but the burns from our love will never heal, even as the years pass on
{My Magistream Keep}{My DA}{My DC scroll}