Are the 4.2 rares still rare?

Vignax
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Nazjatar

Are the 4.2 rares still rare?

Unread post by Vignax »

After i reactivated my acc from a few months WoW Break, i log back in, and every day, i see almost all of the rares up everyday

While im posting this i see karkin,kirix,deth'tilac,magria,skitterflame and solix up

Is it just my realm or did they lose their title? :(

Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Re: Are the 4.2 rares still rare?

Unread post by Boven »

As far as I know, they're all still rare. I can think of two things that would explain why you see so many of them now.

First, most hunters who were out to tame them have already gotten the one(s) they wanted. I know I've seen one or more up and said something in zone and other channels, telling hunters they were up for taming and I've gotten no response.

Second, a lot of people have done enough Molten Front dailies that they've gotten the achievements, pets/mount/etc on at least one character. I dunno about others, but I'm rather glad to not be doing those any more on my main. Fewer players in the zone means fewer people killing the rares when they spawn.
Vignax
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Nazjatar

Unread post by Vignax »

Boven wrote:As far as I know, they're all still rare. I can think of two things that would explain why you see so many of them now.

First, most hunters who were out to tame them have already gotten the one(s) they wanted. I know I've seen one or more up and said something in zone and other channels, telling hunters they were up for taming and I've gotten no response.

Second, a lot of people have done enough Molten Front dailies that they've gotten the achievements, pets/mount/etc on at least one character. I dunno about others, but I'm rather glad to not be doing those any more on my main. Fewer players in the zone means fewer people killing the rares when they spawn.
Thanks for the anwser, i'm on a very low populated realm so that might be it :P

Meggers
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

Yeah my server they aren't up all that often. (Arthas)
ImageImage
Worba
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

Sooo glad to be done with MF dailies.
Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Runetotem

Unread post by Sarantha »

Some are up and stay up a long time on my server (the spiders and spirit cats) and some are either killed or snatched up instantly (Karkin, Skarr, Ban). It really all depends on the particular pet it seems. Spiders aren't really wanted on my server, nor are the Gondria clone cats (Magria and Ankha), but the others are. I've seen Deth and Magria in particular stay up for over 3 hours. Nothing like having a friend wanting Ankha instead of Magria, but unable to do anything or reset the timer since no one will tame Magria to get rid of her. We didn't want to kill her, if we even could manage it.
Part of Dark Magics, lvl 25 Horde guild, casual, helpful, don't raid, mostly help people and hunt pets.
Part of Dynasty, lvl 25 Alliance guild, casual and hardcore (your choice, no one forces you to raid, but you can), very helpful
Come on over if interested (Runetotem US, Horde name Sarantha, Ally name Ellysetta or Valeraud)
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Yeah, depends on the server and the demand. On WrA, for example, there are still lots of hunters out there looking for pet XYZ. It's a pretty high-population, alt-heavy realm, though. Still, I manage to run into the harder to tame spiders often. Deth and Kirix have sat around for up to an hour before people built up the courage to try taming.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!