What pet do you hate(dislike)? Why? (Rare or common)

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Runetotem

Re: What pet do you hate? Why? (Rare or common)

Unread post by Sarantha »

Kulingile is my Oozeworm and he's so cute! I love his bright green eyes and gorgeous golden yellow skin. To think such a pretty pet could be found in a level 30 worm from Dustwallow. I never even thought I'd like worms in general.

Banny, I LOVE HER! She was well worth the 20+ hour camp. Terrorpene, HATE! No offense to those who love him, but I couldn't keep him for long after taming him and using him a bit. Worms are much better looking tenacity pets, as are scorpids.
Part of Dark Magics, lvl 25 Horde guild, casual, helpful, don't raid, mostly help people and hunt pets.
Part of Dynasty, lvl 25 Alliance guild, casual and hardcore (your choice, no one forces you to raid, but you can), very helpful
Come on over if interested (Runetotem US, Horde name Sarantha, Ally name Ellysetta or Valeraud)
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Sarantha wrote:Kulingile is my Oozeworm and he's so cute! I love his bright green eyes and gorgeous golden yellow skin. To think such a pretty pet could be found in a level 30 worm from Dustwallow. I never even thought I'd like worms in general.

Banny, I LOVE HER! She was well worth the 20+ hour camp. Terrorpene, HATE! No offense to those who love him, but I couldn't keep him for long after taming him and using him a bit. Worms are much better looking tenacity pets, as are scorpids.
Agreed. I like worms and scorpids and crabs better as far as Tenacity goes.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Beast Families

Bats - I just don't like them for some reason. I love bats IRL so it's not like I'm afraid of them or anything, they just rub me the wrong way in-game.

Nether rays - I have one as a mount and that's fine and dandy (actually, I almost never use it), but I don't care much for them as pets.

Ravagers - I try to like them, but they are just far too jagged and alien for me.

Serpents - I hate their faces for some reason. I hate their hoods, too. I just really hate everything about them. Well, I will say the one thing I do like are their colors and how shiny they are. Other than that, I hate them.

Sporebats - Again, too alien.

Dogs - The mastiffs are unappealing and the demon dogs have this lopsided jaw thing when they do their idle animation, and it drives me up the wall. It looks so derpy.

Bears - I have tried every bear in the game, just about, and I can never bring myself to like them. Well, except for on an alt hunter I made many moons ago named Niara. She has a black bear from Hillsbrad (one of those massive ones) named Bahamut. When I was cleaning out her stable, I almost let him go but decided that he suited her. (I still don't care for bears, though, lol.)

Crabs - I love crabs IRL, they're so cute!!! However, the ones in game irritate me because when they're idle, their feet slide on the ground. Maybe it's just my eyes. It drives me crazy, though, and I can't look away. Night elf male feet used to do it, too.

Shale spiders - Same reason as crabs, since I'm almost certain they use the same basic skeleton or animations or w/e. Their feet slide around when they're standing, too. I don't care for the constant squeeing, either. Then, I dislike that they don't even look like actual beasts.

Vanilla-model worms - They remind me of intestinal parasites (especially that whitish one, bleh) too much. I love the jormungars, though.

Specific Mobs

Loque'nahak - I tamed him, released him, felt guilty and had him restored, then finally released him once and for all. I hate how he looks. I don't find him attractive in the slightest. He has a giant head and an ugly jaw, his waist is too tiny, and he just has an odd shape. I don't care if he's the "original" spirit beast or the "must-have" for BM hunters, I don't like him at all.

Sambas - I tamed him, ran one dungeon with him, then let him go. Not only is his mane obscenely floofy, he has a derpy face and his chest does this weird thing that I can't explain in words. If you look at his chest between his two front legs, around the area where his mane is supposed to connect to his body, you'll see what I mean. Cannot un-see.

Hunched cats - I admit that they are unique and neat, but I just don't like how their heads are constantly lowered. When they try to yawn, it looks painful. Me no likey.

Winna's kitten - Frigging ugly.

Gray gorilla - I don't mind the other gorillas but the flesh-colored face on this one bothers me.

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Comett
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by Comett »

I dislike monkeys and gorillas. :( They're really the only pets I cringe at (though I'm also not fond of undead/diseased beasts). I've also... never really seen a hunter that obviously loves the monkey/gorilla that they are using - they're always unnamed or "bananas" or "lolpvppoo" or something... maybe that contributes.

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

I dislike pets that don't match my current gear/armor.... seriously, if I can't match my heels with my handbag, we're done!

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Spiritbinder wrote:I dislike pets that don't match my current gear/armor.... seriously, if I can't match my heels with my handbag, we're done!
1. Summon pet
2. Get pet killed
3. Skin pet
4. Get leatherworker to make handbag from skin
5. Revive pet
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I wouldn't say I flat out hate any beast in this game, but there are some I personally don't care for.

Families in General
• Gorillas - I do not like humanoids as pets. I want an animal, not a pseudo-person. Gorillas have never appealed to me, and they're just...bleh.
• Monkeys - Pretty much all the same reasons as Gorillas.
• Dragonhawks - I like the concept of a dragon and a hawk, but I've never liked the beast we ended up with. The original Dragonhawks looked awesome (http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2 ... onhawk.JPG), but the ones we have now are like...flying butterfly-rooster-shrimp. Their lack of legs or ability to rest on the ground weirds me out a bit.
• Sporebats - They are pretty, but I'm not going to lie, I can't take them seriously. The phallic tails have ruined them forever for me. :lol:
• Foxes - The animals themselves don't do much for me, and I'm not a fan of their in-game models. I find the blocky shapes and broken back too noticeable on them.
• Shale Spiders - Don't get me wrong, I think these are awesome creatures, I just don't care for them as pets myself. I love the minipet, and they're fantastic Deepholm inhabitants, but they seem so weird, and hollow, and lifeless to me. Just...rocks.

Specific Models
• Sambas - Though I like the musculature and definition on the body, the head just bothers me completely. The oversized mane, derpy eyes, and overall feeling that he's about to topple over from the weight of everything. Ehh...I'll take an original lion model over him any day.
• Ant Silithids - They weird me out. I can't stand the body shape, especially when viewed from above. I certainly don't hate insects, but something about those models just makes me go eurgh.
• Loque'nahak - As others have mentioned, the bizarre anatomy becomes more apparent to me every time I look at him. I like his colours and everything, I just can't get past that pinched neck and weird shape any more.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I wouldn't say there's any models I actually dislike. Even the older ones with less polygons.

But there's a few I never own because of the animations. The ones that run like they have arthritis or a broken wheel, like worgs and monkeys.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Kayb
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Kayb »

With the exclusion of the Shale Spiders, and the classic Worms, I really really hate/disagree with the idea of Exotics. Core Hounds? Chimera? Devilsaurs? Ghostly beasts? Pft. No thanks. While I understand and fully appreciate that Azeroth is a make believe world of magics and so on, I still like a reasonable amount of realism, as such. Yes I know, Shale Spiders are rocks, I didn't plan on actually liking the things. I was actually quite strongly opposed to them at first. Heck, even though I love my Shale Spider, I still believe they should have been elementals, not beasts. Flaming two headed hell beasts from the molten core being tamed by some little mortal hunter? Pft. Vote no to Hydras. Vote no Boss Silithids. I still don't know who I feel about the other two types of Silithid. Worms I like, except for the Jormunger type. I wish they'd get switched to regular pets.

Dogs. For two reasons. Firstly, you don't 'tame' a domesticated pet. The Mastiffs are absurd in this regard. And they're ugly. Secondly, I'm sorry, but no, those are DEMON HOUNDS. They should have remained as DEMONS. If anyone was to tame a DEMON, it should have been Warlocks. I absolutely hate that these are tameable.

Other that, the beasts that are skinned to look like elementals or spirits/ghosts or made of stone/crystals etc. Such as lava tarantulas, spiders, Nemesis, mechanicals, spectral owls/wolves/whatevers.

*shrug* just my 2c
Check out some arty stuff?
http://admiral-lilwall.deviantart.com/

'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

http://lilwall.net
Mozag
Realm: Several on EU.

Unread post by Mozag »

Gorillas in this game are repulsive. They're too small. Their animations and noises piss me off, and the constant scratching makes me think they're mangy and smelly. I leveled with one for ten levels on my old Tauren hunter and I was also very put off by the fact that next to a black Tauren, a black gorilla looks like his very derpy little brother. The memory makes me cringe to this day, and is likely one of the reasons I can't stand playing male Tauren anymore.

While I've managed to turn around my rabid hatred of all silithids, and now own a few of the old model, I still really despise the boss silithid model. I don't even understand what is going on there! Why is it a big blog on small legs with a long nose? What the...I don't even...
Shame really, since some of the colours are lovely.
Perkthepally
Realm: draka fenris dragonmaw

Unread post by Perkthepally »

Boars every single one of them i just can't stand them
Morven
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Morven »

I keep Loque but otherwise spirit beasts haven't clicked with me, but that's possibly because I don't really play BM. Mindala brings Loque out when in town and in my internal RP Loque isn't a pet; he's a creature from the spirit realm that occasionally chooses to spend time with her.

Foxes ... yeah, the back bothers me, and the model is badly done. I can handle Loque's weird shape because he's not a real cat, he's a creature from the spirit world in the shape of a cat, kinda.

Mastiffs, just no.

Old world worms ... whoever said they look like parasites is so right.

Snakes. I wish that we could get the regular snakes that you see in e.g. Tanaris, but the hooded cobra model isn't for me.
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Last edited by Teigan on Wed May 23, 2012 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

I may love and adore white tigers, but the exception to that is King Bangalash. I hold deep animosity for him from back when he used to be a hard-as-nails elite to when he was the only pet that had Cobra Reflexes, so everybody and their dog had him, and today I still can't stand to look at him. The entire Hawkbane debacle is another key factor in my animosity towards this cat since the two share the same skin, and I don't think King B was ever removed from the game.

Another is Karkin, but I have a love/hate relationship with him. I like him, he's my favorite crab, but since that hell of a summer he gave me, I can't stand to see him now because of how much pain it brings me and he is the one pet I am absolutely terrified of trying to tame again, because I'm afraid that I'll have nothing but hellish luck again to the point where I /would/ end up quitting the game because of how much stress it had piled onto me. I might try on Dejanira since she's over on Nesingwary, so there'll be plenty of help, but I'm still unsure, but I want to stop having such negative feelings towards a pet I want to really like again.

When it comes to pet families, I cannot use crabs, gorillas, or monkeys. I was unable to bond with my goblin huntress's starter crab since it felt so lifeless to me, even though I really like crabs off-game. I've used a gorilla before, and he was okay since it was Uhk'loc, who has my favorite appearance (and reminds me of Blizzard from Primal Rage) but gorillas and I just don't click whenever I try to use one as a pet, and PetEmote actually helped me realize this, because I found myself not liking the emotes that much. I can stop to appreciate gorillas in the wild though. I've never been a fan of monkeys, either in-game or off-game thanks to my biological mother always calling me one. -_- I do find some monkeys off-game to be adorable, don't get me wrong, but in-game, I could never use one as a pet.
Worba
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

Nubhorns wrote:Madexx is kind of weird for me. He's very pretty no matter what color he is, but he's just so...middle-of-the-road as an actual pet. Scorpids were and still are very situational pets, which is why they're still so 'rare' now - people collect the colors because they're rare and pretty, and they kind of forget that they're not nearly as useful as a cat or a wolf or whatever else you normally use - there's nothing wrong with using them, of course, but I think they don't see much outside of someone's stables because they're a pet family that has a very specific niche. Same with the MF spiders - awesome if you PvP, but even then you only really need one.
/nod

This brings to mind the days when scorpids were a DPS pet, back when they still had a poison attack - and it stacked.

It was removed due to balancing concerns, I know, but it was so cool (and appropriate - having a scorpid with no poison effect, however balanced, feels very odd). Yet now that it has disarm instead, it just feels...blah.

I really think pet spells need to be more centralized - keep a few separate by body type, big things shouldn't have dash and little things shouldn't be tanky - but honestly I think a LOT more pets would see the light of day if players were able to at least mostly choose the abilities they want.

Otherwise we keep on with 90% of hunters using pets bottlenecked into like 1/3 to 1/2 of the total available pet families. :|
Calomel
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Icecrown

Re: What pet do you hate(dislike)? Why? (Rare or common)

Unread post by Calomel »

Families I can't stand:

Bats - It's the way they fly and hover, they way they attack. Their models don't even really look like "bats" to me, and their colors are bland and uninteresting variations on gray-brown. If I am going to tame a white bat, I want that bat to be white. Not the seven-year-old faded gray-yet-slightly-brown underwear color.

Primates - monkeys and gorillas...just no.

Dogs - Not a fan of the mastiff breed, even irl. Maybe if there was a Shepherd or Wolfhound look, sure.

Ravagers - fugly mutants. I have one just in case our raid ever needs the buff it brings, but I don't like it.

Spiders...this is an odd one, because I used to hate the spider family with a passion. (Tanin is afraid of spiders, deathly afraid) Which is sad, because my hunter has an insect theme. But I recently tamed Kirix with the help of a very good friend and the little green bugger has really grown on me. Probably because it doesn't look like it's really a "spider", but an animate pile of rocks and fire.

There's not really an individual pet that I can say I hate[/i] to see other hunters with. Only things that I personally wouldn't tame. I can't recall ever looking at another hunter's pet and thinking, "Wow that's one fugly pet, you're such a FOTM noob for having it." It's all individual preference, so who am I to judge what someone else can like or not?

Tanin - Troll - Beast Master - Icecrown, US
Currently Hunting: ...for the pacifier...

Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Runetotem

Unread post by Sarantha »

Kayb wrote: Dogs. For two reasons. Firstly, you don't 'tame' a domesticated pet. The Mastiffs are absurd in this regard. And they're ugly. Secondly, I'm sorry, but no, those are DEMON HOUNDS. They should have remained as DEMONS. If anyone was to tame a DEMON, it should have been Warlocks. I absolutely hate that these are tameable.

Other that, the beasts that are skinned to look like elementals or spirits/ghosts or made of stone/crystals etc. Such as lava tarantulas, spiders, Nemesis, mechanicals, spectral owls/wolves/whatevers.

*shrug* just my 2c
I agree with you on this account. I LOVE my spirit beasts, but I have to say its REALLY STUPID AS HELL to allow us to tame spirits and demons, and not, say, an elemental bird like a phoenix. If you're gonna break the rules, break them all the way and let us tame REAL elemental pets that look better. Also, why can we tame shale spiders (ROCK ELEMENTAL spiders) but not rock elemental worms? Makes NO SENSE! I would love to have one of those rock worms in Deepholm and don't understand why we can tame rock spiders but not worms.

As for dogs, your reason is why I don't have a single dog tamed. If I want a canine pet, I'm taming a wolf, not an already tamed pet. Dogs are ALREADY TAME! Thats why they're called dogs and not wolves! Dogs ARE wolves, just a tamed version.
Part of Dark Magics, lvl 25 Horde guild, casual, helpful, don't raid, mostly help people and hunt pets.
Part of Dynasty, lvl 25 Alliance guild, casual and hardcore (your choice, no one forces you to raid, but you can), very helpful
Come on over if interested (Runetotem US, Horde name Sarantha, Ally name Ellysetta or Valeraud)
Meggers
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

Yeah I am a little annoyed about some of the taming allowances. Mostly...

Demon Dogs (which are super demon looking)
Undead dogs
Undead Eagles
Shale Spiders

I don't think any of the above should be tamable. :/
ImageImage
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I'd add spirit beasts to that list too. There ghosts/spirirts not animals.
Meggers
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

Well that was just a personal list, I kinda like spirit beasts TBH.
ImageImage