I Start Playing Again Today!

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Skeeter
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: azshara

I Start Playing Again Today!

Unread post by Skeeter »

Starting a brand new Dwarf Hunter today on a completely new realm (new faction too!) and im super excited. I'm leveling him up strictly for Solo content, I plan on soloing alot of instances on my way to 85 (plan on Fraps'ing them too.

But....I will have to run some dungeons to get some gear once i hit 85, and possibly PvP with my buddies IRL, so what are some good Dwarf themed DPS pets.

I already plan on sticking with my starter bear + Cranky Benj once I'm 24, only plan on using 4 or 5 pets my entire time!
Meggers
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Sargeras US

Re: I Start Playing Again Today!

Unread post by Meggers »

Boars, snowy animals (white skins)

So basically any boar you want (except hellboar) maybe a snow leopard either normal or saber model (can do the all white saber cat too) and a white owl?
ImageImage
Skeeter
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Skeeter »

oo definantly like the idea of a boar, especially since I'll be maining MM this time around, I've never been a big fan of cats, I've always tried avoiding the cliche of a Hunter + his trusty Cat combo, but I do absolutely love boars (and rhinos)

see i never would have even considered a boar unless i asked here =p
Meggers
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

Haha, there are also plenty of white wolves in any model that would fit as the beginning area for dwarves is all snowy with woods etc...seems a fitting setting.
ImageImage
Morgrimsson
Realm: Thrall

Unread post by Morgrimsson »

Welcome back! My main is a dwarf hunter and I remember fondly the days of leveling in Dun Morogh. I think polar bears and boars are solid choices, but a big cat for me felt the best next to a dwarf. The snow leopards are the real beauties of the starter zone, but I hate the non-saber cat model. Fortunately for you, though, the Dusksaber now has that skin over the saber cat model and it's only Level 9, so if you don't mind a hike you can have one of the best looking and most "dwarf-y" pets in the game before you even need to give up your starter pet! That is just my suggestion though, I hope it helps :).
Worba
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

Dwarven DPS pets...

Personally I use The Beast and an ember worg on my male dwarf, and Arcturis and whatever that rare unique brown/gray worg from burning steppes is called (yep another worg).
Skeeter
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Skeeter »

yea ive been lookin, if i get a wolf, it will be a tough choice between the ember worg and the blue/gray wolves in the dwarf zone, havent been out much because of brewfest, WHY DID I PICK THE LAST DAY OF IT TO START PLAYING AGAIN QQ
Skeeter
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Skeeter »

feel like a true dwarf, leveling up threw drinking....alot
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

Dwarven pets for DPS? Definitely go for Timber. He's right in the area! Get yourself a snow leopard, too.

Unfortunately, most of the 'dwarf-themed pets' for me are tenacity. It seems like all the swarf-attitude stuff (bears, boars, rhinos) are tenacity.
Come see Kurasu's stables!