What old dungeon would you turn into a new H?

SgtMakkie
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Twisting Nether EU, Bloodhoof EU

Re: What old dungeon would you turn into a new H?

Unread post by SgtMakkie »

Gimlion wrote:
SgtMakkie wrote:
Gimlion wrote:Sunken Temple... The Original Sunken Temple.
hehe, made me chuckle... kinda exactly my point.. why nerf them, only to bring them back rehashed?!? Maybe better to have area's inside the dungeon that you can unlock with a quest that are then specific and new to max level players.
You have no idea (well... maybe you do, but IDK) how pissed I was about Blizzard nerfing my favorite instance into another one of their mindless, requires-minimal-skill styled dungeons... I almost rage quit the game right there, but decided against it...

I seriously loved the design of Old ST, and when I saw the extremely dull and mind-numbingly noob/idiot-friendly layout they gave the new one, I wanted to cry.

Though I may be one of the few who liked the old way, it was very much like a puzzle or math problem, took time to do right, but still fun in the end (Well, I like math, so :mrgreen: ). Now it's too boring and easy, just like all of their other dungeons.
You explained exactly what I meant :) I hate the way Blizzard has turned everything into a snooze run, so people can complete it in a short time and without any real effort! People say let's have hard and easy Heroic's.. oh wait you had them and still complained (za/zg), now they're easy and you're also unhappy...*FACEPALM*

One day people will see the junk Blizzard is peddling and say No (at least I hope so). Answer one simple question, why rehash? Why are we as paying clients, willing to accept a remade dungeon that you've already gotten so bored of, the original got nerfed into a cake walk? Are you really viewing yourself so low or unworthy of new and well designed dungeons? Why can't the term Heroic actually have a meaning close to the one you'd find in the dictionary?!? Instead you go to the word farce and find the meaning there!

I stopped playing the game because I got bored of Blizzards constant inability to be a modern games company that pushed the boundaries of the engine and made players actually play their class. The day they wake up and see that it's 2011 and no longer the day of the nerf, maybe I'll be coming back. Until then, WOW is just a memory of a fun game that got ruined.

SgtMakkie

Sig by Kamoodle

A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.

Everything in moderation. Even moderation.

Worba
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

I take your meaning, and I did have a sense of achievement from completing twisted-maze dungeons, but tbh it's not the kind of satisfaction that has a lot of repeat value - I mean you can only solve a maze so many times.

While they have no geographical difficulty, the cata dungeons are not easy - wotlk was easy, the catas have an element of challenge (at least on heroic mode).

Back in wotlk I was the only hunter who used a freeze trap (in my runs); normally the rest of the group would ignore this and whack the mob anyway, but on one of the few times when they paid attention and left my frozen mob for last, they were amazed and awed at the very idea. Yeah, I know. Anyway contrast that to nowadays when groups standardly expect you to be freezing - not always, like everyone I get my share of helpless groups, but it has been the norm in my experience.

They also standardly assign roles for boss tactics - kite this, stand in that beam, etc.

Now you may say THAT'S EZ, but honestly everything is, once you've done it enough times - the point is that at least in general, cata 5 man dungeons require demonstrably more skill and teamwork than their predecessors (which often required little skill and no teamwork beyond basic aggro management and heals).
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

SIGH. GUYS YOU ARE OFF TOPIC!.

My god this is not a thread for "whats wrong with blizz makeing ezy runs" OKAY? It's for WHAT OLD DUNGEON WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE TURNED INTO A NEW H. It's in the bloody title of all things. Make your own thread for that please.

Now can we get back to what the topic is about please?

Edit: sorry for being angry but my god wakeing up to seeing that it's turned into a argument about something that's not the topic got to me. I just wanted this to be a nice thread about what youd like to see as a H that;s all.
Mozag
Realm: Several on EU.

Unread post by Mozag »

I'd throw my vote in for all the Scarlet Monasteries, Scholomance, Stratholme and Zul Farrak. Those are my favourite Vanilla instances, along with SFK and the wonderful new Deadmines. :D
Worba

Unread post by Worba »

They already have an heroic version of SFK and Deadmines. :)
Mozag
Realm: Several on EU.

Unread post by Mozag »

Yes, that's why I stuck 'em at the end of the sentence since I didn't like to leave them out from a list of favourites. It was meant as a "Woohoo, well done for making them heroics, Blizz!" :D
Worba

Unread post by Worba »

Gotcha.
Siliverin
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nazgrel, Nesingwary, Dalaran

Unread post by Siliverin »

I would LOOOVE to see scarlet monistary redone! and shcholo and strat <3
Sig by Kurenio!
Anansi wrote:But OJC is just Old Jumper Cliff, a cranky old crazy guy who hops around making grunting noises to scare away children and small animals. Not sure if he's tamable, probably not.
Siliverin
Credit to Seilahyn and Kurenio for the avatars
Kayb
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Kayb »

I'm actually surprised they didn't take the opportunity to turn Ragefire Chasm into a heroic.

Orgrimmar has been assaulted by fire elements, much of the city destroyed or badly damaged. From the burning depths below Orgrimmar, raging fire elementals regroup for a second assault, with dangerous fire lords leading the way. When they're ready, they'll come rushing up from the chasm and burn the city from inside out.

1st run of Trash Mobs.
Since Oggleflint was slain years before, the Ragefire Troggs have largely remained unorganized, with infighting the norm. When the fire lords rose from the lava, they enslaved the troggs. Imbuing their most powerful units, the Ragefire Troggs have now become Fire Shamans, their power increasing by tenfold.

1st Boss - Flametooth.
Flametooth is the largest and most powerful Fire Shaman of them all, and has taken control of his fellow troggs and organized them into a deadly army.

2nd run of Trash Mobs.
The Burning Blade infestation has long since been removed from the chasm. With the arrival of the fire lords, a contingent of Twilights Hammer elementalists and warriors has also arrived. The warriors are patrolling their immediate area, making sure that the elementalists are not interrupted from casting a ritual that will summon a deadly foe.

2nd Boss - Magmarador.
As the last elementalist falls, their ritual completes, and a lethal molten giant, Magmarador, appears out of a firestorm. His hulking form would devastate Orgrimmar, he must be stopped.

3rd run of Trash Mobs.
Fire elementals and Flamewalker Salamander block your path to the first fire lord, they wait for the order to charge forth and surge into the city above.

3rd Boss - Neeru Fireblade.
Formerly a ranking member of the Burning Blade, he has fallen further to corruption, this time in the name of Ragnaros and the Old Gods. It was he who helped the elementals invade the chasm. As a reward, his already powerful abilities have been boosted, turning him into a fire lord.

4th run of Trash Mobs.
More fire elementals and salamander,

Final Boss - Incinderus
A powerful Salamander who reports directly to Ragnaros. He has been charged with destroying Orgrimmar, and with it, the core of the already shaky Horde.
Check out some arty stuff?
http://admiral-lilwall.deviantart.com/

'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

http://lilwall.net
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

That would be pretty cool.
Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Mara (before the nerf), the entire thing, and to making it even more heroic, your randomly qued party would be sent to the front door and have to decide either the orange or purple side. :twisted: Yes! Whahahahaaaa I would make everyone find their way, there would also be an achievement for getting to either side's 1st boss in under 15min :lol: Although if your going to turn all of Mara into a heroic, you might as well turn it into a raid, same with BRD (before the nerf), cuz back in nilla they were pretty damn close. :mrgreen:

SgtMakkie
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

cowmuflage wrote:SIGH. GUYS YOU ARE OFF TOPIC!.

My god this is not a thread for "whats wrong with blizz makeing ezy runs" OKAY? It's for WHAT OLD DUNGEON WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE TURNED INTO A NEW H. It's in the bloody title of all things. Make your own thread for that please.

Now can we get back to what the topic is about please?

Edit: sorry for being angry but my god waking up to seeing that it's turned into a argument about something that's not the topic got to me. I just wanted this to be a nice thread about what youd like to see as a H that's all.
Sigh........................................................................... I'm not arguing with anyone, I'm simply giving debate and questioning if the need to even make an old dungeon into a new Heroic is worthwhile?! As is typical with this forum, anyone offering any form of debate gets immediately tagged as causing an argument!
When will you ever learn???? :roll:

Last I checked this is a forum, a forum is for debate!

SgtMakkie

Sig by Kamoodle

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Yes but this threads not for that. It's simpley to say what you think would be cool as a H not to talk about if it's worthwhile to do so. You can make your own thread for that.
SgtMakkie
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

I was just simply airing my views on your topic, all within the rules :)

A little healthy debate and discussion is good.

SgtMakkie

Sig by Kamoodle

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

NVM you did XD It was someone else you did not.
SgtMakkie
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

If you go back to my first post, you'll see my suggestion.

Also, first rule of the forums : Debate is welcome :)

SgtMakkie

Sig by Kamoodle

meepitco
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nessingway- Main (H) Mannoroth- Secondary (A)

Unread post by meepitco »

Stockaids. I wanna kill Heroic Hogger.

Click the picture, it takes you to my deviantart.

Tumblr is here.

Worba

Unread post by Worba »

SgtMakkie wrote:Also, first rule of the forums : Debate is welcome :)
^
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Worba atleast post something that has todo with the thread and no you are not.

Underbog would be cool as a H.
Worba

Unread post by Worba »

Finish your sentences - no I am not what?

And if you skip back to my previous post you'd see that I did - SgtMakkie was questioning whether it was worth making any more old world dungeons into heroics as he felt heroics were being poorly designed to begin with, and I gave the other side of that view.