Guardian Cub Tradable Pet

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Qinni
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin(US)

Guardian Cub Tradable Pet

Unread post by Qinni »

Coming soon to a Pet Store near you: the new and titanically cute Guardian Cub companion. You’ve soared across Azeroth on the majestic Winged Guardian. Soon, you'll be able to purchase a pint-sized Guardian of the Titans sidekick to accompany you on your adventures.

Stunning good looks and adorable, supersized eyes aren’t all this new pet has going for it. The Guardian Cub is also the Pet Store's first tradable pet, meaning it can be swapped between characters in-game or given as a gift to guildmates, friends, family, or that special someone -- no adoption papers necessary. Due to his finicky nature, each Guardian Cub will only give its allegiance to one owner, meaning it’s a one-time-use pet that permanently binds to a single character. Be sure to choose a master wisely.

Q: How does the Guardian Cub pet work? How is it different from other Pet Store pets?
Unlike the other Pet Store companions, the Guardian Cub is a tradable, one-time-use pet that permanently binds to a single character upon use. When you purchase the Guardian Cub from the online store, the character you designate will receive a bind-on-use item to carry in his or her inventory. You can either use the item yourself to permanently add the pet to your character's collection (consuming the item in the process), or -- after a brief initial cooldown period -- you can trade the item to another player so he or she can add it to one of their character's collections. Note that once the pet has been added to a character's Companions list, it can no longer be traded, so make sure you're giving the cub a happy home.

Q: How much will the Guardian Cub cost in the Pet Store?
The Guardian Cub will be priced the same as the other Pet Store pets ($10 USD). All sales of the Guardian Cub are final -- no refunds will be given once a purchase is made.

Q: Why did you decide to make the Guardian Cub tradable?
Since the introduction of the Pet Store, many players have been asking for ways to get the companions we offer there without having to spend real-world cash. By making the Guardian Cub tradable (much like the BoE mounts from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game), players interested in the new pet will have fun, alternative in-game ways to get one. In addition to trading the pet, players can give the Guardian Cub as a gift to another character for a special occasion; guild leaders can use them to reward members for a job well done; and so on. We also hope this change will help reduce the number of incidents of scamming via trading for invalid pet codes.

Q: Could I put the Guardian Cub up on the auction house to try to make some gold if I wanted to?
While our goal is to offer players alternative ways to add a Pet Store pet to their collection, we’re ok with it if some players choose to use the Guardian Cub as a safe and secure way to try to acquire a little extra in-game gold without turning to third-party gold-selling services. However, please keep in mind that there's never any guarantee that someone will purchase what you put up for sale in the auction house, or how much they'll pay for it. Also, it’s important to note that we take a firm stance against buying gold from outside sources because in most cases, the gold these companies offer has been stolen from compromised accounts. (You can read more about our stance here.) While some players might be able to acquire some extra gold by putting the Guardian Cub in the auction house, that’s preferable to players contributing to the gold-selling “black market” and account theft.

Blog entry.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/366563 ... _2011#blog

Sounds like they are selling gold to me!

meepitco
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nessingway- Main (H) Mannoroth- Secondary (A)

Re: Guardian Cub Tradable Pet

Unread post by meepitco »

And my hatred to Blizz's ideas....grow stronger and stronger. I honestly don't think I'll buy this, speaking I have my little Windrider cub out all the time. I do like the idea, but wish blizz would make two versions of it, one for trading (which honestly, I don't approve of), and one that's BoA, and all your toons get it (if I read correctly, only one would/will get it.)

Click the picture, it takes you to my deviantart.

Tumblr is here.

Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

Er... Yeah. That's not leaving a good vibe with me. Should've just stuck to mini-pets that are BoA. >>

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Silivren
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

Aleu wrote:Er... Yeah. That's not leaving a good vibe with me. Should've just stuck to mini-pets that are BoA. >>

Quite true - its cute but I wont be buying it.. That's stupid if you ask me.

Meggers
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

If you pay real money, it should be BoA. end of.
ImageImage
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

If I did buy it I'd keep it for myself! $10 US is not cheap!
Miacoda
Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde

Unread post by Miacoda »

I don't even find it that cute, but I would never buy it if it wasn't BOA. I read this and thought "how about an option to either get a BoA or BoE?"

On another note "psh, and blizzard said they weren't adding any more gold sinks" :P

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

I'm pretty miffed about this. :/ I'm an avid pet collector and this is just wrong. If I'm paying $10 for this, it needs to be BoA.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Tho knowing me If I saw in in th AH I'd buy it XD not like golds hard to come by.
Miacoda
Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde

Unread post by Miacoda »

IMO since it's not BoA it should be like... $5. <_< or at least cheaper than $10.

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

I actually think this is an interesting idea, as it gives us the option of paying for it with either money or gold. My alts are already swamped with BoA pets, so I don't think I'll miss getting it on them. I will pay $10 to get one on my main, who is also my mini-pet collector. If one of my alts ends up strongly favoring the Winged Guardian mount, then I might spend gold to get them the mini-pet, if the prices aren't crazy. It will be interesting to see what they go for on the AH.
Qinni
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin(US)

Unread post by Qinni »

TheDoomcookie wrote:IMO since it's not BoA it should be like... $5. <_< or at least cheaper than $10.
Tree Fitty! ...and I'll maybe think about getting it
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Ehh, I'm not bothered by the BoE aspect. They're trying something new, I think it's neat. I don't really use the minipets on all my alts, it's just customary to head to the mailbox and grab my flood of pets, learn them, and forget about them, so even though they all get one Veph is my only collector. I wouldn't buy this one specifically as I don't like it myself, but to fuel the collection I might get it from the AH.
Last edited by Vephriel on Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

thank god its not very cute to me, im more then happy to not have it join my winged guardian mount (when i ride it that is which is hardly ever anymore)

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Mychelle
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Kirin Tor

Unread post by Mychelle »

I *REALLY* hate this idea. I gladly paid the 10$s for *all* of the other pets because every single one of my characters got them. But 10$s just for ONE character getting it? Ugh. >.<

Sigh...but I hate not having my collection. =/ Meh, I guess if I have the extra 10$s maybe...
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

What came as a surprise to me was how the Winged Guardian mount makes me very happy on an instinctive level in a way few mounts do. I don't think this will transfer over to the minipet, though.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

this item seems almost designed to encourage RMT.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Andine
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moonglade

Unread post by Andine »

While I won't buy this because it's 10$ just for one pet for one character, I support the idea. Hopefully people will prefer the "legal" gold selling to the illegal one. Yes, it's gold selling, but at least the person getting the cash will now be an actual game developer who knows what do with it, not some random Chinese mobster. Situation is becoming really tragic - almost every time I go to Thunder Bluff flight point, I see there level 1 Tauren druid standing and spamming Trade.
Yaone
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Lightbringer

Unread post by Yaone »

lol I'll wait till everyone gets pissed due to undercutting and drops the price drastically, you know it'll happen specially on high population servers because everyone and their sister is going to do it too. AND considering you can get tcg pets for 3-6$ on ebay... I find this a little absurd. What's next? A single use mount for the price of the other two that is only good for one char? (unless you drop some major dough for a few chars)

If I am not mistaken, I believe that people wanted them to make the TCG pets BoE/U not the store pets.

Oh and one last thing,

The Guardian Cub will be priced the same as the other Pet Store pets ($10 USD). All sales of the Guardian Cub are final -- no refunds will be given once a purchase is made.

Please please please do NOT buy a ton of these at once, do one at a time!
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Yaone wrote:Please please please do NOT buy a ton of these at once, do one at a time!
Oh I don't know, it would be more money going to game development, and lower prices on the AH, what's not to like? :)