The Rehoming Room

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
starkittens
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: mok'nathal, Runetotem, and a couple others

Re: The Rehoming Room

Unread post by starkittens »

:) no bad people killing banny. banny'll moonfire them to the grave!

The burns of a fire may heal with time
but the burns from our love will never heal, even as the years pass on
{My Magistream Keep}{My DA}{My DC scroll}

Melentari
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Melentari »

Gave a hunter a tip today on how to get Skitterflame after Starkittens gave me the tip herself. I botched a first attempt at helping him, but he got Skitter right after - so I'm considering it a success! I'm doing better at giving things away than I am getting them for myself. XD

Melentari and Tevildo - she tamed him a long time ago.

Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Runetotem

Unread post by Sarantha »

Rehomed Deth to a worgen hunter using druid roots again. I think druids were made to help in these challenge tames. I've rehomed so many using my druid.
Part of Dark Magics, lvl 25 Horde guild, casual, helpful, don't raid, mostly help people and hunt pets.
Part of Dynasty, lvl 25 Alliance guild, casual and hardcore (your choice, no one forces you to raid, but you can), very helpful
Come on over if interested (Runetotem US, Horde name Sarantha, Ally name Ellysetta or Valeraud)
Orm

Unread post by Orm »

Sarantha wrote:Rehomed Deth to a worgen hunter using druid roots again. I think druids were made to help in these challenge tames. I've rehomed so many using my druid.
A druid helped me out with Deth'tilac last night, too. Now all I need in Molten Front is Karkin...

Ahem.

I've been doing a little rehoming, too! A couple days before Melentari helped me tame Ban'Thalos, I assisted a Worgen Hunter named Durrel in his desire to give a home to Terrorpene. There's a little history to this one, though.

I had been looking in Twilight Highlands for days, trying to get Sambas, and occasionally chatting in General. One of the people who I spoke with most was Durrel, whose only major pet interest was the lava turtle. Well, after taming Sambas, I was flying around Hyjal and NPC Scan went nuts, alerting me to Terrorpene's presence. I tried contacting Durrel (who was on but AFK) several times, but got no response. I watched a Horde hunter die to the turtle twice before I decided that, since Durrel wasn't responding, I might like a lava turtle myself.

Right after I tamed him, Durrel came back.

Yeah... I felt kind of guilty about it. So the next couple days I spent some time fishing up Volatile Fire while camping Terrorpene's path. Sure enough, he showed up. I was able to contact Durrel, who made it there in no time. Turtle rehomed!

The screenshot was taken last night.

Last night, right after that screenshot was taken, someone on Ventrilo asked me where to find Ashtail (who I absolutely adore). I was already in a team with another hunter on a different server (a real life friend who also wanted Ashtail), and was in Loch Modan at the fox's spawn point, so I teamed with the hunter. Once the hunter, another Worgen named Moonyin, showed up, she tamed him (despite him trying to teleport out of the tame!), and was rehomed and renamed Blueberry. Here's a picture of him with my own fox, Mulder.

Side note: It's interesting that when you team with Real ID friends from other servers, you can see their dots on your map. It made it easy to show my other friend where to pick up Ashtail for his daughter's character last night. He's on Whisperwind, I'm on Moon Guard.
Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

More druid/Deth rehoming just now. A little more interesting because I used my DK at first but they kept breaking chains instantly, not allowing my army of the dead to do the massive damage it usually does by all those little ghouls dying. I then switched to druid and asked them to NOT EFFIN BREAK ROOTS and all was good and a dwarf got himself Deth. What is it with dwarf hunters wanting Deth so badly on my server? :D

Later on, helped ANOTHER dwarf (what is it with most hunters being dwarves lately?!) get Skarr. He named her Ellysweety because I alerted him first rather than my horde pals. He was my friend and I like him better than most people horde side, so of course I would alert him first. It was still very nice of him to name him that.
Part of Dark Magics, lvl 25 Horde guild, casual, helpful, don't raid, mostly help people and hunt pets.
Part of Dynasty, lvl 25 Alliance guild, casual and hardcore (your choice, no one forces you to raid, but you can), very helpful
Come on over if interested (Runetotem US, Horde name Sarantha, Ally name Ellysetta or Valeraud)
Orm

Unread post by Orm »

Another assist... only this time I was too quick on the screenshot trigger for the person taming Ankha to get her clothes back on.

Either that or I'm just a dirty old dwarf who likes half-naked Night Elves.

Kalhoun
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Ghostlands (H) & Kirin Tor (A)

Unread post by Kalhoun »

Orm wrote:Another assist... only this time I was too quick on the screenshot trigger for the person taming Ankha to get her clothes back on.

Either that or I'm just a dirty old dwarf who likes half-naked Night Elves.

ROFL! Nice screenshot.
Airwyn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Scarlet Crusade (A)

Unread post by Airwyn »

Just rehomed Ankha :) Logged in to find her up and running around, I already have her so I whispered the first hunter out there and got a willing Dwarf. Just as I explained to take his gear off, he hit tame and she floored him :P So he came back and tried again but he died because a priest pulled aggro off of him. 3rd times a charm, he got her and was very appreciative!

Airwyn on Scarlet Crusade US

Amazing sig made by Ashaine! Thank you!

Airwyn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Scarlet Crusade (A)

Unread post by Airwyn »

*Double Post*

And Banny right after :) Flew over to the sanctuary and Silverdragon went off for Banny. I saw a mage pulling him down who I thought was trying to kill him, after communicating with a hunter, the mage was pulling him down for the hunter to tame. After a few more tries, she got him! :)

Airwyn on Scarlet Crusade US

Amazing sig made by Ashaine! Thank you!

Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Helped Ankha find a home. Was just doing a passover on my hunter like I do for all rares when I'm in their area and my scanner blared for Ankha. After a few minutes of asking on horde side, with no takers, I logged to alliance and asked my ally guild. A hunter guildie was so excited to hear that she was up and unmolested. I summoned her to Ankha, but by that time a NElf hunter had shown up, but wasn't actively taming her. Both were my friends, so I was kind of torn, but after my guildie tamed Ankha, the NElf surprised me by gratsing my guildie and telling me he was just wanting Ankha for a guildie of his own, but he understood that my guildie got there first so he didn't interfere. He told me the only rare he needed and wanted still was Skitterflame but someone screwed it up for him each time or he'd mess it up himself and Skitter would die.

So I go to MF to do dailies, get to the druid dailies, and see Skitterflame up! I immediately tell the nice hunter who left Ankha alone and he rushes over to tame him. He died the first time because he didn't understand about roots. I root Skitterflame for him, and he tames easily. Kindness pays off! If he had ganked Ankha from my guildie, or prevented her from taming Ankha, I wouldn't have helped him get Skitter, but he was really nice about it and got his precious Skitter. He was quite happy and tried to pay me for helping him get Skitter.

Two rehomes in less than an hour is not bad, and both were very happy and thankful. It was marred by the needless death of Skarr, whom my guildie needed and wanted, but she just said 'oh well, I just got Ankha anyway' and said she'd try for him another day.
Melentari
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Rehomed yet another Ban'thalos this morning. I showed the other hunter how to get him, and then we spent almost an hour reminiscing about old times, missing things like Expose Weakness. I also met another guy over in Twilight Highlands who was looking for Sambas, same as me, but he told me he was also looking for Terrorpene. I'm now keeping an eye out for Mr. Fireturtle for him.

Melentari
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Me again! (I'm good at giving things away.)

I found Terrorpene for the hunter I promised him to. I went to check over in Hyjal just before my dailies and there he was, wandering around in the lava and luckily, the hunter was just in MF. I whispered him to hurry, and very soon, he had the turtle he wanted. He asked me, after that, where the spiders were in MF. I told him where each of them were, and where he could eventually find Skarr and Karkin. The next thing I knew, I was down in MF and he was kiting Solix around, whispering me that Solix was a beast. XD I watched him work and, before long, I was telling him when to tame him. He came out with the nice orange spider. So I don't know if that counts as a rehome or not, but hey! More power to 'im!

Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Rehomed Banny via druid. Which is odd, because...druid. Useless against Ban. The only thing I did was summon the poor NElf to the tree since he kept dying trying to get on it. He got Ban in the end though, even though there were three other hunters trying too. The random dude I offered to help cuz he died trying got him. His repairs paid off with a lovely spirit birdie.
ummeiko
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Illidan / Cho'gall / Blackhand

Unread post by ummeiko »

Passing on some good Karma after a nice warlock helped me get Skarr (BM/Surv means no silence for me, and he was on a rock that I couldn't reach with the haste buff updraft), tonight I helped a hunter with Skitterflame. Actually, there was a bit of competition for him, but they took turns. They kept trying to tame him too early, before his buff wore off, so they died or had to reset him a few times before they got it. I gave them some pointers and kept the other mobs away while they tried, occasionally tossing a concussive shot if they weren't prepared for the spider to be loose.

Last night on my priest I helped a hunter with Kirix as best I could, which basically meant fort, shield, and pain suppression to try to keep him from dying to magmatoxin, and rezzing him if he died. He was doing the rock strat instead of the disengage strat, so occasionally Kirix would evade and such. Took awhile, but we got it.

Tried to help a hunter with Deth today after some random passerbys helped me last night. But the hunter kited Deth all the way to Malfurion's Breach and there were just too many people/npcs there, so Deth died. I tried to tell him not to go that way (if Deth didn't kill himself with Deth Strike, our overpopulated server probably would've nuked him down anyway). Unfortunately, the hunter was in one of the Chinese guilds on the server (we have a few) so I'm not sure he understood.

All in all, been having a good pet time in MF.

dragonaa
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: ghostlands

Unread post by dragonaa »

tonight i was on my hunter in sholizar wanderng and i ran into king krush my bf was asleep and i knew he didnt have him i summoned him to sholizar and tamed krush for him on his toon then i rembered he really wanted skarr and arcturus i went and looked for arcturus with him rideing my sandstaone drake no luck i went to hyjal and saw magria botched the first attemt at tameing her on him then tamed her and flew him to molten front and i see that deths up i decide to check for skarr first as thats the pet he realy wants and there he was he died at leas 4 times (no mm spec) before i sucsefully tamed his cat for him when he wakes up hes in for a big surpize :twisted:

Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter

Unread post by Lisaara »

Was able to rehome Kirix the other evening.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Someone was trying to kill Skitterflame for shiz n giggles, so I asked them to stop and told them its just a hunter pet and doesn't drop anything. They said "Okay, if its a special hunter pet, do u want to tame it?" I just sighed and said "Sure." and tamed it. No one else had wanted it and it was up for 2+ hours and it WAS a pet I did not have. So yeah, unintentionally rehomed Skitter to myself to keep some ahole from killing it. I actually still have Skitter and think the red spider model is pretty cool looking. I haven't used it much til now and I really like the colors. So not a wasted rehome, actually.

Also rehomed Magria earlier by just saying "Magria is up" in my channel. Some french person in the channel that speaks very little english got her and said something in french, which I hope meant "Thanks" or "Yay, I got her" and wasn't some sort of insult. I need to study french or something...
SibealAD
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by SibealAD »

Rehoming guild story ^^

I had been afk, and came back to a guild member saying that some one in guild chat was asking for help killing Terrorpene. She, being a hunter herself, was trying to talk them out of killing it. I spoke up saying, wow that's a really rare hunter's pet. The person was like oh, he was sorry for trying to kill it and asked if any one wanted it? he'd use his have group will travel to bring them right over. Well my friend and I already had him, but we knew another guild member who collects pretty pets, she's like 13 and obsessed with collecting rares (has Loque and the Bear from Northrend, Sambas, Jade fang, and ghost crawler, along with some others i don't remmeber off the top of my head). So we told her mom that we had a rare pet for her, and she now has her Lavacrusher -giggles-
starkittens
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

eee!!!happy stories!

starkittens
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

ok, 2 good things. 1) i re-homed Karkin to a guildy who didn't have Silencing Shot we got it on the First try. and Me and skitter had another "dance" (read bout what i do here:http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=15287) there was a couple skeles around him..so something must have happened, but nothing bad for him.