Sigrah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Area 52

Melee, Ranged, and Wands come Mists of Pandara

Unread post by Sigrah »

Hunter minimum range is gone!
Hunter melee weapon is gone!

Ranged slot for all other characters are gone.
Relics are gone.
Rogues and warriors can now throw their melee weapon
Wands become main hand weapons

Hunters: Enjoy whatever melee weapons you are collecting to go with your outfits now. It seems when MoP goes live, you'll no longer get to use them. Of course, if you're like me, you're not even worrying about the melee weapons all that much.

Mages, Priests, and Warlocks: You might want to start looking at the various wands in the game since they are slated to become main hand weapons when MoP goes live. This can only make things more fun for you all :)
Hero
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: trollbane

Re: Melee, Ranged, and Wands come Mists of Pandara

Unread post by Hero »

this isnt cool iv played since day 1 i have some Melee wpns that blizz made special like the arcinite ripper the Sweet ass AXe guitar with the even cooler use n now what... hey grats on winning that n thinking ull use it forever btw u cant use it anymore
Dialga
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Dialga »

I'm angry, I'm freaking FURIOUS.

My hunter has Thunderfury, Treant's Bane, Runeblade of Rivendare, Ashkandi (both), and a LOT of purple drops from old school farming. I made it my mission to grab them all. And they're just piles of gold waiting to be sold? I won't even be able to equip them anymore?

No. No. The last straw. I didn't put this much effort into my main for this to happen. If MoP hits live and I can't equip any of my melee weapons, even just for show, I'm done. I'm gone.
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

I'm really, seriously hoping they mean that you can still equip a melee weapon, but not at the same time as a ranged weapon. At least that way we can see our pretties. :-/

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Chimera
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

Im happy about the change -but- i do agree, i got some major sexy weapons that i do enjoy wearing on both my caster classes and hunters, one of them is a key item in my current trolls RP if i decide to turn her RP back into that of a Shadowprey tribe native, being fisherman to make a living i gave her a polearm i found that fits the theme of spear fishing, is a sexy color of black, and goes wonderfully with my armor

i hope we get to wear for appearence but in terms of gameplay itself for fighting i am happy

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

Like some of the above posters, I was floored by this news as I'm a huge collector of melee weapons. Literally I have bags of them, way more than ranged weapons. It just doesn't make sense, especially since transmogging is about to hit next patch... I was going around and collecting even more weapons so that I would have as many graphics to draw from as possible, and now we're being told that it won't matter come 5.0?

I like LupisDarkmoon's suggestion that you could put it in the ranged slot, but not at the same time as a ranged item. I think that would be an acceptable compromise.
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Yeah, I've been gathering up lots of amazing looking melee weapons. >.<

Though this does give me hope that our ranged weapons will show up on our backs, perhaps along with quivers. That would be very neat.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by MaximumOverdrive »

Although it kinda sucks that we won't have our awesome melee weapons...I won't quit or get all pissy if it is lost. There's too many others good things to distract me.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Well overall I'm glad to see that melee weapons are going. Honestly, I'm kinda glad to be rid of "stat sticks". Sure, I'll miss having some of the pretty and cool weapons that I've collected over the years, but in the long run... I'm saved from having to spend dkp on something that really just is a stat stick at the end of the day.

Hopefully though, they start giving us more "fun" ranged weapons. A lot of weapons have some neat 'use' (like the fire cat stick for druids), I hope some ranged stuff gets love like that too.

Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

I have some nice looking melee stuff, but honestly, most melee weapons annoy me. Too big, they cut through my cloak, etc, etc. I'm not all that upset about this.
Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

I was thinking.. its not dumbing down the game, its removing unneccesecarily complicated crap. Its more of a hassle and a chore to juggle things you dont even use. Rogues and Warriors dont rely on ranged weapons like hunters, they use them to pull mobs away and thats it, hunters arent meant to use melee weapons unless absolutely forced to, they rely on ranged weapons. To see that Rogues and Warrs have to use thrown makes me happy, and not using melee weapons for stat sticks on hunters makes me happy because druids dont have to fight against them. Removal of all Relics makes me especially happy because now you dont need to spend justice/valor for it, its one less item people need to gem, and one less item multiple classes all roll on cause a) its an upgrade, b) they are retarded and are rolling on the wrong kind of relic for their class/specc, c) they are rolling for luls, d) they are building a offspecc

I hope with these changes, ranged weapons will be shown when put away, and that wands get bigger and dont look awful, they are probably, along with throwing weapons, the most awful looking items in the game, they are tiny, most have terrible graphics, and remind me more of sticks with a trinket hammered or screwed onto the tip

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

smashfanDS
Realm: EU - Silvermoon

Unread post by smashfanDS »

When I read the first line I was happy :D :D :D

When I read the 2nd line, at first, I was :|
Then I remembered I can't equip the staff from Auchenai Crypts I got for transmogrification, then I went :/
Then I remembered my Teebu's Blazing Longsword, Thunderfury, and Arcanite Ripper, Pirate gear with sword and went DHWEUR9FHERUIFGHRUIDRFIOGVBHDFUIO

IF it wasn't for Pokemon coming into WoW next Expansion, I would quit :(
Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

For those of you raging about this...

Look at the bright side, no more rolling against druids for stat sticks.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Does this mean I can duel wield Stoneshatter? :lol: Hey a girl can dream can't she............ :mrgreen:

Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

One more thing to consider...

Rogues and Warriors won't be rolling on our ranged weapons anymore either.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Dialga
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Dialga »

Slickrock wrote:One more thing to consider...

Rogues and Warriors won't be rolling on our ranged weapons anymore either.
Yes... but we can't roll on those cool daggers, staffs, ect. I dunno. It's a good change overall, but it's SUCH spit in the face for Transmog, RP, and people who have rare weapons that they want the visual appeal for. I put a lot of effort into collecting some of this stuff...
Schwert
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: [[US - Proudmore]]

Unread post by Schwert »

I don't normally complain about PvP but the main focus of my class in arenas/RBG's on my teams is to mess with the hunters by getting in their faces so they can only attack me with melee.
If they can shoot me in the face with their bow from literally inches away from their chests...

It makes no sense and I'm not impressed.
/nonhunterrant
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

Kraai wrote:I don't normally complain about PvP but the main focus of my class in arenas/RBG's on my teams is to mess with the hunters by getting in their faces so they can only attack me with melee.
If they can shoot me in the face with their bow from literally inches away from their chests...

It makes no sense and I'm not impressed.
/nonhunterrant
What you just said is the exact reason we needed this change. We are absolutely useless in melee range, unlike any other class in the game. Finally I'll be able to group up in melee range for a boss effect without being completely gipped for the 10-15 seconds.

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Holgarr
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US - Alliance

Unread post by Holgarr »

losing "stat-sticks" I don't mind at all, but losing aesthetics really gets this old bull's dander up.

Lugging around some big ugly polearm in combat is a hassle, true, but if getting rid of it means I can't have a walking-stick to carry around town either, well...

That's just going too far, I think.
Image Image
ionicOneirologist
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by ionicOneirologist »

*delurks* I'm torn, myself. It's a given that no more minimum range is fantastic, but taking melee away from us altogether is a huge blow to my heart. Even though I don't own anything amazing myself, I sure as hell had a whole list of things I wanted to collect for transmog. I see the mechanical reasoning behind the idea, but...

I used to just be annoyed that staves/polearms were better itemized than dual-wielded weapons, since I adore dual-wield. But even so, there were some staves/polearms I absolutely loved, so it wasn't so bad. And honestly? Why would a hunter, someone who survives in the wilds alongside their animal companion, not carry a knife, a sword, a fishing spear, SOMEthing? Bows and guns and crossbows are great, but they can't hack away vines, or prepare a meal, or gain you back the advantage by sticking that ambusher in the gut... it doesn't make sense, flavor-wise, to me. Only gameplay-wise. And of course there's the whole roleplaying factor. Personally I don't think I'd be entirely satisfied were we able to equip either ranged or melee but not both at the same time, but I hope that's what happens because it's better than nothing.

Maybe if we got dual-wielded pistols/crossbows I'd be happier with this change. Maybe. I mean, bows are still my favorite of the three ranged weapon types, so. :/ I dunno, it's just... dual-wielded melee weapons was one of the original things I thought were really cool about hunters that drew me to the class, alongside Eyes of the Beast. So I'm a bit crestfallen, to say the least.

Maybe Pandaria will be gorgeous enough and WoWemon will be awesome enough that I won't care in the end? Maybe?